hansreinhardt

I have several films I'd love to see in 4K! These are my most wanted: 

• Master and Commander
    • The audio on the BD is so incredible, I just want the video to match
  • Sunshine
  • Tron: Legacy
    • Can you imagine the HDR? 
  • Solaris (Soderbergh version)
    • HOW DOES THIS NOT ALREADY HAVE A BD RELEASE?
  • 2010: The Year We Make Contact
    • The grain on this would be epic
  • Doctor Sleep (Director's Cut)
    • Downright criminal that the Director's Cut is only available on 4K streaming

A few others...

• Aliens
  • Alien 3
  • Alien Resurrection
  • Gravity
  • Galaxy Quest
  • The Black Hole
  • American Beauty
  • Lifeforce (International Cut)
  • Waterworld (Ulysses Cut)
  • Titanic
  • Steve Jobs
  • Mission to Mars
  • True Lies

And now, my holy grails...

• The Abyss (Special Edition)
    • One of my absolute favorite movies. Theatrical cut is borderline unwatchable, Special Edition is the way. 
  • Star Wars (Theatrical Cuts)

• Like 4

Forgot one more—I'm just going to update this topic thread as I think of them.

The Bond films should've been obvious. Fresh scans with none of that dodgy "Lowry process" 

Some of the Connery films have such bad swarming, unnatural grain, with odd looking motion.

Sean Connery GIF by James Bond 007

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

It would be nice to have all of the Bond films on 4K , since the only ones we have at the moment are the Daniel Craig ones , however I doubt it will actually happen since Amazon brought MGM out right , I don’t seem them willing to take the time to put the older films on 4K , so in the meantime the Blu ray box set will have to do for now :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moviebuff1 said:

It would be nice to have all of the Bond films on 4K , since the only ones we have at the moment are the Daniel Craig ones , however I doubt it will actually happen since Amazon brought MGM out right , I don’t seem them willing to take the time to put the older films on 4K , so in the meantime the Blu ray box set will have to do for now :) 

Welcome @Moviebuff1! Glad to meet you. Yeah, I'm sure it's a ways off. I still worry about the 4K discs receiving the same dodgy Lowry transfers that some of the entries have... though honestly, I'd still buy them! 

Hey if you're a Bond fan, we've got a game of "Guess the Bond Film" going over in the Shaken, Not Stirred club section, run by resident Bond connoisseur @R1s1ngs0n. Join us if you like, the more the merrier! 

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy