IGNORED

Avatar (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
1 minute ago, TechSpec924 said:

Has there been a premium edition released for this film already? Wondering if I should hold out for a better release. Suppose I could just pre-order and then cancel if something else is announced....ย 

there have been no premiums for this yet.ย 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'm guessing this will be my last Best Buy steelbook...ย 

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

Austin Pour One Out GIF by Pixel Bandits

ย 

Quite possibly! Although their announcement did say sometime early next year (end Q1, maybe?), so maybe there will be a few more exclusives we can land.

ย 

What I'mย reallyย hoping for is a huge blowout sale for their remaining physical media stock. Something similar to what they did when they liquidated all their Disney steels a few years back.

• Like 2

Just now, TechSpec924 said:

ย 

Quite possibly! Although their announcement did say sometime early next year (end Q1, maybe?), so maybe there will be a few more exclusives we can land.

ย 

What I'mย reallyย hoping for is a huge blowout sale for their remaining physical media stock. Something similar to what they did when they liquidated all their Disney steels a few years back.

Here's to hoping for some good deals! I'm surprised we haven't gotten any word on a steelbook for The Creator yet. I would've thought Best Buy would've carried it, but it seems like the announcements are getting slimmer of late. I guess we'll know for sure soon enough!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Here's to hoping for some good deals! I'm surprised we haven't gotten any word on a steelbook for The Creator yet. I would've thought Best Buy would've carried it, but it seems like the announcements are getting slimmer of late. I guess we'll know for sure soon enough!

ย 

There is a steelbook for The Creator, but I believe it's a French release only at the moment. Somebody was asking about this same topic over on Reddit or the FB steelbook group, and that person was saying nobody in the US took the option for a steelbook release. At least not yet, so one may still be coming. All the standard releases have been announced and I believe are already up for preorder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TechSpec924 said:

ย 

There is a steelbook for The Creator, but I believe it's a French release only at the moment. Somebody was asking about this same topic over on Reddit or the FB steelbook group, and that person was saying nobody in the US took the option for a steelbook release. At least not yet, so one may still be coming. All the standard releases have been announced and I believe are already up for preorder.

ย 

Yeah, I've got it on order; it's French and UK. I meant a US release, though. Poorly worded on my part! Thanks, man!

• Like 2

@ShadowWarriorpreorder is live for the steelbook, as well as the 4-disc digipack editions of this and Way of the Water. Can you please update with the affiliate links? (No preorders yet for Cameronโ€™s other films releasing in March just yetโ€ฆ sounds like weโ€™ll be waiting a little while yet for those.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

@ShadowWarriorpreorder is live for the steelbook, as well as the 4-disc digipack editions of this and Way of the Water. Can you please update with the affiliate links? (No preorders yet for Cameronโ€™s other films releasing in March just yetโ€ฆ sounds like weโ€™ll be waiting a little while yet for those.)

Added, thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
29 minutes ago, jwhitm3 said:

Does this one have the extended cut of the film?

Iโ€™ve heard conflicting things. For now I ordered the collectors edition since it has 4 discs with all 3 cuts of the film and the steelbook only has 3 discs, so some contents are left out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

ย 

Looks like. Here's the mock-up -- I've not seen any shots of the final product yet. Given how close the release date is, we should know soon enough.

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.2ee5eded615fc0128da2ab76b414da18.jpeg

ย 

There is an existing 1080p Blu-Ray Collector's Edition digipak for Avatar, and this just appears to be the same thing, but in 4K. I own that one, and I believe that also has 4 discs. The extended cuts were also included in that previous CE digipak, so if you wanted to order just the steelbook edition without double-dipping, you wouldn't be missing out on those extra cuts. So long as you already own the older edition. But it does appear that the Steelbook willย not be including the extended cuts, which is a real bummer.

• Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
9 hours ago, TechSpec924 said:

ย 

There is an existing 1080p Blu-Ray Collector's Edition digipak for Avatar, and this just appears to be the same thing, but in 4K. I own that one, and I believe that also has 4 discs. The extended cuts were also included in that previous CE digipak, so if you wanted to order just the steelbook edition without double-dipping, you wouldn't be missing out on those extra cuts. So long as you already own the older edition. But it does appear that the Steelbook willย not be including the extended cuts, which is a real bummer.

The new collectors edition appears to have some new special features though, if thatโ€™s important to some.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

The new collectors edition appears to have some new special features though, if thatโ€™s important to some.

ย 

Correct.

ย 

My comment was referring specifically just to the extra film cuts, which I believe are the same for both the prior edition and this new 4K.

ย 

Apologies for not being more clear!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.a330cd7f909b36cd869d089f3b849499.jpeg

ย 

From Bill Hunt's Facebook page:

Heads up, The Digital Bits readers: Iโ€™ve just confirmed with Disney that the Best Buy AVATAR 4K Steelbook is the PREVIOUS version of the title in 4K, NOT the new Collectorโ€™s Edition 4K release that streets on 12/19. So if you want the CE (with all three versions of the film) youโ€™ll have to purchase that separately. Just FYI.

ย 

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2