• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy here!

GB Info & Questions Topic here.

Labyrinth of Cinema [Crescendo House Spine #001] [WEA Bluray Steelbook] [USA] 

Release date:  October 2021

Retail price: USD 67.76

Print Run: 4000

Note:

See Ôbayashi's legendary final film early on this 2-disc SteelBook®, limited to only 4,000 copies prior to the official theatrical release (TBA). 

Special Features:

HD digital transfer, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Notes from the Labyrinth, a 60-minute documentary featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Ôbayashi and the cast during the making of the film.

Video Interview with wife and long-time producer Kyôko Ôbayashi, moderated by independent film programmer Aiko Masubuchi.

Short Video Introduction by Kyôko and daughter Chigumi Ôbayashi.

"Dreaming Together in a Cinematic Labyrinth," Exclusive Essay by award-winning author Eiko Ikegami.

Eight poems by Chuya Nakahara from the film, with new English translations.

US & Japanese Trailers.

Plastic o-card slipcover.

Exclusive New Cover Art by Jess Fang.

Labyrinth of Cinema - Crescendo House - Media Psychos - Release ThreadLabyrinth of Cinema - Crescendo House - Media Psychos - Release ThreadLabyrinth of Cinema - Crescendo House - Media Psychos - Release Thread

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
17 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I've heard of these guys before. Is this release out yet? I see it says release: october 2021. Ut I havent seen any. I'm curious as to what they look like in hand

I dont think it is released yet.

The screenings stretched till December so I think this can only come out after the theatre run.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Thanks, Hus for confirming that this is already released. 

Awaiting your unboxing 👍😊

I’ll be putting it in my video later today. If anyone is a fan of Obayashi Third Window is releasing a boxset of his anti-war movies which are superb. It’s great to see more movies of his on physical media

• Like 2

Awards

🎬
The story centers on a group of young people who travel back in time when they are in a movie theater just before closing time. They witness deaths during the closing days of Japan's feudal times and on the battlefront in China before they are sent to Hiroshima just before the Aug. 6, 1945, atomic bombing of the city.