IGNORED

Movie Database Feature on Media Psychos

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

We have added a cool new Movie Database feature to the website some month ago and after some testing we have it now available for all members to use.

You can find the Movie section in our main menu on top of the site under More and then click on Movies.

Or you can click this link that brings you to the section.

movies1.PNG

This feature allows you to make enties of Movies and TV Series (if they are not yet listed). Adding a movie is very simply, you go to the genre category the movie would best fit and click on Submit a Record.

movies2.PNG

Then simply type the title and click on Add this Movie.

movies3.PNG

If we already have an entry you will not be able to add again.

Wait a short time until all the info has loaded and then click on Submit Movie

movies4.PNG

After that the new entry will be created.

movies5.PNG

If you're looking for info on a specific movie, or want to post a review or just comment on a movie you can use our search field to look in the movies section.

movies6.PNG

Each listing has extensive info on cast and crew of the movie and features trailers, posters and pictures. With this feature we no longer need to create random topics that are forgoten fast, but have a listing that is easy to find again and contains lots of info in one place.

We hope that you the members will take advantage of this feature and will also use it to post reviews or talk about the movies/series that interest you with other members.

Its Time Film GIF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks ! very good feature !

But for me as german person its harder to find if a title already exists because german and english title often are different. So I first have to search for english title or has this database a language option ?

Another question:

I'm already working on a steelbook database. Would it be posible to offer additional options/features in this database ?

If you search for "Hunt for Red October" you'll find the movie infos and as well the infos that there's a Steelbook from Zavvi. Just as an example...

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
19 hours ago, Basil said:

@extantsrevenge would it not be worth copying this thread into the Announcements section top of the board 😉

basil 👍

🤔 yeah, it is an announcement, so it would make sense, but I feel John already took care of that with the banner at the top of the site.

19 hours ago, raylight said:

Thanks ! very good feature !

But for me as german person its harder to find if a title already exists because german and english title often are different. So I first have to search for english title or has this database a language option ?

Another question:

I'm already working on a steelbook database. Would it be posible to offer additional options/features in this database ?

If you search for "Hunt for Red October" you'll find the movie infos and as well the infos that there's a Steelbook from Zavvi. Just as an example...

@raylight I just checked and if you go to submit a record and type in the German title it will also find the movies and then you can see if they still have the add button.

For example when I search a Japanese or Asian movie I type the english title and it will in most cases find the movie, then I add and change the titel to english (since they are created with the original title/writing).

As for the other question. my thought was that we would add such info in the comments, have links go to the releases topics, or create a post with all available releases.

I just checked as I remembered an extra Group Buy field, and it looks like you can create extra fields, I have to look into this when I have more time, as I can't find that Group Buy field on the releases at all 😅

• Like 1

Ok, if we can add the infos about Steelbook releases in a reply/post, I'm fine with it. Final question. Then it would be nice that this post is always no#1 like a "sticky" because noone will search for that info in e.g. page 3 if there are already several replys before I got the steelbook infos.

Edited by raylight
  • Like 2

I made a first try and took "Midway" as example:

https://mediapsychos.com/movies/movie/45-midway/

open points:

1. I cannot upload images. Just gifs or online links to an image. As I dont know if it is allowed to post direct links to other images like amazon or other movie databases, I skipped this point and did not include images. How can we handle this ? I would take photos of the titles I already have but this takes much more time and effort. How do we handle this point ?

2. what do you think about about layout and content of my post ? what is missing or can be optimized ?

• Like 2

@raylight the database comes in off another site and there for uploading images to it is impossible as you would be expanding there server.

plus if it was on our site server costs would severely increase for john, so the best you can do is image link in from somewhere. or have your own hosting service and link in that way, it will still work.

unfortunately i believe its one of the biggest costs to john with mp server.  

you can post links to other sites it does work to product, i dont see issue with it but i think the purpose is to try and link it in to mp gbs and such like im sure @extantsrevenge can give you his view

here below is an image directly off amazon, just use your browser right click and select copy image address this is on chrome for example

81IDLkrFz3L._AC_SY445_.jpg

came from page

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Midway-DVD-Woody-Harrelson/dp/B07ZVWJVDS

below is image in its plain form

basil 👍

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@raylight @CAYENNE-FAHRER I just saw that the comment field in the Movie section have now the same options as regular comments in the forum. With picture upload and stuff.

Also @Want3r88 is the first member to post a review.

I hope many more will do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4