IGNORED

Hello!

ethnosax

Hi everyone! I've followed a couple of the other sties for a while, and recently discovered this one in my search for the HDzeta Blade Runner 2049 double-lenti. I've already been impressed by the friendliness around here--thank you for all the welcomes! :) A little about me:

• I'm a professor, ethnomusicologist, editor, writer, musician, avid reader, film lover.
  • Like most of you, I'm a big Star Wars fan. Like half of you, I was disappointed by The Last Jedi. Like most of you, I'll still probably buy the Blufans edition.
  • I enjoy nice steelbooks for recent movies, but what I like even more is steelbooks for older classics. It's always a wonderful surprise when someone releases a steelbook for something more than 30 years old.
  • 5 favorite movies (this could of course be a totally different 5 on another day): Lost in Translation; Wings of Desire; Arrival; Sherlock Jr.; Emperor's New Groove
  • 5 favorite books: Silence; Watership Down; King Lear; The Neverending Story; Crime and Punishment
  • Most recent movie seen: Isle of Dogs. (Loved it!)

I'm always happy to chat about any of that. Looking forward to getting to know my way around here, and getting acquainted with more of you. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

thanks for the great intro @ethnosax

4 hours ago, ethnosax said:

Like most of you, I'm a big Star Wars fan. Like half of you, I was disappointed by The Last Jedi. Like most of you, I'll still probably buy the Blufans edition.

Exactly how I feel, ?

I also would love if they release some older movies in steelbook, we don't really need 5 different Steelbooks of every new movie. But one for movies that don't have one yet would be cool.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and find some cool stuff for your collection through our GBs ?

@Grendel -- Yes, ethnomusicology is definitely a thing. :) In fact, a thing that took me from the US to the other side of the world for 12 years, researching music and arts on a Pacific island. And hey--are you calling me or my films old? ;)

@ksosk -- Isle of Dogs is exquisite. If you're familiar with Wes Anderson, then you kind of know what you're in for. If not, then it's a really fun introduction to his style.

@extantsrevenge -- I'm reading the novelization of The Last Jedi right now, and it's actually quite good! It doesn't make me love movie any more, but it helps me appreciate the story itself. The book includes lots of extra little moments that make the story make more sense. If you want to like the story more than you do, I recommend the book. (and I don't often feel that Star Wars books rise much above "mediocre.")

Archived