IGNORED

Heyo!

Hi! I'm MirroredReality!

I'm relatively new to the whole physical media collecting scene. I've had a tiny collection for a while but it's begun to ramp up this year, starting with Criterion's release of The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I just had to have it, it's one of my favorite films.

During Criterion's 50% off sale this past July, I got started on a real collection with:

3 films I've seen and loved

• Portrait of a Lady on Fire
  • Marriage Story
  • Tokyo Story

And 6 I hadn't seen but really wanted to

• Solaris
  • For All Mankind
  • The Princess Bride
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • In The Mood For Love
  • A Brighter Summer Day

Since then, I've watched In The Mood For Love and Moonrise Kingdom, the latter of which was great and the former of which absolutely blew me away.

On the Criterion subreddit, I caught wind of the Steelbook subreddit. Steelbooks have always been in my periphery (my family has a couple Star Wars steels and some others I'm forgetting) but only once did I ever buy one myself, for the video game Thomas Was Alone. Love that game, and it's soundtrack. Saw it in Gamestop one day and immediately bought it (well, not immediately, but that's a story for another day).

And it was either on the Steelbook subreddit or just googling around, I don't quite remember, that I happened upon this site! I was in search of a Her steelbook, another film I just absolutely adore. I had no idea about these communities when KimchiDVD released their edition way back when, but I've heard that MantaLab is gearing up for their own release, for which I'm super excited! Not wanting to miss out, I'm hoping to participate in the Group Buy for it when the time comes! Hopefully it isn't too hard on the wallet (though I'm probably going to get the one-click :P).

I've also since found out about the Titans of Cult steelbook for 2001: A Space Odyssey, the first film that confused the hell out of me in the best way possible. Sadly missed out on the Zavvi sale but I secured one through FNAC! Very excited for that to arrive in September.

I don't think I'll be getting a wall of Blu-Rays any time soon, but I'd love to get physical copies of all the films I love. Not standard releases, but special ones like Steelbooks and Criterions that give the films the beautiful physical manifestations that they deserve.

Honestly, even after reading the introduction about the Group Buys, I'm still a little confused about the whole thing. I'm sure it'll clear up with time though!

Happy to be here!

just singin', iiiiiiin the raaaaaaiiiin

• Like 3

Good Evening @MirroredReality, and welcome to Media Psychos😀

I think you have chosen wisely joining our group of like minded souls that have a love and passion for not just films but the extraordinary packaging that many of them so richly deserve.

Like any community web-site, things will be a bit overwhelming for a while but I trust you will catch on to the ins and outs in short order.

A few points of interest I'll address now;

-to get someones attention, either to query an issue, chat or discuss issues with, use the " @ " key then type in their name. A list of similar spellings will arise and just select the one you want.

It should appear in your post like you see your name above.

- So for example, @  plus Grendel = @Grendel  🙂

- next, to get a clear view of what is going on in discussions, select the "activity" button along the Title Bar above. That thread auto-updates with all site discussions so you can then click on one you want to join.

- I think a few folk will be along soon to provide other pointers.

All the Admin Staff names, are listed at bottom RH corner of every page. Select one and mssg them if you have a pressing issue.

Everyone is quite friendly here I'd suggest, so do not be afraid to ask a LOT of questions.

WE were all new at one time, we understand. 🙂

Welcome Aboard!

• Like 2

🥤Howdy @MirroredRealityI’m so glad you found us here at MP, a warm Welcome my friend!😊🤠😇😷😊

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

I also buy Criterion’s when they have those 50% sales, yeah 🙌

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP and the Ol’ American guy 😆 (Ol’ Veum is me) because I do enjoy communicating with all the peeps!😊

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