IGNORED

Wonder Woman

nefilim

Plot : Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war to end all wars, discovering her full powers and true destiny.

Director: Patty Jenkins

Stars: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright

DC.thumb.jpg.5382ece13a5742e763c641bcef374eb0.jpg

TRAILER

Watched it yesterday, absolutely brilliant. Easily a five star film! Amusing that DC'S finally got a critically acclaimed film as part of it's new Universe and it wasn't Batman or Superman. Absolute respect to the team for making her costume the least interesting aspect. A Superhero film that send young girls a wonderful message wrapped in a stunning film

Awards

Generally, the talent involved in all of the various blockbuster superhero movies and cinematic universes don’t really throw shade at one another, instead choosing to complement the works of others. For example, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn recently took to social media to praise Patty Jenkins’ DC Extended Universe entry Wonder Woman, which is also receiving massive acclaim from fans and critics alike.

However, Chris Pine – who plays World War I spy Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman – has chosen to take a jab at Marvel’s ultimate superhero thrill ride Avengers: Infinity War during an interview with Collider, where he was expressing what sets Wonder Woman apart from other comic book movies.

“Within this genre, it’s difficult to do something new, and usually you just see a bunch of people killing one another in outfits, and blowing up cities,” said Pine. “Like I know there’s a thing called Infinity War coming out, which is like “Really? Like, Infinity War? We need more war for all time?” So I thought at the heart of this is a woman who’s about love and compassion, and love trumps all, and how great is that? That’s a pretty crazy, awesome thing.

593586479f917_6362433242171365991008470724_DoLungBridge2.jpg.5282513b5e0982e3c530ca56f9c1845b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

I saw this yesterday and I loved it. Gald Gadot was simply perfect and the rest of the movie was great as well. Sure the finish was a little bit like all the other Superhero finishes but did not hurt the movie. I think it is the best entry in the current DC Extended Universe, especially since the movie had some soul. As a die hard DC fan for decades I'm very happy with the end result. And I'm even more happy that DC done something before Marvel. The 1st every real woman Superhero Movie and on top of that it was good. Now I hope that Justice League will be good as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived