IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rec’d my Pet Sematary and IT chapter 1 1990 directly from CM, and someone/somewhere spilled gasoline on the outside box they came in...

... (I have never come across something this bizarre, EVER!) 😤

I’m airing them out at this moment... anyone have any ideas if I should do anything else with them (I have not taken the plastic off them as of yet!)?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

Just rec’d my Pet Sematary and IT chapter 1 1990 directly from CM, and someone/somewhere spilled gasoline on the outside box they came in...

I’m airing them out at this moment... anyone have any ideas if I should do anything else with them (I have not taken the plastic off them as of yet!)?

@Veum

giphy.gif

GASOLINE?!!

giphy.gif

I’ve never seen or heard of something like that happening to a package being delivered. You probably should call your local Post Office with a complaint!!! That’s unacceptable to have your items (no matter the value be treated with such carelessness.) Sorry to hear you have to be apart of such a strange  & sucky situation.

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Veum said:

You could try Clorox wipes. If you’re removing the shrink It’s probably not an issue though.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

giphy.gif

GASOLINE?!!

giphy.gif

I’ve never seen or heard of something like that happening to a package being delivered. You probably should call your local Post Office with a complaint!!! That’s unacceptable to have your items (no matter the value be treated with such carelessness.) Sorry to hear you have to be apart of such a strange  & sucky situation.

@Hollywood E Rock

Yeah I did call the P.O., however not much can be done since where did it happen?! 😥

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

Would you take the plastic off and inspect them better (I’m airing them out, outside)?

@Veum

I would definitely open them, I would need to give myself piece of mind. You can wrap them back up with bubble wrap if you don’t have any other protector for them at the moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

I would definitely open them, I would need to give myself piece of mind. You can wrap them back up with bubble wrap if you don’t have any other protector for them at the moment.

@Hollywood E Rock

I did and no damage except there still is a small gasoline smell on the back side of both of them! 

I’ll leave them outside for as long as I can the rest of the day!

If it is any consolation for me, they look fantastic! 

This is a story you can tell your children about, “I knew this old codger and his films had a gasoline smell on them”! 🤣

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

I did and no damage except there still is a small gasoline smell on the back side of both of them! 

I’ll leave them outside for as long as I can the rest of the day!

If it is any consolation for me, they look fantastic! 

This is a story you can tell your children about, “I knew this old codger and his films had a gasoline smell on them”! 🤣

@Hollywood E Rock

Took the SBs and booklets out and they have no damage or smell... the small smell is just on the backside of the slip-boxes and I think over time it will dissipate! 🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Basil said:

sorry to butt in boys but just seen this app that can do something rather good and think i wanna show my mate @Scary Hair

her look ann at results on dis

kqMZ4Nt.png

you reckon you do something like this.....

results here

basil 👍

This is where the internet is wrong as in reality 

ballet dancing GIF

I can live with it 😁👍😊😊

Rich would love your version only instead he has his own Bouncy Castle 🤗🤣🤣🤣 .

@Veum

WTF Docile idiot ships Guzoline😱😱😱😱 now if you had been getting a set of 

mad max GIF

Steels then yhea I get it adds EEERRRR authenticity 

😱😱😱😱

Thing is they are safe and sound 💋💋.

The smell should air off in time . However for a good long while I would not fully enclose them in a protector yet ❤❤

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Veum said:

UPDATE my friends,

BTW, donations welcome, just send to Veum! 🤣

“Ooooh that smell, the smell that surrounds you” 🎸

The smell is lessening on both slip-covers! 🙏

basketball wives smell GIF by VH1

• Haha 1