IGNORED

MCU - Disney+ Series

Pbsw23

Hey gang,

Thought we should have a safe place to discuss all things MCU in the form of the Disney+ series. So far we have had WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and of course Loki.

So… What did we think? Love it? Hate it? Let’s discuss shall we.

Oh, and if you haven’t seen them yet…. Naturally, this thread poses Spoilers. Go on, get em watched sunshine… we’ll wait. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Hollywood E Rock just continuing your point about the possibility of a premium release of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Or ANY of the MCU series for that matter!

Obviously I am all for it and wouldn’t want anyone more than WeET to do it. I think I read somewhere that this is highly unlikely given that the only way to watch them is by subscribing to their platform, but as you say… we can dream. 🙏🏼😊

I need to watch them all again soon. But the opening sequence to F&TWS…. How good was that?! Loved it and can’t wait for the next chapter. Also Awesome news that Mackie will now get a title movie of his own, even if it will be about 3 years down the line 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Hollywood E Rock just continuing your point about the possibility of a premium release of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Or ANY of the MCU series for that matter!

Obviously I am all for it and wouldn’t want anyone more than WeET to do it. I think I read somewhere that this is highly unlikely given that the only way to watch them is by subscribing to their platform, but as you say… we can dream. 🙏🏼😊

Yep that’s what I read as well. For whatever reason the Executives at Disney are under the impression by not giving the audience a choice it automatically equals more subscribers for their platform.

Practically I can understand how they could cook up such a conclusion but while being forward thinking (streaming is present & future) they are also being short sighted because a lot of their customers would do both. 

Their diehard fan base was going to join regardless of if some titles was exclusive or not. Doing business this way only cheats us fans of having physical copies of the content we enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I need to watch them all again soon. But the opening sequence to F&TWS…. How good was that?! Loved it and can’t wait for the next chapter. Also Awesome news that Mackie will now get a title movie of his own, even if it will be about 3 years down the line 😂

I haven’t seen Loki yet & I’m only two episodes in on the “What If” series. I do plan to knock them out soon & revisit the other two shows. That opening scene in F&TWS was amazing. Me & my girlfriend both was like “how much money did they spend on this show?” It felt like I was watching a movie. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Yep that’s what I read as well. For whatever reason the Executives at Disney are under the impression by not giving the audience a choice it automatically equals more subscribers for their platform.

Practically I can understand how they could cook up such a conclusion but while being forward thinking (streaming is present & future) they are also being short sighted because a lot of their customers would do both. 

Their diehard fan base was going to join regardless of if some titles was exclusive or not. Doing business this way only cheats us fans of having physical copies of the content we enjoy.

I haven’t seen Loki yet & I’m only two episodes in on the “What If” series. I do plan to knock them out soon & revisit the other two shows. That opening scene in F&TWS was amazing. Me & my girlfriend both was like “how much money did they spend on this show?” It felt like I was watching a movie. 

Extremely good point mate. You’re absolutely right, I was always going to subscribe purely for these series. I HAD to watch them as instantly as I could 😂 But equally would love a physical copy on my shelf alongside all of the movies.

Not sure if you’ve seen Black Widow yet? I am guessing you have for a certain person 😂 But intrigued to see how that will play into the same outcome as F&TWS. Most likely the next series in November I am guessing. 

Obviously I won’t give anything away for Loki but (IMO) this opens everything up that much more than the other two series do. It is getting harder and harder to guess in which direction they are going with all of this. Even with fan knowledge of past stories, they keep surprising me with new twists.

Equally interesting that Loki is the only one with an official season 2 announced. I have my own views of where/what this storyline will lead to, but with another season on the horizon I’m keeping my guesses close to my chest for now 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Extremely good point mate. You’re absolutely right, I was always going to subscribe purely for these series. I HAD to watch them as instantly as I could 😂 But equally would love a physical copy on my shelf alongside all of the movies.

I’m the same. I was watching Darkwing Duck on the service yesterday & I own the whole series. Would I trade one for the other? NOPE! I like owning what I own & I appreciate the convenience the service brings. I would understand the business decisions more if physical sales was $hit, but they are still pretty good even with the industry changing.

Not sure if you’ve seen Black Widow yet? I am guessing you have for a certain person 😂 But intrigued to see how that will play into the same outcome as F&TWS. Most likely the next series in November I am guessing. 

🥰 Yes I’ve seen the movie. I left the theaters heartbroken 💔. I was so disappointed with what they gave us. The movie isn’t bad but it is mediocre as hell. Fans had been asking for a Black Widow movie for a while & I really thought they realized that even though she had been mostly just a supporting player in the franchise that she had potential to be more.

From my perspective they still see the character as just a supporting player only good for aiding other characters advancements in the bigger story arc. The movie left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where right now I don’t care what happens with those other new characters. With that said I do believe one in particular will show up in Hawkeye. 

From what I saw in the movie if this character does show up in Hawkeye I expect for him to get his a$$ kicked around a little bit. For The Wrong Reasons 😂

Obviously I won’t give anything away for Loki but (IMO) this opens everything up that much more than the other two series do. It is getting harder and harder to guess in which direction they are going with all of this. Even with fan knowledge of past stories, they keep surprising me with new twists.

I saw Shang Chi & thought the same thing. They are now really starting to feel like the comics with how far out there they are taking these stories. I know you know how crazy & twisted storylines got in the comics.

Equally interesting that Loki is the only one with an official season 2 announced. I have my own views of where/what this storyline will lead to, but with another season on the horizon I’m keeping my guesses close to my chest for now 😁

🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Embrace the Chaos with a New ‘Moon Knight’ Cover on Empire Magazine

Stream the brand new series on March 30. 

Ahead of the release of Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight on Disney+, dive into the pages of the latest edition of Empire Magazine to discover more about the upcoming show — and the latest Marvel hero. 

The new issue, which arrives February 17 on stands, features interviews with stars Oscar Isaac, and Ethan Hawke, Kevin Feige, director Mohamed Diab, writer Jeremy Slater along with some new images of the highly anticipated show. As Empire teases in the preview, “It’s the ultimate insight into a brave, brutal, and brilliantly weird new corner of the MCU.” Find the two new magazine covers below!

moon knight
moon knight

The series follows Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, who becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life. Steven discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc’s enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt.  

Moon Knight stars Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke, and May Calamawy. Mohamed Diab and the team of Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead directed the episodes. Jeremy Slater is the head writer, and Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Mohamed Diab, Jeremy Slater, and Oscar Isaac are the executive producers. Grant Curtis, Trevor Waterson, and Rebecca Kirsch serve as co-executive producers.

Moon Knight premieres exclusively on Disney+ on March 30. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, AndroiDad75 said:

@Pbsw23 I've only seen the first one so far.  The family did enjoy it though, so we'll likely watch a few this weekend.

Thanks for letting us know about the new featurettes!

AD75🤖

No worries. Come and share with us what you think when you watch a few more (without spoilers 😁). I think I should probably create a couple of spoiler threads in here for those who watch everything on release.

Obviously we still have Moon Knight still airing along with Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness hitting the big screen later this week. But on June 8th, Kamala Khan's journey begins. This is Ms. Marvels debut in the MCU and will lead into The Marvels currently due July 28th 2023.

Another relatively New era character much like Kate Bishop (Hawk-eye) before her and Riri Williams (Iron Heart - Also due to hit Disney+ in her own series), means this one is likely to excite the younger generations over us ageing “Old School” Marvel heads. Ms. Marvel made her debut in 2013, and got her first title run in 2014 and has proved a highly popular character among comic book fans since.

C15436AC-2F52-4FA3-9EF1-828E90E8D15F.jpeg

The latest poster for Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel has arrived showing Kamama front and center — in her Ms. Marvel outfit, of course. But, she's not alone as surrounding her are her family and closest friends. Take a look at the brand new poster, above! 

