IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

33 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

That sounds amazing!  I love David Lynch, yet I’ve only seen 2 of his movies in the theater.  What a great opportunity.

@hansreinhardt, one of my best friends lives in Chicago and we’ve been trying to find an excuse for me to visit with the kiddo and have fun as adults.  I just texted him and told him to keep an eye out for this festival this year, would be a perfect excuse.  Thank you for telling me.  

Found this story, granted it’s from years ago, but how cool would it be to see Krull in 70mm?  Along with obvious choices like Lawrence of Arabia (in the running for my favorite movie of all time):

https://www.rogerebert.com/features/70mm-film-festival-the-ultimate-edition-arrives-at-chicagos-music-box-theater

Cool! Fingers crossed some dates drop in the next couple of months for ya, I'm always keeping an eye out too.

I remember that lineup, I missed a bunch of films because my wife and I got married that year. Not a bad excuse in the end, haha. Hopefully Krull and Lawrence of Arabia return this year too, I would love to experience those in 70mm. 

• Like 4

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Folks w/ the bigger Arrow limited edition hardbox releases... Do you put these in slipcase protectors? How about Nova Media non-steelbook releases? Just curious, I'm trying to migrate all my stuff into plastic protectors, which I've been woefully behind on. Some of my earlier steels are painful to look at 😬

I try to when I can. Especially the older sets like the Hellraiser Scarlet Box.

17 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I use katana collectibles for my arrow stuff in addition to my other boxsets like the best buy steelbook sets. pretty good quality and doesn't break the bank. They make stuff for arrow criterion HDzeta Nova again the best buy steelbook sets etc. I'm waiting on a big shipment from them now to put some arrow stuff in as well as steelbooks and some stuff that came from zavviUS. 

https://katanacollectibles.com/

Thank you so much for this, I can finally get a protector for my Cinemuseum Goonies set.

Happy Thursday GIF by MOODMAN

8 Days Until SwornFest

30 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

45 Days Until Easter

93 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

113 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

149 Days Until Retro Expo

254 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

259 Days Until Halloween

287 Days Until Thanksgiving

314 Days Until Christmas

321 Days Until New Year

365 Days Until Valentine's Day!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I hope you get a chance to go one day! It's totally worth it, it's an incredible atmosphere for moviegoing. Twinkling stars on the ceiling, ornate columns, movie-themed cocktails, that sort of thing. If you need an excuse to visit Chicago and go, the 70mm Film Festival is usually held in the summer and always has a great lineup. Music Box owns their own 70mm print of 2001, for example, which is a real treat! (and it's not the incorrectly color-timed Nolan release, I might add). 

I think I'll at least get a ticket for Days of Heaven, and also Mission to Mars. 

11 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

That sounds amazing!  I love David Lynch, yet I’ve only seen 2 of his movies in the theater.  What a great opportunity.

@hansreinhardt, one of my best friends lives in Chicago and we’ve been trying to find an excuse for me to visit with the kiddo and have fun as adults.  I just texted him and told him to keep an eye out for this festival this year, would be a perfect excuse.  Thank you for telling me.  

Found this story, granted it’s from years ago, but how cool would it be to see Krull in 70mm?  Along with obvious choices like Lawrence of Arabia (in the running for my favorite movie of all time):

https://www.rogerebert.com/features/70mm-film-festival-the-ultimate-edition-arrives-at-chicagos-music-box-theater

@hansreinhardt @Heywoodmoutaw this sounds like it would be fun, the ‘Ol codgers have been pondering ideas on our next road trip 🛻 and I’ll bring this one up cause it sounds wonderful and thank you for the great recommendation my friends❣️

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Like 4

Good morning guys reporting live from the front lines of the office space where hostile entities and denizens from a dark place we call upper management roam around with an insatiable appetite to feast on the life force of any employee who dares make eye contact. I however have learned the art of

Work Office GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Happy Friday All, and hope all of you have an awesone 3-Day Weekend! I however, like @LeadFarmer, am a certified Office Jockey, so I will still be working on Monday. I cannot, however, hide from Upper Management, as my desk is right in front of the door that everyone comes in and goes out.

paper airplane rage GIF

7 Days Until SwornFest

29 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

44 Days Until Easter

92 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

112 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

148 Days Until Retro Expo

253 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

258 Days Until Halloween

286 Days Until Thanksgiving

313 Days Until Christmas

320 Days Until New Year

364 Days Until Valentine's Day!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Friday All, and hope all of you have an awesone 3-Day Weekend! I however, like @LeadFarmer, am a certified Office Jockey, so I will still be working on Monday. I cannot, however, hide from Upper Management, as my desk is right in front of the door that everyone comes in and goes out.

paper airplane rage GIF

7 Days Until SwornFest

29 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

44 Days Until Easter

92 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

112 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

148 Days Until Retro Expo

253 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

258 Days Until Halloween

286 Days Until Thanksgiving

313 Days Until Christmas

320 Days Until New Year

364 Days Until Valentine's Day!

Man I feel for you brother I used to have to sit in field of vision of the bosses office too. If it looked even for a moment you took your foot off the gas she would come out and prowl around. Then we got reorganized and I was lucky to get a seat close to the windows for some kind of contact to the outside world and a new very chill supervisor who stays in their office with the door closed. We eventually went remote work which has done wonders for work life balance but this week we had to be in the office to put on a show for the big wigs. Next week I should be back working mostly from home. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Working 7 days again, though I ended up only doing a few hours last Sunday and hope to do something similar this Sunday.  I usually take my son with me on Sundays and I have to slip out so I can take him to play Pokemon at a local hobby store.

man that's rough but I understand as there was a time for the 7 day grind. my hat is off to you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Veum said:

Fri Feb 16 ‘23 “Let it Snow, Let it Snow”…  My backyard today! 😳  ❄️ 

9AD759EB-C3AC-4B01-9DA2-2ECB0288E262.thumb.jpeg.d6e336afbaa60f1cba7dc5d82fd4255b.jpeg

I hope you’re the kind of person who enjoys it.  Sometimes I do, depends on how busy I am, if I need to be places or if I can take time to just enjoy it.

Was 63 and sunny here yesterday, 42 and rainy today.  Looked out my front door after I saw your post and now it’s snowing here.  Sleet as well, looks like.  

Don’t think we’re expecting much in the way of accumulation, though it’s supposed to snow some more in the middle of the night and the temperature is dropping to 28.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I hope you’re the kind of person who enjoys it.  Sometimes I do, depends on how busy I am, if I need to be places or if I can take time to just enjoy it.

Was 63 and sunny here yesterday, 42 and rainy today.  Looked out my front door after I saw your post and now it’s snowing here.  Sleet as well, looks like.  

Don’t think we’re expecting much in the way of accumulation, though it’s supposed to snow some more in the middle of the night and the temperature is dropping to 28.

Charlie Brown Snow GIF China Snow GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Veum said:

Fri Feb 16 ‘23 “Let it Snow, Let it Snow”…  My backyard today! 😳  ❄️ 

9AD759EB-C3AC-4B01-9DA2-2ECB0288E262.thumb.jpeg.d6e336afbaa60f1cba7dc5d82fd4255b.jpeg

Man that looks nice. The older I've gotten the more I'm moving towards becoming a permanent fixture in an area with warmer climate. I still however can appreciate the snow after first fall but perhaps due to me being in the city it gets a bit rough to deal with after the next couple of days just because of how things are handled here lol.

• Like 4