R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Is this… Licence to Kill ?

It is indeed. Senior Sanchez about to get immolated by Bond's special 'Leiter'.

61Eu1B3.jpg

LTK is a top 10 Bond film for me. It's actually the best Bond film since the eighties. Dalton is in great form and Robert Davi's Sanchez is a fantastic villain. 

It was uncharacteristically violent for a Bond film but it was still unmistakably a Bond movie, a sentiment that I do not share towards the Craig movies, with the excpetion of his two latest entries.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

If it is Licence to Kill, not sure I would have gotten that one.  Best of the Dalton movies.  Great villain, great story, and gritty Bond.  Probably the most graphic violence of all the Bond movies.License To Kill Camera GIF by James Bond 007

I like Daniel Craig, but for people to think his Bond films started the whole "gritty" and "serious" thing...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I like Daniel Craig, but for people to think his Bond films started the whole "gritty" and "serious" thing...

My basic argument is that is you have a strong villain, then you have at least a decent Bond film... and LTK's major strength is its villains. Del Toro's classic delivery of "we gave her a nice honeymooooon" is a prime example of humor and pure nastiness perfectly meshed together.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

My basic argument is that is you have a strong villain, then you have at least a decent Bond film... and LTK's major strength is its villains. Del Toro's classic delivery of "we gave her a nice honeymooooon" is a prime example of humor and pure nastiness perfectly meshed together.

I agree.

And maybe at least one standout set piece, of which License to Kill has a few.

With my favourite being the climactic tanker chase.

Practical effects and awesome stunt work in all their beauty.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I still sort of struggle to see Dalton as Bond, but his films were well done. Ahead of their time really. Next up:

6D2B1BDE-7D40-47E0-96FB-D95A210440C0.jpeg

Very nice entry.  Hmm trying to think of all the Bond movies with scuba divers.  This is when it is confusing on what scene is in which movie.  I can tell you what movies it is not from.  😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

My Lotus entry may have been too easy, so I tried to increase the difficulty a little bit. 

@R1s1ngs0n Good guess, guess again! 

No clue.  Thunderball?  Thought @R1s1ngs0n had it with For Your Eyes Only.  I really need a bigger screen.  Although not an excuse as still wouldn't get this one.

2 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Bingo! Nice job @Boilersteel

Ok I admit that one was a little sneaky since it's non-Eon @R1s1ngs0n 😆

That's hillarous, I have seen the movie twice and totally guessed.  I do remember they scuba dove in it.  Remake of Thunderball and was so much worse than Thunderball.  Such a strange decision for Sean Connery to sign on to that, but I am sure he was paid well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Yeah, I tried rewatching Never Say Never Again a few months ago and I was overall just really... bored? I didn't think it was a very engaging movie, definitely pales in comparison to Thunderball. 

Probably not until tonight or latest by tomorrow for the next round pic, but will try to find a good one.  Will be tough to follow that @hansreinhardt entry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

That's hillarous, I have seen the movie twice and totally guessed.  I do remember they scuba dove in it.  Remake of Thunderball and was so much worse than Thunderball.  Such a strange decision for Sean Connery to sign on to that, but I am sure he was paid well.

Haven't seen it in ages and while it's certainly no Thunderball, there is a lot to enjoy in this one. For one, Connery and Brandauer have terrific chemistry and are clearly enjoying themselves.

I know Famke Janssen gets a lot of praise for her performance as Xenia in Goldeneye, but she clearly drew insipartion from Barbara Carrera's wonderful and campy turn as Fatima Blush.

I take Fatima over Xenia any day of the week.

• Like 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy