IGNORED

Dies und Das (2021)

extantsrevenge

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

These are all very fair and good points.

And I'm not in any position judge either as I have a rather controversial opinion when it comes to the Halloween franchise.

My favourite of the series is actually Halloween III: Season of the Witch. xD

Not my favourite but among them. I liked Carpenters  idea of shooting films with a Halloween theme but not featuring MM.

Would have been interesting to have seen more pictures from that series.

• Like 5

• Replies 106.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fortis93:

I know. I know. 

That's probably the worse take you'll ever hear from me. 

If the 'Halloween' name wasn't attached to it, I think it'd be a lot more digestible. xD

I agree. Its a good movie. Its just that the title lead to certain expectations that the movie was bound to fall short on then.

• Like 4

Just now, Fortis93 said:

I know. I know. 

That's probably the worse take you'll ever hear from me. 

If the 'Halloween' name wasn't attached to it, I think it'd be a lot more digestible. xD

When I first saw it I just kept asking “How long before Micheal shows up?” The movie ended & I was like

giphy.gif

“He never showed up” 😂😂 I felt bamboozled! 🤣🤣 Finally years later thanks to Scream Factory’s release of all the films in one box set I revisited the movie with a more clear understanding, & in all honesty it was a more enjoyable experience.

I do agree that the movie probably would be looked at more favorably if not for it ties to Halloween. It can easily be watched on its own (as it should be) & enjoyed as just a stand alone Horror film.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I agree. Its a good movie. Its just that the title lead to certain expectations that the movie was bound to fall short on then.

It was honestly out of those movies where after I'd finished watching it, I immediately went on eBay to get the Shout! Factory steelbook, which is now one of my favourite steelbooks that I own.

• Like 4

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

I do like her character arc as you described “from victim, to survivor, to proactive”, but I liked the execution of it more in Halloween H2O.

The creators of the last movie deciding to take away the sibling aspect, & the supernatural aspect equaled some events not adding up completely, & that annoyed me.

Micheal is literally a senior citizen, but he is still pulling off these amazing feats that can only be explained by him being supernatural, but he isn’t supposed to be in this movie. 

From an entertaining standpoint it’s always fun seeing him be super strong, the disappearing, reappearing trick, etc, etc, it was just harder for me to accept this time around because this film was back to basics with all the lore being stripped away. 

This is why I found the Thorn/Cult idea quite compelling as shown in the Producer´s Cut of Curse of Michael Myers.

Would have been interesting to see how they´d have progressed with this angle.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I do agree that the movie probably would be looked at more favorably if not for it ties to Halloween. It can easily be watched on its own (as it should be) & enjoyed as just a stand alone Horror film.

I agree.

Though, oddly enough, in terms of the actual day/event itself, it's almost more of a Halloween film than any other entry in that it deals with the actual concept or origins/history of Halloween and firmly embeds it into the plot.

• Like 4

Gerade eben schrieb Ripper:

Leute hab ich gerade gelacht…😂 meine Tochter erzählt mir seit Tagen, sie will mal wieder „Fleisch“ spielen. Meine Frau und ich haben keine Ahnung was sie meint🙉

Eben hat es sich aufgeklärt. Sie meinte Schnitzeljagd😂

...Mark, Du alter Metaller! :D Du wirst doch wohl nicht zu oft Eisenvater gehört haben in deinem Media Room... 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hal56 said:

This is why I found the Thorn/Cult idea quite compelling as shown in the Producer Cut of Curse of Michael Myers.

Would have been interesting to see how they´d have progressed with this angle.

Producer Cut of Curse of Michael Myers was a favorite of mine for a while because I was very interested in the lore that was being added to the story. At the time I was hoping that the story could be further fleshed out, & I agree it would have been interesting to see how it all turned out.

4 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I agree.

Though, oddly enough, in terms of the actual day/event itself, it's almost more of a Halloween film than any other entry in that it deals with the actual concept or origins/history of Halloween and firmly embeds it into the plot.

You’re right it is on reflection which makes the public’s reaction to the movie that more tragic.

The concept Is one I think could be revisited for a remake if marketed better. Halloween could still be used in title for example “Once Upon A Time On Halloween” “Halloween Havoc” or something of that nature, but I don’t see that ever happening considering the films history.

• Like 3

vor 10 Minuten schrieb CAYENNE-FAHRER:

Frage

warum gibt es eigentlich mehr Männerfußall Manschaften als Frauenmanschaften?

Antwort

Finde mal 11 Frauen die das gleiche anziehen wollen

Wenns Blondinen sind, probiers mal mit diesem Trick:

sag Ihnen einfach, es ist zwar das gleiche aber sie haben garantiert nicht dasselbe an.

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

You’re right it is on reflection which makes the public’s reaction to the movie that more tragic.

The concept Is one I think could be revisited for a remake if marketed better. Halloween could still be used in title for example “Once Upon A Time On Halloween” “Halloween Havoc” or something of that nature, but I don’t see that ever happening considering the films history.

One of my favourite scenes in the movie. It's just one man talking, but it's so unsettling and oozes such a sinister atmosphere and sense of dread without any gore or jump scares. You forget you're watching what is essentially a low-budget horror/slasher.

Spoiler

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

One of my favourite scenes in the movie. It's just one man talking, but it's so unsettling and oozes such a sinister atmosphere and sense of dread without any gore or jump scares. You forget you're watching what is essentially a low-budget horror/slasher.

Hide contents

Oh yeah, Dan O’Herlihy’s performance is pretty damn creepy. The scene is a good example of the “less is more” approach to storytelling. That scene if redone today probably would be accompanied with an unneeded CGI flashback showing everything he is explaining.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Oh yeah, Dan O’Herlihy’s performance is pretty damn creepy. The scene is a good example of the “less is more” approach to storytelling. That scene if redone today probably would be accompanied with an unneeded CGI flashback showing everything he is explaining.

Couldn't agree more.

A great actor can make you 'see' the story without showing anything.

Very similar to Quint's 'U.S.S. Indianapolis' monologue in Jaws. It really exercises your imagination.

• Like 3