IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🤠 howdy folks, well we’ve made it to Thursday and go out or in and make it an enjoyable day for you and yours! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Have A Nice Day GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

98%
Mild with periods of rain and a thunderstorm; there can be ponding on streets and highways

RealFeel®57°

RealFeel Shade™57°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindWSW 9 mph

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Random late-night, post-steakhouse-visit wishful thought: why is there no Saltburn premium? 

Would totally buy a Saltburn premium. 

That's all—have a splendid sleep, folks. 

Oh, one more loose thought—there are 13 Star Trek films. Why are there no Star Trek premiums? 

I would buy a one click of each Star Trek film. That's 13 one clicks. Someone needs to make it happen. 

Tired Good Morning GIF

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Random late-night, post-steakhouse-visit wishful thought: why is there no Saltburn premium? 

Would totally buy a Saltburn premium. 

That's all—have a splendid sleep, folks. 

9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Oh, one more loose thought—there are 13 Star Trek films. Why are there no Star Trek premiums? 

I would buy a one click of each Star Trek film. That's 13 one clicks. Someone needs to make it happen. 

These thoughts and more, brought to you by

Drunk Tim And Eric GIF

In reality it was a bold cab, though

ezgif-5-52ef6ab195.gif.5fd1f50747c488b101ae99481f780e08.gif

Happy Friday, everyone! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

“I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews, I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews, I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews.”

Have IMAX tickets to see it next Saturday afternoon.  I watched the short sneak preview released last week and now I’m going to try to avoid hearing anything else.  Wish me luck.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

“I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews, I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews, I’m NOT going to read any Dune reviews.”

Have IMAX tickets to see it next Saturday afternoon.  I watched the short sneak preview released last week and now I’m going to try to avoid hearing anything else.  Wish me luck.

Good luck! Going to be epic in IMAX I'm sure. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I'm introducing the wife to Dune: Part One tonight after work. Looking forward to revisiting it, only seen it the one time. 

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

Good luck! Going to be epic in IMAX I'm sure. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I'm introducing the wife to Dune: Part One tonight after work. Looking forward to revisiting it, only seen it the one time. 

I'm seeing it in IMAX in two days! IMAX calls it a fan first premiere and there's supposed to be a mini-poster giveaway too. Rewatched part 1 with the wife last week to get her caught up. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I'm seeing it in IMAX in two days! IMAX calls it a fan first premiere and there's supposed to be a mini-poster giveaway too. Rewatched part 1 with the wife last week to get her caught up. 

That’s amazing!  If I’d had that opportunity I would’ve jumped on it too.  

I was getting tickets for a friend and I, we saw part 1 together.  Then my niece wanted to see part 1 to see if she was interested; she loved it.  So finally my son, who was never interested in Dune, decided he wanted to see it.  

He liked it and wanted to go too, but by the time we got through his viewing (scheduling around school night bedtimes, other activities etc), there weren’t even any decent seats left at a showing before Saturday.  I wanted to see it opening night but oh well; taking an excited group on Saturday.

I want one of the already infamous popcorn buckets (and my son and I always get any special popcorn bucket that’s available), but I expect it to be sold out when we get there.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

That’s amazing!  If I’d had that opportunity I would’ve jumped on it too.  

I was getting tickets for a friend and I, we saw part 1 together.  Then my niece wanted to see part 1 to see if she was interested; she loved it.  So finally my son, who was never interested in Dune, decided he wanted to see it.  

He liked it and wanted to go too, but by the time we got through his viewing (scheduling around school night bedtimes, other activities etc), there weren’t even any decent seats left at a showing before Saturday.  I wanted to see it opening night but oh well; taking an excited group on Saturday.

I want one of the already infamous popcorn buckets (and my son and I always get any special popcorn bucket that’s available), but I expect it to be sold out when we get there.

@Heywoodmoutaw these are the 2 films that might draw me out to see films in the theater (it is hard to pick seating from what they show online though, WHERE DO I SIT? 🧐)…

🦍 🦖 

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire 

🙊 

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

Just had a few minutes to spare and was looking at the "Now Playing" section of the Forum and saw that "Poor Things" was playing when i noticed........ 

Screenshot2024-02-23133321.thumb.png.81b1d963ccb84cbb48d6d1b32bd16eb5.png

That the revenue was around 100 Million and wondering if that is attributed to one HOT stone , Emma Stone being in the movie ?!? 😁

Screenshot2024-02-23133120.png.4cd29b73d00ad6191820db11efb129ae.png

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Just had a few minutes to spare and was looking at the "Now Playing" section of the Forum and saw that "Poor Things" was playing when i noticed........ 

That the revenue was around 100 Million and wondering if that is attributed to one HOT stone , Emma Stone being in the movie ?!? 😁

Bored Come On GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Masterblaster said:

This seemed so unlikely to me that I checked IMDb and they’re showing almost $94 million.  Unbelievable that movie has made so much money.  I’m happy for Lanthimos; I loved The Lobster, liked The Favourite pretty well.  Makes me happy when good directors make enough money to probably buy themselves some creative freedom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Veum said:

@Heywoodmoutaw these are the 2 films that might draw me out to see films in the theater (it is hard to pick seating from what they show online though, WHERE DO I SIT? 🧐)…

🦍 🦖 

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire 

🙊

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Unless I’m going to see something my son wants to see, I pretty much only go when I’m seeing something in IMAX.  I always sit in the first or second row up from center.  I want to be overwhelmed by the screen but I don’t want to crane my neck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Unless I’m going to see something my son wants to see, I pretty much only go when I’m seeing something in IMAX.  I always sit in the first or second row up from center.  I want to be overwhelmed by the screen but I don’t want to crane my neck.

😳 not me…

image.jpeg.a4b1cae3eddfd5174926e4465acdfc15.jpeg

I need to be back a lot more to be comfortable and enjoy the movie! 😉 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

😳 not me…

image.jpeg.a4b1cae3eddfd5174926e4465acdfc15.jpeg

I need to be back a lot more to be comfortable and enjoy the movie! 😉 

I want to be right next to those handicapped seats in the center, that’s my sweet spot.  I also have long legs; I’m only 6’1” but I’m 75% leg, 25% torso & head.  I like being able to stretch my legs out without annoying anyone.

Annoying anyone with my feet and legs, anyway.  I’ll probably find some other way to annoy them.  I fully expect to call out during Dune “Usil has called the big one!”

IMG_1048.thumb.jpeg.7c9d0254e2562097fdcd0209e94cac60.jpeg

• Like 6

I’m not sure the best place to post it but Diabolik (probably others too) has the Ealing comedies for pre-order, especially cool version of Lavender Hill Mob.  Also, Arrow is releasing (also available at Diabolik) The Long Good Friday in 4K.  I love watching that movie just for the Hoskins and Mirren performances.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Masterblaster said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this, missed it theaters.

• Like 2