Ms. Marvel is a new, original series that introduces Kamala Khan, a Muslim American teenager growing up in Jersey City. An avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, Kamala is a Super Hero mega-fan with an oversized imagination—particularly when it comes to Captain Marvel. Yet Kamala feels invisible both at home and at school—that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life gets better with super powers, right? 

Iman Vellani stars as Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel. The cast also includes Aramis Knight, Saagar Shaikh, Rish Shah, Zenobia Shroff, Mohan Kapur, Matt Lintz, Yasmeen Fletcher, Laith Nakli, Azhar Usman, Travina Springer, and Nimra Bucha.

Episodes are directed by Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.  Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, and Bisha K. Ali are the executive producers. Co-executive producers for the series are Sana Amanat and Trevor Waterson, and Bisha K. Ali is the head writer. 

Edited by Pbsw23

11 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

How is everyone enjoying Moon Knight btw? Smacks of ‘Legion’ in places for me, but still very much enjoying it. 

I wasn’t expecting to much before I started watching it but it’s got me hooked really enjoying it. I think hawke and Isaac play the part really well. I can’t really say to much without spoilers it doesn’t feel like MCU but its becoming one of my favourite series after Wanda vision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hecko said:

I wasn’t expecting to much before I started watching it but it’s got me hooked really enjoying it. I think hawke and Isaac play the part really well. I can’t really say to much without spoilers it doesn’t feel like MCU but its becoming one of my favourite series after Wanda vision.

These days, I tend to go into almost anything Marvel excited 😂 But often try and quash my expectations. Moon Knight was one that was hard for me to do that with, and was dying to see sneak peeks etc before it’s release.

Luckily for me (IMO) it has not disappointed! I think Isaac has done a Fantastic job, although as you say so has Hawke equally (as we have come to expect). I think you’re right about it doesn’t feel MCU, hence my comment about smacks of Marvels Legion (if you’ve seen that?). As much as I want them to announce Season 2 already, they have so much on their schedule right now I’m not sure I can see it. Most likely we may have Mark Spector cameos elsewhere like Matt Murdoch in No Way Home or Wilson Fisk in Hawk-eye.

But regardless, it is a great show and glad you’re enjoying it mate 😁👍🏼

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I also just finished Moon Knight and absolutely loved it, particularly the horror tinged benson/Moorhead directed episodes.  

Originally this was intended as a limited series, but it appears based on the critical reaction Disney+/MCU are considering a second season.  Only issue is Oscar Issac was only signed for one season.  Presumably if they can get him on board it will go ahead.  

they are definitely doing a season 2 of Loki as that was teased at the very end of season 1.  As to when we might see it, your guess is as good as mine. 

8 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

So I finished Moon Knight on Weds. That was some trippy fun.

You'd have to say that this has been left WIDE open for a 2nd series, though nothing to my knowledge has been mentioned. And as I have said before, their schedule is Massive right now. Loki is supposedly also getting a 2nd series though no news on that one either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary K said:

I also just finished Moon Knight and absolutely loved it, particularly the horror tinged benson/Moorhead directed episodes.  

Originally this was intended as a limited series, but it appears based on the critical reaction Disney+/MCU are considering a second season.  Only issue is Oscar Issac was only signed for one season.  Presumably if they can get him on board it will go ahead.  

they are definitely doing a season 2 of Loki as that was teased at the very end of season 1.  As to when we might see it, your guess is as good as mine. 

Hi @Gary K 

This is Great news! Fingers crossed that Isaac is up for continuing the role then. I thought he was really good and I won’t be alone in that thought, so hopefully his stock has slightly risen further to encourage a 2nd season.

As for Loki 2, My guess is that it will be between Antman & the Wasp: Quantumania & Fantastic 4 due to the story telling around Kang the Conquerer. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

That makes sense given the Kang arc for sure.   

33 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Hi @Gary K 

This is Great news! Fingers crossed that Isaac is up for continuing the role then. I thought he was really good and I won’t be alone in that thought, so hopefully his stock has slightly risen further to encourage a 2nd season.

As for Loki 2, My guess is that it will be between Antman & the Wasp: Quantumania & Fantastic 4 due to the story telling around Kang the Conquerer. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy