IGNORED

Hello Everybody!

dvd-boy

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, but I normally use the name 'dvd-boy'.

I've been a big fan of DVD since when the format launched, and actually bought discs when I was on holiday in the US before I owned a player.  I came home and purchased the Creative Labs DVD-ROM drive and hardware MPEG-2 decoder for my PC!

Initially supported HD-DVD in the format war, but finally got myself a PS3 and started building my Blu-ray library.

Big fan of steelbooks, like everyone I've had my fair share of dented deliveries (Thanks Zavvi) or customs duties (thanks hmv.co.jp!).

I'm not a massive poster, so apologies.  I enjoy reading the comments of the community but only post if I feel I have something worthwhile to add to the conversation.

All the best

Matt

Hi and welcome @dvd-boy , so glad that you could join us here at the Asylum , I too started with the old Creative labs bundle back in the day when DVD wasn't even available in the UK , play USA and computer fairs were my source to start with ,  ...........what's your most prized steel book edition so far .........nice to see you here.......??

54 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi and welcome @dvd-boy , so glad that you could join us here at the Asylum , I too started with the old Creative labs bundle back in the day when DVD wasn't even available in the UK , play USA and computer fairs were my source to start with ,  ...........what's your most prized steel book edition so far .........nice to see you here.......1f44d.png1f44d.png

Play USA! Even Amazon.com was cheap back in the day!  I was living in Manchester at the time, and there was a Home Cinema store in the Arndale Centre which sold a small selection of import DVDS - I remember picking up "Robocop" Criterion and "Tomorrow Never Dies" Special Edition.

Most prized Steelbook... I was pretty happy with my Japanese release of "Lone Survivor" although it cost me a fortune in customs fees.  Also, being able to pick up nearly all of the Mondo Steelbooks while on Holiday in Canada, my suitcase weighed a tonne on the way home!

I like it when I can complete a collection of steelbook covers - I'm gutted I missed out on things like the original double disc release of Iron Man from Play (before I was really looking out for steelbooks) You can't win them all (but you can try!)

Archived