Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

@Basil

How are you Paul, did you get over the initial shock? Are you okay with the syringe?

yes sort of sunk in now mentally, it is quite a bit of adjustment as in all the food i was eating alot of it i can't have now or vastly reduced amounts instead, it all gets weighed out now.

so alot of foods i have now gone for no added sugar and checking the carbs are low too, to miss those hidden sugars as well.

so things like baked beans, tomato soup, tinned spaghetti all no added sugar now and it tastes fine, you dont quite realise how much sugar is in things too!

actually read the little nutrition panels with all the details. be nice if made the size of the writing larger having to use my phones camera and enlarge on the screen to read the numbers now!

also hotdogs have no fat and very little sugar, so finding 2 rounds of hotdog sandwiches with wholemeal bread can make a dinner.

lunch is 1 sandwich with extra light cheese spread 2% fat wholemeal bread and the treat is 1 packet of crisps xD 

today tonight's dinner is a real experiment on paper its just about fits daily allowances xD 

so frozen oven roasties done in my airfryer so no added fat other than in the bag already, so 250g of them weighed out first.

and 4 sausages with some gravy over it all. 

sunday used to have huge roasts, so this my weakness out of everything.

so my count before dinner was at 8.9, i will check in the morning my count and see how it jumps but too digest food takes 6 to 8 hours.

so need to wait till then. usually is around 15 to 8 so if not above 15 think this could be ok ish

also have found pepsi max no sugar no carbs can have ok but no more than 2 drinks a day just to be safe.

rest of time is chilled water out of fridge.

think is all a massive learning curve, im slowly getting there.

most important bit is eating regularly breakfast lunch dinner at roughly the same time.

one day this week i had to miss lunch to take wife to doctors for nurse (shes ok just a medicine) but my count in morning 10.2 before dinner 8.9

as by dinner i had purple lips well line running thru it not good but soon as i ate felt better afterwards.

so lesson learned there.

needles getting used to now its stick in the stomach fat roll ok, it the finger pricking that is the pain same three fingers but it is getting better can usually always get blood out now, when i first started i could use 3 needles to get enough blood for the machine for 1 test.

my advice to all please keep an eye on your diet and the hidden sugar in food and hidden sugars in carbs that most dont know about

I would not want anyone to get this like i have, my size has not helped but you dont want to be sticking yourself like i have too

im lucky its only 2 tests and 1 injection but 3 needles is enough for the moment plus then going thru every single thing you eat into

good or can't eat it anymore such as white bread👍

sorry for the long post all 👍

all the best

basil 🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

good morning would say happy monday but its not!

as it is monday xD 

Invest Monday Morning GIF by ProBit Global

so much for zavvi coming up with steelbooks from the oscars what a disappointment, not 1 steelbook yet.

i thought we would have had at least 1, nils sort it out!

like all quiet on western front or everything everywhere all at once!!!

2ef6f1baa991563bb0995f40ebd7ac462c1e63f5

icegif-850.gif

basil :D

Edited by Basil
  • Like 16