Open Club  ·  64 members  ·  Free

"Shaken, Not Stirred"
IGNORED

Post the first Bond movie you watched

Sidewinder

What was the first ever Bond movie that you watched? Were you hooked after the first one or did you become a fan over time having watched more of the films?

For me I can clearly remember the first Bond movie I watched as a child was For Your Eyes Only (not sure if it was on TV or on VHS). It therefore holds a special place in my heart as it's the one that got me instantly hooked on the franchise.

• Like 2

Awards

45 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

What was the first ever Bond movie that you watched? Were you hooked after the first one or did you become a fan over time having watched more of the films?

For me I can clearly remember the first Bond movie I watched as a child was For Your Eyes Only (not sure if it was on TV or on VHS). It therefore holds a special place in my heart as it's the one that got me instantly hooked on the franchise.

To be honest I have no idea which one was the first.  I remember collecting all the Bond special edition dvds.  They were all out of print at the time, and I probably spent over $500 on the 20 collection set, as all of the stores jacked up the prices (Best Buy, Circuit City, and Borders mostly).  Still it was super fun collecting them all and trying to find the most rare ones.  The two that stuck with me the most were Goldfinger and Goldeneye.  Each had so many exciting characters, action scenes, and gadgets.  After watching these two I was hooked.

• Like 2

It would've been The Spy Who Loved Me, closely followed by GoldenEye when I was about 7 years old.

And then when Die Another Day was coming out, they were airing all the Bond movies on TV (two on Friday, two on Saturday, I think).

It made a very big impression on me.

Bond, the villains, the henchmen, the locations, the gadgets, the great sense of adventure/escapism.

• Like 3

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy