IGNORED

Dies und Das (2021)

extantsrevenge

1 minute ago, Veum said:

It’s called goggle translate my friend and I have to use it in every room to understand them, so they can do the same 😑 

Perhaps, but I think when you're wanting to understand or type out rather long and complex sentences in another language, online interpreters such as DeepL or Google translate sometimes don't account for the finer nuances that come with using certain words/phrases and the connotations they have in different cultures.   

Sometimes what the translator gives you might not sound like the way people naturally converse in day to day life even though the literal translation may be correct from a technical point of view.

Because of this, some people may not be comfortable using a translator in fear of perhaps saying the wrong thing or offending someone.

This is why I try to keep most of my own sentences rather short and simple when wanting to converse in German and/or French. xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 107.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Perhaps, but I think when you're wanting to understand or type out rather long and complex sentences in another language, online interpreters such as DeepL or Google translate sometimes don't account for the finer nuances that come with using certain words/phrases and the connotations they have in different cultures.   

Sometimes what the translator gives you might not sound like the way people naturally converse in day to day life even though the literal translation may be correct from a technical point of view.

Because of this, some people may not be comfortable using a translator in fear of perhaps saying the wrong thing or offending someone.

This is why I try to keep most of my own sentences rather short and simple when wanting to converse in German and/or French. xD

Don’t be...

scared the simpsons GIF

I can only put down the words that I want to convey, I can’t help if goggle/Deepl. can’t...

jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

• Haha 3

Moin Allerseits, schönen Freitag wünsche ich. 

Spoiler
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Fortis93:

Thats the reason why i like it here in this forum. Since i got here 2 1/2 Years ago my english skills increased immediately. You have to engage yourself and put the fear of doing a mistake aside. I don’t need translators like deepl or google not more that much like in the beginning, but i think deepl is a little better. It works counterwise better than google 😉.

This text for instance i wrote without checking one time at deepl. Hope everything is right 🤔🤣🤣🤣...

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BobaFett1974 said:

Thats the reason why i like it here in this forum. Since i got here 2 1/2 Years ago my english skills increased immediately. You have to engage yourself and put the fear of doing a mistake aside. I don’t need translators like deepl or google not more that much like in the beginning, but i think deepl is a little better. It works counterwise better than google 😉.

This text for instance i wrote without checking one time at deepl. Hope everything is right 🤔🤣🤣🤣...

For what it's worth, I think a lot of people here and in the French rooms have a pretty good command of the English language, better than a lot of people I know with whom English is their first (and sometimes only) language. 

It just makes us look bad when we don't have as firm a grasp on other languages such as German or French. xD

Edited by Fortis93
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3