IGNORED

Marvel Cinematic Universe [MCU]

nefilim

Chatting about :

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise and shared universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise has expanded to include comic books, short films, television series, and digital series. The shared universe, much like the original Marvel Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. Phil Coulson, portrayed by Clark Gregg, is an original character to the MCU and the only character to appear across all the different media of the MCU

alien_steel.thumb.png.c2c7bd99a2b0cd0a063a34a2382f653d.png

Kevin Feige says R-Rated MCU movie is "not out of the question"

The notion of superhero movies becoming increasingly adult-oriented is being seen as the next big shift in the genre, with studios like Fox releasing R-rated superhero movies (DEADPOOL and LOGAN) to rousing success. Sony will follow suit with VENOM, and now eyes are on the MCU to see if any of their slate of heroes will drop a few f-bombs in the future.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige was recently asked by AlloCine about the prospect of seeing such an R-rated movie come out of their shared universe, and to that Feige answered it’s a tilting, if not immediately actionable, idea:

I don’t think it’s out of the question. When I started at Marvel seventeen years ago, the BLADE franchise was doing very well. A lot of people didn’t even know that it was based on a Marvel character because at the time they sort of hid the fact it was Marvel. So, not out of the question, but not something we’re working on right now.

894a142ca4a6dff8d81fed86a268920b.gif.5b6bb3b74cc483d130c88c7073eb2722.gif

IMO they could concentrate less on bringing everyone up on every movie. But on originality. New Spider-Man : Homecoming looks bad to me. Partly because Iron-Man is brought in. And I believe one reason is that we have new Spidey and studio wants to make sure this makes $$$$ - so bring on liked character from past. Iron-Man ! Meh !

It makes sence to re invent if thire is scope to do so.

I saw the homecoming trailer and it just semt a cut and paste of tge Toby Maguire Movies with Iron Man thrown in .

Only one's  I wanted to see and knew of was Blade and  Dr Strange .

Everyone else is WHO ?? . Even Iron man when that came out .

X-Men I knew from the Animated Series and some of the characters fell flat .

Ne...Oh, wait "News" :

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Tom Holland revelead to AlloCiné the less than shocking news that Marvel has plans for a Spider-Man trilogy.

There is still a lot of room for Peter Parker and Spider-Man, especially, to grow in the next two movies. He’s definitely not the finished article by the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming and I really look forward to exploring the different ways he can grow up and… go through puberty I guess. It’s going to be an exciting couple of movies.

When asked to clarify, Holland confirmed:

There will be a Spider-Man 2 and 3… Yeah, well now you know, sorry Marvel. Whoops! <---- Well. I'm pretty sure mr. Garfield felt the same way. LOL ! ~Nef !

‘Freddy’s Dead’ Director Rachel Talalay Wants to Make a ‘She-Hulk’ Movie

she-hulk.jpg

After producing the third and fourth installments in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, Rachel Talalay was handed the reigns to 1991’s Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare. At the time, Talalay (who went on to helm Tank Girl) was an untested director, and it was needless to say a big deal that New Line had so much faith in her. After all, this was a time when female directors just weren’t put in charge of major franchise sequels.

Talalay, who has recently directed episodes of “Supergirl,” “The Flash” and “Doctor Who,” just sat down for a chat with Vice about the plight of the female director in Hollywood, and she dropped a pretty interesting little tidbit when asked if she’d be interested in tackling a superhero movie. Her dream superhero project? She-Hulk!

“I have such a strong vision of what She-Hulk should be,” Talalay told the site. “The difference between She-Hulk and Hulk is that she loved being She-Hulk. She was the Tank Girl of earlier days in terms of being able to say what she wanted, and when she became She-Hulk, it was like an opening of the door to freedom, to be the person that you wish you could be. That you’re stopped from being as a woman. And that’s the version of She-Hulk that I would love to embrace.”

Created by writer Stan Lee and artist John Buscema, She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters) first appeared in Savage She-Hulk #1. A cousin to Bruce Banner, Walters once received an emergency blood transfusion from him when she was wounded, which led to her acquiring a milder version of his Hulk condition.

Walters became a powerful, green-hued version of herself while still largely retaining her personality; in particular she retained her intelligence and emotional control.

Personally I'd like to see Black Widow get her origin movie and being a fan of the comic the only way to faithfully do it is if it's R Rated.

Marvel thought originally a Widow movie wouldn't sell being female superheros in their opinion aren't as popular. Well Wonder Woman silenced that, and Johansson has proven she's bankable in the right film, with Lucy doing fantastic at the box office

Awards

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Sony’s official cast list states Jennifer Connelly is in the film as a character credited as “Karen/Suit Lady” she presumably meaning she plays the voice of the AI within the Spidey suit. The list also states Michael Mando is playing Mac Gargan, AKA, The Scorpion, while Donald Glover plays Aaron Davis, the civilian identity of the Prowler. The cast list also confirm Gwyneth Paltrow reprises her role as Pepper Potts for a cameo.

Twentieth Century Fox sets dates for six mystery Marvel movies

Marvel Studios isn't the only game in town when it comes to pumping out movies based on Marvel characters, Twentieth Century Fox owns the rights to some of the biggest Marvel characters there are, and the studio seems keen to keep up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The studio already has several Marvel movies dated, including

NEW MUTANTS on April 13, 2018,

DEADPOOL 2 on June 1, 2018,

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX on November 2, 2018,

but they've recently planted their flag on six more dates reserved for as-yet-unannounced Marvel movies. Let's see where we need to need to make notes on our calendar.

• June 7, 2019
  • Nov. 22, 2019
  • March 13, 2020
  • June 26, 2020
  • Oct. 2, 2020
  • March 5, 2021

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Disney to launch ‘Marvel Avengers’ TV channel

Disney Channels UK and Ireland have today announced they will launch a third pop up channel with the introduction of a Marvel Avengers Channel takeover on April 1st, which will run for the course of the month (until 29th April) on the Sky and Virgin Disney xD +1 channels. Highlights will include the world premiere of exclusive Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War content, four new Marvel Funko animated shorts, and channel premiere of Marvel’s Video Comics shorts and Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts. Every episode of Marvel’s Avengers Assemble ever made will be broadcast during the course of the month.

more HERE

Back in December of last year, Marvel announced their Marvel Rising initiative. Established with the intention to launch six, four-minute digital shorts that will feature Ghost-Spider (AKA Spider-Gwen), in addition to a feature-length animated film starring several of Marvel's more diverse heroes. With many of the characters set to be voiced by their live-action counterparts, the studio aims to "inspire younger audiences with their relatable and inclusive heroes that reflects the world we live in." With that admirable goal in mind, fans can soon look forward to characters the likes of Ghost-Spider, Quake, Inferno, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, America Chavez, Patriot, and Captain Marvel enter Rising's animated fray.  

According to the official press release distributed by Marvel:

“Marvel Rising” will feature powered teens like Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno, joining together, rising up, and taking on an unimaginable force that threaten their young lives and the universe, alike. This misfit team aims to inspire younger audiences with their relatable and inclusive heroes that reflects the world we live in.

Furthermore, you can get a look at the newly-introduced “Marvel Rising” character models below!

bubble-wrap-sheet-500x500.jpg

Harvestof-Battle_IWM_ART_001921_thumb.jpg

Pic.jpg

picture.jpg

risingmaramer.jpg

risingmarcap.jpg

risingmarlock.jpg

risingmarpat.jpg

risingmarsg.jpg

Archived