IGNORED

The Joker

Scary Hair

22 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I will be honest, I don't have the biggest hope for this, but maybe this way I will be surprised and like it 😊

I WAS doubtful very douptful .

After seeing You Where Never Really Here I think we could be in for a treat . His performance as Joe was full of quiet yet dark emotion . Then when he reacted it was from no where and shall I say brutally effective 😳😱😱

Heath Ledger WAS IMMENSE as Nolans The Joker . To the point where I thought that no one would ever be fit to lick his boots .

Yet I find myself intreeged by What the Hell Phoenix will do in this iconic role .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, Scary Hair said:

I WAS doubtful very douptful .

After seeing You Where Never Really Here I think we could be in for a treat . His performance as Joe was full of quiet yet dark emotion . Then when he reacted it was from no where and shall I say brutally effective 😳😱😱

Heath Ledger WAS IMMENSE as Nolans The Joker . To the point where I thought that no one would ever be fit to lick his boots .

Yet I find myself intreeged by What the Hell Phoenix will do in this iconic role .

@Scary Hair, @extantsrevenge Joaquin Phoenix is arguably the greatest talent of his generation and I have little doubt that he will delight us with his performance. Based on the trailer his Joker will be a much more fleshed out character than Ledger’s (whether this is good or bad, depends on our own perception of what this character is about, personally I don’t mind him having a background story explaining his descent into madness).

Now you may call it blasphemy but I actually expect this movie to be an all around better (and very different) film than TDK.

While Ledger’s performance is indeed worthy of every praise it got and the themes explored are interesting, I find TDK to be a very uneven affair after rewatching it s couple of times.

Oh, and Batman Returns is what I consider to be not just the greatest Batman movie, but the greatest comic book film of all time - for me, it’s got it all.

Cheers

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw Joker last night. I was engrossed the whole way through. The realism and how easily society can get thrown into chaos was very chilling. Score and pacing were perfect. 

Joaquin Phoenix was phenomenal. Worthy successor to Heath Ledger, albeit slightly different take to it. Entire movie can be led to different interpretations. 

Who has seen it? Thoughts?

edit: realized theres a movie review thread. Will post there.

Edited by HappyDude007
  • Like 2

Awards