IGNORED

Picnic at Hanging Rock (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Second Sight) [UK]

ShadowWarrior

Release Date: TBA

Price: £59.99

Purchase Link: Second Sight DiabolikDVD

PicnicatHangingRock_ExplodedPackshotcopy_900x.png.fa1341665ca7a7759ca29443d9743fed.png

Special Features 

• A new Second Sight 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised and approved by Director Peter Weir and Director of Photography Russell Boyd
  • Dual format 4 disc set featuring 2 UHDs and 2 Blu-rays both with bonus features
  • Includes restored versions of both Director's Cut and original Theatrical Cut
  • UHDs presented in HDR
  • Audio Commentary by film academics Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • A Lovely Day for a Picnic: a new interview with Actor Karen Robson
  • Finding the Light: a new interview with Cinematographer Russell Boyd
  • Crashing Through Boundaries: a new interview Camera Operator John Seale
  • Something Beyond Explanation: Thomas Caldwell on Picnic at Hanging Rock
  • A Dream Within a Dream feature length documentary
  • An interview with author Joan Lindsay
  • A Recollection: Hanging Rock 1900
  • Outtakes
  • Original long trailer

Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Thinh Dinh
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger and Justine Smith, archive essay by Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Costume Gallery and features on the original marketing of the film and the new restoration
  • The original novel with exclusive cover art by Thinh Dinh
  • 6 collectors' art cards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Baphomet said:

Man, between this and then the announcements of Frontier(s) and Haute Tension, Second Sight is really pumping out some of the new wave of Australian cinema. I am all for it, especially with beautiful editions like this! I look forward to it!

yeah amazing.  So happy.   This puts my criterion spine #29 to shame.  

• Like 3

Guaranteed purchase.  🤩

As @BreakBeatDJ mentioned, this edition will easily overshadow my Crit edition.

Pretty much anything "Second Sight" produces, is a safe purchase bet, imho.

Very sad that Zavvi UK will no longer ship to Canada or the USA (and their NA site leaves a LOT to be desired) as they always carried 2nd Sight but I've been considering going direct with them for a while anyway.

Time to do so, (as I did Arrow and Indicator).

Cheers!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this film for the first time yesterday and a second viewing followed this morning, such was the spell that it cast on me.

I wasted no time in buying the Criterion Blu-ray but this beautiful set was just impossible to resist and so I have just placed an order for one.
It’s a shame that there is no official soundtrack for this movie as it is absolutely haunting and I would have preferred if they used this opportunity to release a cd to go with this set instead of either the book or booklet.

Still, very excited for this one and I heartily recommend this quite unique work of cinematic beauty.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I watched this film for the first time yesterday and a second viewing followed this morning, such was the spell that it cast on me.

I wasted no time in buying the Criterion Blu-ray but this beautiful set was just impossible to resist and so I have just placed an order for one.
It’s a shame that there is no official soundtrack for this movie as it is absolutely haunting and I would have preferred if they used this opportunity to release a cd to go with this set instead of either the book or booklet.

Still, very excited for this one and I heartily recommend this quite unique work of cinematic beauty.

Awesome. Peter Weir is a fantastic filmmaker.

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
13 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

One of my wife’s favourite films (she’s yet to see this one) is The Truman Show which I still haven’t seen myself.

I’m quite partial to the last wave.  A haunting and cryptic film that though I haven’t seen since childhood, remains vivid  in my memories. 

• Like 1