IGNORED

Oppenheimer (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

• 1 month later...

Looking at the reviews Best Buy really frustrated everyone with this release.  One of the biggest movies of the year and steelbook sells out in few hours on preorder and pops in stock for less than a minute on the day of release.

I think like Prey this will probably get restocked in next few weeks, but that's just a guess and I have been wrong before.  For now scalpers are eating it up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Looking at the reviews Best Buy really frustrated everyone with this release.  One of the biggest movies of the year and steelbook sells out in few hours on preorder and pops in stock for less than a minute on the day of release.

I think like Prey this will probably get restocked in next few weeks, but that's just a guess and I have been wrong before.  For now scalpers are eating it up.

I'm willing to wait, as I'm not paying scalper prices. Besides I have the Amazon UK Steelbook on the way, so I'm good for now! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

was listening to a podcast last night and apparently the studio didn't put out enough disc but will put out more due to the demand. no clarification on if that means more steelbooks but yeah I was pissed when I missed out on this. even some of the best buy employees I chat with when I go to my local spot were saying best buy really needs to put a limit on how many one could buy because they are selling for $100 plus on ebay now.

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

was listening to a podcast last night and apparently the studio didn't put out enough disc but will put out more due to the demand. no clarification on if that means more steelbooks but yeah I was pissed when I missed out on this. even some of the best buy employees I chat with when I go to my local spot were saying best buy really needs to put a limit on how many one could buy because they are selling for $100 plus on ebay now.

Let’s hope that means a steelbook reprint.

• Like 3

Awards

9 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Even the standard release was out of stock for awhile. But I managed to order one Saturday afternoon from Best Buy. And now it's sold out again.

• Like 4

I was reading through the reviews on best buy and many people received damaged steelbooks due to them shipping in those thin padded envelops you know the ones amazon likes to use. of course with it being sold out the option for an exchange is shot at the moment but yeah I'd like to order one and just go in and pick it up if they become available again. 

• Like 3

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Oppenheimer (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]