IGNORED

Hey there - from a graphic designer and cinematography enthusiast

Hey everyone!

I originally signed up here in February 2020, but it took until now to finally participate in this fine community.

My media / movie background
I got hooked on steelbooks not too long ago. I had a few Playstation steelbooks, more or less by accident I’d say, but it was until someday early in 2019 i guess, when i discovered my love for the beauty of embossed and high quality produced steelbooks of BluRay movies. And from then on it was really messy and went down fast 😅 I'm gonna do another post in the Collection Topic, i thinks its about 200 Steelbooks now ? im currently writing down to list to get an overview...

I had always been kind of a cineast, with passion for the big directors (favorites would be Coen Brothers, Christopher Nolan, Tarantino, Wes Anderson) and also small productions with great output, like the danish / Scandinavian films ("Adam's Apples" for example). I started to sort my copies on harddisk in years and sorted by directors, renaming everything in a certain pattern. Also Animation has been a big passion for me since i first saw Toy Story, why this topic always had and has a focus for me.

My picture / design background
Having studied Visual Communication, which includes photography, filming and graphic design, I always had an eye out for good movies / series, especially with good cinematography. While now ending up doing mostly graphic design (Logodesign, Print, User Interface / Experience) I made some music videos and have always been photographing pretty much.

Here are 4 of, I guess the most cinematic, videos I made, which might some of you could appreciate regarding the cinematography aspect:

ANDREA - DOWN ft. Vanessa Elihsa  |  https://vimeo.com/134833103

andrea.thumb.jpg.618f7f46174206a379d44f4015e1a274.jpg

Arpen - tmttb  |  https://vimeo.com/dennisarnold/tmttb

arpen.-t.thumb.jpg.ecfb12371b72fa939d7977f0a91284e9.jpg

The Streamlines - Wave  |  https://vimeo.com/146539062

streamlines.thumb.jpg.5ac96140caf827832f147dfccaccac92.jpg

A Forest - Shepherd  |  https://vimeo.com/108444523

57082694_aforest.thumb.jpg.f990f7b8e2e298d7dd8a093ff2271ede.jpg

Custom Steelbooks
Which leads me to the last topic and the reason I am going to participate more here: Custom Steelbooks.
I have seen a few on the web, but it was the topic from @BobaFett1974 which amazed me so much, that I will have to take a try on some custom steelbooks now. Mostly of those that haven’t been produced yet. My first try will be „Magnolia“ from Paul Thomas Anderson. Only god knows why there is now Steelbook of this fantastic film yet…

So I am very glad I found out about Media Psychos, even if a bit late (I missed the Drive OC on the GB 🥴) and I am looking forward to celebrate the world of movies with other psychos.

Cheers!

Edited by Guest

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, meniK said:

Hey everyone!

I originally signed up here in February 2020, but it took until now to finally participate in this fine community.

My media / movie background
I got hooked on steelbooks not too long ago. I had a few Playstation steelbooks, more or less by accident I’d say, but it was until someday early in 2019 i guess, when i discovered my love for the beauty of embossed and high quality produced steelbooks of BluRay movies. And from then on it was really messy and went down fast 😅 I'm gonna do another post in the Collection Topic, i thinks its about 200 Steelbooks now ? im currently writing down to list to get an overview...

I had always been kind of a cineast, with passion for the big directors (favorites would be Coen Brothers, Christopher Nolan, Tarantino, Wes Anderson) and also small productions with great output, like the danish / Scandinavian films ("Adam's Apples" for example). I started to sort my copies on harddisk in years and sorted by directors, renaming everything in a certain pattern. Also Animation has been a big passion for me since i first saw Toy Story, why this topic always had and has a focus for me.

My picture / design background
Having studied Visual Communication, which includes photography, filming and graphic design, I always had an eye out for good movies / series, especially with good cinematography. While now ending up doing mostly graphic design (Logodesign, Print, User Interface / Experience) I made some music videos and have always been photographing pretty much.

Here are 4 of, I guess the most cinematic, videos I made, which might some of you could appreciate regarding the cinematography aspect:

ANDREA - DOWN ft. Vanessa Elihsa  |  https://vimeo.com/134833103

andrea.thumb.jpg.618f7f46174206a379d44f4015e1a274.jpg

Arpen - tmttb  |  https://vimeo.com/dennisarnold/tmttb

arpen.-t.thumb.jpg.ecfb12371b72fa939d7977f0a91284e9.jpg

The Streamlines - Wave  |  https://vimeo.com/146539062

streamlines.thumb.jpg.5ac96140caf827832f147dfccaccac92.jpg

A Forest - Shepherd  |  https://vimeo.com/108444523

57082694_aforest.thumb.jpg.f990f7b8e2e298d7dd8a093ff2271ede.jpg

Custom Steelbooks
Which leads me to the last topic and the reason I am going to participate more here: Custom Steelbooks.
I have seen a few on the web, but it was the topic from @BobaFett1974 which amazed me so much, that I will have to take a try on some custom steelbooks now. Mostly of those that haven’t been produced yet. My first try will be „Magnolia“ from Paul Thomas Anderson. Only god knows why there is now Steelbook of this fantastic film yet…

So I am very glad I found out about Media Psychos, even if a bit late (I missed the Drive OC on the GB 🥴) and I am looking forward to celebrate the world of movies with other psychos.

Cheers!

🥤Howdy @meniK, I’m so glad you found us here at MP, a warm Welcome my friend!😊🤠😇😷😊

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP and the Ol’ American guy 😆 (Ol’ Veum is me) because I do enjoy communicating with all the peeps!😊

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

Willkommen @meniK!

welcome jurassic park GIF

I like the style and cinematography of your videos very much and am glad to have you join our ranks. If you are interested in just talking and bantering with german members you can visit

I am also excited to see your custom steelbooks but pray that @R1s1ngs0n doesn't like them or you will have a...well...interesting customer experience

• Like 1
  • Haha 2