IGNORED

Greetings from Houston Texas

uBad

Hello all! 

My name is Ryan, I'm 24 on June 22 and an absolute junkie when it comes to a good steelbook.. I don't know why but they just get me going lol. I've been collecting for about a year now ever since I started working at BestBuy and saw the constant selection of new steelbooks and collector sets. I have around 227 movies, 198 of them being steelbooks and numbered boxsets all of which are unopened. I got lucky and worked in a warehouse which had super old steelbooks and old box sets.. Literally burnt a hole right through me.. But yeah I recently stumbled upon a blufans exclusive and it definitely caught my eye and sparked my inner heart for steelbooks again. So with a little bit of research here I am, and definitely already in a few groupbuys. :) 

I am super sad that I missed out on a lot of the ones that just passed but I shall keep looking for them on eBay and the sell page here!!

But yeah, I look forward to expanding my collection and hopefully making some friends along the way! Thanks for reading, and wish you all the best! 

-Ryan 

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Hey Ryan, 

At 23, that should put you as one of our youngest members and I am always glad to see collectors at this age :)

I started at an age much later than you are and buying old catalogues can be quite expensive! Haha.

I see you've found your way into quite a number of groupbuys already! Please approach any one of the staffs when you're in doubt. Our Guardians @Veum @romerolandand @R1s1ngs0n are also here to help so that you fully understand the system. 

Hope you've read the rules too :)

Welcome to our family!!

KS

• Like 1

coffee.gif Hey Ryan,

Yeah, they did not even have steelbooks when I was your age! :P

You have a great jump start with all those steels and let me tell you, collecting these Premium exclusives is so fun and they are gorgeous to boot!

Like KS said we are all here to help you have a fun time with some awesome peeps... tag any of us and we will be glad to try to help or lead you to those that can help you out.

Welcome to our Media Psychos family!! 

Veum bullwhip.gif

@ksosk - wow, that's crazy! Can't wait until I learn a few things from everyone then! Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

@Veum - I can't even believe it lol I think the oldest I have in my collection is a Speed Racer limited edition dvd. It has like a 3D tire print design on the front with him in the middle. It's pretty cool so I can only imagine what all that stuff looked like. And much appreciated, will reach out if I need anything! 😁

@airwins - Thank you for the welcome and appreciate the help via PM. Looks and feels like a great community already so I look forward to the future with everyone here.

uBad  

• Thanks 1

Awards

Hello @extantsrevenge and thank you for the welcome. It really is :)

I definitely did, paying upwards of around 110% markup price for some of these limited sets are getting annoying from sellers. I just paid 350 for the Gotg vol 1 nova box set. :/

But yes, I can’t wait until memb tiers come out and hopefully I can acquire at least the silver. 

Thank you again, and I know I will. I hope I can become a great member and add to the site someday!

-Ryan

• Like 2

Awards

coffee.gif@Veum  Hello again!

I have come to realize this! 🤣 

And for sure! So currently I am hand writing everything down. Have been for around 6 months now.. I know it's obsolete.. the more and more stuff I'm buying I realize that it's just more of a hassle so I will definitely get a spreadsheet going as I should have done a long time ago!

Most definitely, I plan on exploring the site further since I am pretty good on gb at the moment. :)

Have a fantastic day!! 😁 

Ryan 

• Like 2

Awards