IGNORED

The Batman (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

Best Buy needs to stop putting their stickers on dark steelbooks.  Matrix resurrections, Friday the 13th, and now The Batman all have sticker marks on the steelbook (discolored areas where the sticker was located while sealed).  The Batman one looks the worst.  Gone from never barely noticing it to not being able to miss the mark.  

I guess it won't bother the sealed collectors. 🤨

20220523_165756.jpg

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Best Buy needs to stop putting their stickers on dark steelbooks.  Matrix resurrections, Friday the 13th, and now The Batman all have sticker marks on the steelbook (discolored areas where the sticker was located while sealed).  The Batman one looks the worst.  Gone from never barely noticing it to not being able to miss the mark.  

20220523_165756.jpg

Cripes, man, that’s physically painful to see. Sorry, dude. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

20220523_165756.jpg

It’s been a long while since I got a Best Buy steelbook but I thought common sense dictated that stickers should be put on the shrink wrap rather than the steel itself.

Truly baffling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Cripes, man, that’s physically painful to see. Sorry, dude. 

Thanks.  It really looks like all of the pics posted of this Best Buy release show the same mark.  Hopefully, some do not have the mark, but I am assuming most will. 

These sticker marks just add to all the other issues Best Buy steelbooks have had.  It is sad that Best Buy steelbooks always come with some kind of flaw, because the prices, designs, and usually the finish of the steelbooks are usually great. 😔 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Thanks.  It really looks like all of the pics posted of this Best Buy release show the same mark.  Hopefully, some do not have the mark, but I am assuming most will. 

These sticker marks just add to all the other issues Best Buy steelbooks have had.  It is sad that Best Buy steelbooks always come with some kind of flaw, because the prices, designs, and usually the finish of the steelbooks are usually great. 😔 

I’ll inspect mine once it arrives. Apparently it’s currently recovering in Ohio after getting a statewide tour of New York… I’m just hoping it doesn’t show up completely wrecked.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

It’s been a long while since I got a Best Buy steelbook but I thought common sense dictated that stickers should be put on the shrink wrap rather than the steel itself.

Truly baffling.

That's the thing.  The stickers are not on the actual steelbook, they are on the the shrink wrap.  But even with that, for some reason the sticker is leaving a discoloration mark on all of the steelbooks.  Not sure if a machine is stamping it on or what, but the discoloration mark is very much an eyesore.  

Other than the Best Buy pet slipcover steelbooks (that so far have been protected from the sticker mark), I think I am done with purchasing from Best Buy.

16 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I’ll inspect mine once it arrives. Apparently it’s currently recovering in Ohio after getting a statewide tour of New York… I’m just hoping it doesn’t show up completely wrecked.

Good luck.  Mine also came from New York.  Started in Nichols New York and came in a box with an air pillow.  Hoping your's arrives safe and without the dreaded sticker mark. 

Would like to see at least one without that mark as that would give some hope.

• Like 1

My copy arrived safe and sound, in a box with air bubblers! And it has the same damn sticker mark as @Boilersteel…  On the bright side, mine is at least difficult to see straight-on; I’ve got to angle it and catch the right light, but it’s there. Oh well, guess I’m just gonna have to go for that Manta! 😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

My copy arrived safe and sound, in a box with air bubblers! And it has the same damn sticker mark as @Boilersteel…  On the bright side, mine is at least difficult to see straight-on; I’ve got to angle it and catch the right light, but it’s there. Oh well, guess I’m just gonna have to go for that Manta! 😂

Phew and duh, lol.  

• Haha 1

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to The Batman (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]