IGNORED

Guess the Bond movie

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it looks like the gun is upside down.  A sniper hanging from the ceiling?  I don't remember anything like that.\

The film stock and style, feel like the nineties to me, from this little sliver. 

But, the guy in the suit is too buff, we didn't have those type of fitted suits on muscled dudes in Bond movies in the nineties, did we?

I'm going to guess Tomorrow Never Dies . . . with zero confidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Are we allowed to think outloud, say what we see, the era, etc?  Or only guesses?

At this point, feel free to share whatever insight you have.  If you think it is Moore movie or Brosnan movie feel free to share, or if you think it is from the 80s or 60s share that, it is blind leading the blind at this point, so we could use any ideas you have. Eventually @R1s1ngs0n will give another clue and further hurt what little pride we have left. 😄

Just now, BreakBeatDJ said:

So, it looks like the gun is upside down.  A sniper hanging from the ceiling?  I don't remember anything like that.\

The film stock and style, feel like the nineties to me, from this little sliver. 

But, the guy in the suit is too buff, we didn't have those type of fitted suits on muscled dudes in Bond movies in the nineties, did we?

I'm going to guess Tomorrow Never Dies . . . with zero confidence.

You’re way, way off… on all accounts 😬

8 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah I got it too.  I flipped the gun upside down and it's that funny gun from You Only Live Twice.  

56d8842d694db6012dd84c8b31ee33d8.gif

Not an upside/funny gun, but a surveillance camera at Osato Chemicals headquarters, shortly before Bond meets Osato and his lovely assistant, the soon to be piranha food, Helga Brandt.

PKQ307E.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Not an upside/funny gun, but a surveillance camera at Osato Chemicals headquarters, shortly before Bond meets Osato and his lovely assistant, the soon to be piranha food, Helga Brandt.

PKQ307E.jpg

Wooohoo!  Although @Boilersteel had it before I did.   So, he's the winner, and I'm the first loser.

The gun in the pic is the Mauser C96, for some unknown reason it is mounted upside down in the shot.  I agree, It def does look like surveillance, with the camera looking down at him that way.  My guess is there was another sequence that got cut that explained the mounting of the gun.  I think it's a bizarre lookin' thing.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a076c451766b032c6856e5893af0e7e9.jpeg

image.gif.637887e06ac5c0223ec033fa3028723a.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Wooohoo!  Although @Boilersteel had it before I did.   So, he's the winner, and I'm the first loser.

The gun in the pic is the Mauser C96, for some unknown reason it is mounted upside down in the shot.  I agree, It def does look like surveillance, with the camera looking down at him that way.  My guess is there was another sequence that got cut that explained the mounting of the gun.  I think it's a bizarre lookin' thing.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a076c451766b032c6856e5893af0e7e9.jpeg

image.gif.637887e06ac5c0223ec033fa3028723a.gif

image.gif

@BreakBeatDJ that was all you, very nice!  You are up.  Basically just find a screenshot from a Bond movie and crop it to try to make it difficult for everyone to guess the movie, then post it and see how long it takes us to make a correct guess.  The first person to make a correct guess, then posts the next one.

7 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

@BreakBeatDJ that was all you, very nice!  You are up.  Basically just find a screenshot from a Bond movie and crop it to try to make it difficult for everyone to guess the movie, then post it and see how long it takes us to make a correct guess.  The first person to make a correct guess, then posts the next one.

Do you actually watch a movie and take a screen grab?  Or do you just pick a movie then go get a jpg from google images?

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Do you actually watch a movie and take a screen grab?  Or do you just pick a movie then go get a jpg from google images?

No never taken one while actually watching the movie, usually just google the name of a particular Bond movie for screenshots, there are multiple websites (Fancaps, Screenmusings, and others) with screenshots.  Then I usually just send it to myself and crop it, or sometimes I just screenshot it right from the website onto my phone and then crop it.  I try not to spend too much time, as seems some of the ones I work on the longest get guessed in seconds.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

This is a fantastic submission because I don't even recognize it as coming from a Bond film!

I'm going to guess Quantum of Solace, interrogation scene of Mr. White, following opening car chase. 

Nope.  I would be thoroughly embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to decide on this scene.  :)

GUESSES

• Spectre

• License to Kill

• Quantum of Solace

• Haha 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy