IGNORED

Tropic Thunder (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) (Kino Lorber) [USA]

RAK

I like kino but I'm not a fan of how they do business. They make there slips limited when it would be so easy to make enough for everyone I also hate how people value products from this company based on a cardboard slip there is a slip for the good the bad and the ugly on ebay going for over 700 dollars. People just buy them then flip them for crazy profit over the simplest things like a limited sticker or poster and it just makes people mad at the company for not making enough. I can understand big boxsets like second sight or arrow being limited even though they always make enough most of the time but limiting a simple slip is just dumb I just hope criterion never does anything like this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awards

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I like kino but I'm not a fan of how they do business. They make there slips limited when it would be so easy to make enough for everyone I also hate how people value products from this company based on a cardboard slip there is a slip for the good the bad and the ugly on ebay going for over 700 dollars. People just buy them then flip them for crazy profit over the simplest things like a limited sticker or poster and it just makes people mad at the company for not making enough. I can understand big boxsets like second sight or arrow being limited even though they always make enough most of the time but limiting a simple slip is just dumb I just hope criterion never does anything like this.

Well it’s no different then Scream Factory, or Arrow. They make so much, then release regular versions W/O slips. The slips are nice, and I collect them when I can. But that’s not the end all be all for me when I want to buy a title. It’s also no different when you buy a movie from the big box stores, they only make so many slips, then they are gone. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RAK said:

Well it’s no different then Scream Factory, or Arrow. They make so much, then release regular versions W/O slips. The slips are nice, and I collect them when I can. But that’s not the end all be all for me when I want to buy a title. It’s also no different when you buy a movie from the big box stores, they only make so many slips, then they are gone. 

Yea but ones in stores dont usually go for 700 when they run out, but yea scream factory does the same thing. Arrow doesnt typically run out as fast but we have to many labels trying to do limited stuff and I just wish we had a couple more that did it like criterion or eureka, though eureka has had some  limited editions as well.

• Like 1

Awards

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Yea but ones in stores dont usually go for 700 when they run out, but yea scream factory does the same thing. Arrow doesnt typically run out as fast but we have to many labels trying to do limited stuff and I just wish we had a couple more that did it like criterion or eureka, though eureka has had some  limited editions as well.

I’m not condoning the price, and hope there isn’t someone out there that’s stupid enough to buy it.

• Like 2

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Tropic Thunder (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) [USA]
  • ShadowWarrior changed the title to Tropic Thunder (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) (Kino Lorber) [USA]

TROPIC THUNDER (2008)

Disc One: Theatrical Cut (4KUHD)
• HDR/Dolby Vision Remastered by Paramount Pictures, Supervised and Approved by Director Ben Stiller
• Audio Commentary by Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr.
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Disc Two: Director’s Cut (Blu-ray)
• Remastered in 4K by Paramount Pictures, Supervised and Approved by Director Ben Stiller
• Audio Commentary by Ben Stiller, Co-Producer Stuart Cornfeld, Production Designer Jeff Mann, Co-Writer Justin Theroux, Cinematographer John Toll and Editor Greg Hayden
• BEFORE THE THUNDER: Featurette
• THE HOT LZ: Featurette
• BLOWING stop using inappropriate language UP: Featurette
• DESIGNING THE THUNDER: Featurette
• THE CAST OF TROPIC THUNDER: Interviews with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Brandon T. Jackson, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride and Nick Nolte
• Make-Up Test with Tom Cruise with Intro by Ben Stiller and Editor Greg Hayden
• Deleted/Extended Scenes & Alternate Ending with Intro & Optional Audio Commentaries by Ben Stiller & Editor Greg Hayden
• FULL MAGS: Improv Footage Featurette with Intro by Ben Stiller & Editor Greg Hayden
• MTV MOVIE AWARDS – TROPIC THUNDER
• Rain of Madness: Documentary (30:00)
• Rain of Madness: Trailer (2:41)
• Two Theatrical Trailers
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 107 | 121 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R | UNRATED
Ben Stiller is action juggernaut Tugg Speedman. Jack Black is comedy legend Jeff Portnoy. Robert Downey Jr. is acclaimed method actor Kirk Lazarus. When these huge Hollywood stars head into the jungles of Vietnam to shoot a war movie, they have no idea how real things can get. With biting satire, plenty of subversive humor and an unforgettable, Oscar-nominated turn by Robert Downey Jr., co-writer/director/all-around-genius Ben Stiller’s Tropic Thunder is the outrageous action-comedy classic that’ll “blow your mind” (Rolling Stone). The insane cast also features Steve Coogan, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Brandon T. Jackson, Bill Hader, Nick Nolte, Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise as volcanic studio executive Les Grossman. This 2-disc special-edition includes both the theatrical cut and the director’s cut.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...