IGNORED

Kimchidvd Loving Vincent (The Blu Collection / Kimchidvd Exclusive #72) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

MP GROUP BUY HERE

MP GROUP BUY QUARTER SLIP HERE

Loving Vincent (The Blu Collection / Kimchidvd Exclusive #72) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

Release Date:   Pre-Order October 2018

Price: Full Slip A1 & A2 $37.99 / Lenticular $38.99 / One Click $114 / Quarter Slip $32.99

Editions/Limitation:  End of November 

Info: One-click to include a title-printed carton box. Kimchidvd numbering stickers confirmed.

Loving-Vincent-steelbook-2-768x1643.jpgLoving-Vincent-steelbook-3-768x1630.jpgLoving-Vincent-steelbook-4-768x1631.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
10 minutes ago, RcKt0pus said:

:wow:@ksosk this looks to be a really  beautiful release (and fittingly)!! Hoping that transition lenti works out as sthg incorporating even partial elements of that gif effect would look pretty incredible!!! 

I will likely follow you and go for the lenti, but I have a feeling the blue fullslip will be very good..

hard choices

• Like 1

Very true @ksosk - the blue slip is really, really, REALLY nice! (it has me thinking that since his jacket is blue on the back side of the lenti version, a transition lenti might be able to work using that; either INside his jacket w/ starry swirls; or perhaps having the entire background be/start from blue and have the transition be his head and lighter background appearing from within the blue; so the blue appears to  "fall away", revealing his back silhouette as it currently appears... like a negative space kind of thing). That would probably be a bit difficult to say the least... but very, very interesting!  Regardless, all the versions promise to be "stellar" for this release!! Looking forward to it!

Edited by RcKt0pus
Edits
  • Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

It is a shame really when I see how much effort retailers normally put into titles that are less popular or fall below the radar, like I, Tonya, but don't get the love from collectors.

This will be, to me, like Handmaiden which I probably won't multi watch but feel very happy to have in my collection =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Allow me to share some behind-the-scenes!

Tony (Kimchidvd) had this vision for a lenticular with a transition showing the man turning around. It proved to be a challenging concept and Tony, together with the Blu Collection team, tested for quite some time. Fortunately, they did not give up and succeeded in producing this final lenti!

@larson1977 I will convey to them that you placed this lenti as the best of 2018 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Allow me to share some behind-the-scenes!

Tony (Kimchidvd) had this vision for a lenticular with a transition showing the man turning around. It proved to be a challenging concept and Tony, together with the Blu Collection team, tested for quite some time. Fortunately, they did not give up and succeeded in producing this final lenti!

@larson1977 I will convey to them that you placed this lenti as the best of 2018 😃

It's now my favorite Lenti just behind of their other classic lenticular: Memento :)

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, ksosk said:

Hey Psychos,

I didn't have any confirmation on the fullslip effect yet, but the gif below is the inspiration for the lenticular!

Kimchidvd and The Blu Collection are working hard to incorporate the transitions into their lenticular ?

45546441271_c5cee1da7d_o.gif

:wow:  @ksosk and @extantsrevenge, just opened this yesterday; and... the final Lenticular effect Blu/Kimchi achieved on this is not only stunning (understatement); but just "Magical":

Truly a sight to behold; just UNBELIEVABLE!!!  I especially LOVE how you get the full transition through all levels when tilting up/down. There are seemingly so many levels to this and they work so seamlessly, it's truly incredible.  Cannot say enough about it - please throw heaps and heaps and HEAPS of PRAISE to the design team for this incredible transition Lenticular!!!

This has to be one of the best transitional lenticular designs I've ever seen, like EVER!!!  (Please nominate this for every appropriate award!)  

So.... on that note:

Can we get whoever did this to design a Transitional Lenticular Slip for the hopefully inevitable 3D Blu release of "Into the Spider-Verse" ? !!!

(there was some incredible, ground-breaking and visually arresting animation which would provide fertile ground for the design team responsible for the above!)

InexperiencedSnivelingHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif.334597dc840bbab676c423a05ee1ae6b.gif

• Like 1

Awards

6 minutes ago, ksosk said:

I did not 1f62d.png

I was attracted by the blue fullslip.

Yes, it was a very, very tough choice (though, the blue probably looks great too (above pix look very nice))!  In this case, am glad my default is Lenti (love those things!).

Re: the other:  I know Kimchi/Blu usually works on mainly independent/art-house premium releases, but is there any shot they could get a chance to do a limited "Spider-Verse" release?

I don't know if you have seen it, but the art/animation in it is pretty incredible; many, many references to classic pop art and comic strip design (Lichtenstein, etc.) in it. Speaking as a designer, pretty sure any design team would be excited to work on something incorporating those elements in transitional, lenticular form (hopefully, Tony at Kimchi has seen it!).

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, RcKt0pus said:

Yes, it was a very, very tough choice (though, the blue probably looks great too (above pix look very nice))!  In this case, am glad my default is Lenti (love those things!).

Re: the other:  I know Kimchi/Blu usually works on mainly independent/art-house premium releases, but is there any shot they could get a chance to do a limited "Spider-Verse" release?

I don't know if you have seen it, but the art/animation in it is pretty incredible; many, many references to classic pop art and comic strip design (Lichtenstein, etc.) in it. Speaking as a designer, pretty sure any design team would be excited to work on something incorporating those elements in transitional, lenticular form (hopefully, Tony at Kimchi has seen it!).

I have watched Spider-verse three times, haha!

Love it so much 😃

I can feedback your suggestion but one can only keep his fingers crossed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ksosk said:

I have watched Spider-verse three times, haha!

Love it so much 1f603.png

I can feedback your suggestion but one can only keep his fingers crossed!

Did you see it in 3D? (I wasn't able to; and very, very, VERY bummed about that)

Hopefully, SOMEONE does a premium release w/3D !!

Edited by RcKt0pus
spelling+adds

Awards