IGNORED

The Bad Batch

GuyIncognit0

• ★ Administrators ★
18 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Season 2 of The Bad Batch premieres today!

I believe the first two episodes have been released. I forgot to rewatch season 1 so I will be a little behind, but feel free to discuss here!

stoked for this.  I loved S1.  Totally forgot this was dropping today.

57 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Season 2 of The Bad Batch premieres today!

I believe the first two episodes have been released. I forgot to rewatch season 1 so I will be a little behind, but feel free to discuss here!

Thanks for this.  I quit checking when it was coming out and would have missed it for a bit.  Agree with @Gary K, greatly under appreciated Star Wars show in an interesting era of that universe.  I really liked season 1 and I'm not an animated TV show watcher usually.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Thanks for this.  I quit checking when it was coming out and would have missed it for a bit.  Agree with @Gary K, greatly under appreciated Star Wars show in an interesting era of that universe.  I really liked season 1 and I'm not an animated TV show watcher usually.

I assume despite your aversion to animation that you’ve watched the clone wars and rebels?

1 hour ago, Gary K said:

Some of the later seasons of clone wars are some of the best Star Wars content IMHO but I think Rebels is the absolute best. 

I agree with this. Clone Wars is mostly dragged down by tons of filler episodes and lower quality animation on the front end but, man, there is some good stuff peppered in. Rebels gets my nod as #1 because of how consistent it is. I'd probably say Rebels>Clone Wars>Bad Batch but I'm currently rewatching the first season of The Bad Batch and I'm overdue for a Clone Wars rewatch.

That being said, I think the Clone Wars narrated intros are the tops. 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I agree with this. Clone Wars is mostly dragged down by tons of filler episodes and lower quality animation on the front end but, man, there is some good stuff peppered in. Rebels gets my nod as #1 because of how consistent it is. I'd probably say Rebels>Clone Wars>Bad Batch but I'm currently rewatching the first season of The Bad Batch and I'm overdue for a Clone Wars rewatch.

That being said, I think the Clone Wars narrated intros are the tops. 

I love the narrated intros….very “serial” stylized which is what Lucas always wanted.  

I just watched the first 2 of Bad batch S2 and enjoyed them quite a bit.

• Like 1

I'll probably finish up my Season 1 rewatch today.

I'm glad I revisited because there was a bunch of stuff that I completely forgot about. The Hera/Twi'lek storyline is probably the best of the season. What is with these recent Star Wars series saving their best writing for the episodes that barely include the titular character?

And when are we going to get a decent look at the Pykes? They almost have a Boba Fett-like mystery about them in that they seem to be universally feared/respected. When are we going to actually SEE why? That brutality we saw from the Empire in Andor, give me some of that with the Pykes. 

Anyway...I'm getting excited to finally move on to Season 2.

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

So far this season is okay...a bit of a mix of meh and good. I caught up on the last two episodes last night and they are definitely two of the better ones.

Am I the only one still watching?

Nope, I'm still in and @Gary K is still in on this one I believe.  I like this series a lot.  This post-order 66 time of the Skywalker saga is my fav.  I agree overall, a bit of a mixed bag this season.  But a half hour spent in the Star Wars universe with an average show is better than a lot of things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

But a half hour spent in the Star Wars universe with an average show is better than a lot of things.

I'll drink to that.

star-wars-the-clone-wars.gif

This Vice Admiral Rampart/Kamino storyline has made things a little more interesting. It actually seems like the series is moving forward and not just following the Batch around on random missions.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

It actually seems like the series is moving forward and not just following the Batch around on random missions.

Yeah, after they started working for Cid, it became a little repetitive and circular . . .  go get this and I'll give you something, go do that and I'll tell you something.  Still enjoyed it.  That seems like a thing with these Diz Star Wars shows, the first season of Mando was the same, it didn't move forward enough soon enough for me.  Then Andor came along and f'in showed everyone how to do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 4:10 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah, after they started working for Cid, it became a little repetitive and circular . . .  go get this and I'll give you something, go do that and I'll tell you something.  Still enjoyed it.  That seems like a thing with these Diz Star Wars shows, the first season of Mando was the same, it didn't move forward enough soon enough for me.  Then Andor came along and f'in showed everyone how to do it.

Yet another post I missed - sorry. 

I agree. It seemed like they were getting somewhere with this one a few weeks ago but we're back to the same old stuff. 

I don't understand how they went from Clone Wars and Rebels to this. Clone Wars admittedly has a lot of filler bur Rebels is comparatively lean and always moving forward. You would think that they figured it out. 

• Like 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy