IGNORED

Hello from Florida

dafunkk12

I stumbled upon the site while trying to hunt down a 3D copy of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse.

Typically I'll import from Amazon UK, but it seems like they're not even offering this movie at all. I'm pretty bummed that the 3D format is fading more and more in the US, even from hold-outs like Warner and Sony. Typically I wind up preordering a Best Buy 4K steelbook and importing the 3D version, and I really should figure out if a more economic method exists, rather than double-dipping...

In November 2017, I spent a week hunting down a 2016 LG OLED just so that I could have a 4K TV that still supported 3D, winding up paying about $500 more than if I'd just gotten the then-current 2017 model. If I'd known that the feature was getting stripped out of TVs, I probably would've tried to buy one earlier in the year when they were clearing them out at steep discounts. Despite supposedly being in brand new condition, unfortunately it arrived in some sort of Factory Service mode and exhibited some clear image retention problems. But I didn't want to risk sending it out for repairs, because they'd probably "junk it out" and upgrade me to a newer, non-3D model.

I'm not necessarily a super Steelbook fanatic, but I have maybe around a 100 between my movies and games. I'll usually pay out the extra upgrade cash to get one from Best Buy or Target if I like the design. I've never imported specifically for a Steelbook before.

Right now I'm eyeballing the Into the Spider-verse BluFans GB, but I've been looking around at past listings from them to try to figure out the general price of one of their 4K/3D/2D releases, but it doesn't seem any of the earlier GB listings for other movies I've checked actually list any prices. What kind of expense should I expect for basic Hub shipping w/ no extra insurance/protection?

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi @dafunkk12 welcome to MP, ther perfect place for everone interested in movie releases. It certainly gets harder to get 3D Editions from movies, especially for people who live in the US.

Check out this post as it gives you an idea of the retail prices Blufans normally has, each release can be different. I can't give you an estimate on the Hub costs as it is not known until the item will be shipped.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and find some nice editions to add to your collection.

@dafunkk12 Welcome to the group, I know how you feel with 3D, My 3D glasses just went kaput for my projector and now I have to hunt them down. I am also worried when will my projector will stop working (it is about 8 years old). Regardless I think you will find what you want here, if you ever have questions feel free to ask me. 

Romeroland

welcome. Im from florida also. Ft Myers to be exact. i was like you when i joined the group, i never was into imports either. Now thats all i get. ive been hooked. Blufans, hdzeta and mantalabs are my favorite. Im a huge fan of OLED i have a 65" C8. I wish it had 3D. ive never even seen a 3d movie except in Imax. the people in this forum are super friendly. enjoy the group buys 

It's also unfortunate to discover that my C6's version of Dolby Vision isn't compatible with whatever version of Dolby Vision the Xbox One X uses. I know that streaming services have DV HDR, but then I don't get the fat data of less compressed discs! I recognize it's unlikely, but I'm hoping LG will/can update the DV version to become compatible. I'm not really interested in getting a standalone disc player, and I don't have enough region-locked imports that would require I invest in a fancy region-free player.

• ★ Administrators ★

I also like the OLED and went with the Sony A8

never really was a fan of the 3D ... 

As for region free i went with 2x OPPO , i have always been satisfied with them and even though production has stopped (from what i understand) i still have the same faith in them as always.

Have a nice time here on the forum 

Take care

John

5 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

I also like the OLED and went with the Sony A8

never really was a fan of the 3D ... 

As for region free i went with 2x OPPO , i have always been satisfied with them and even though production has stopped (from what i understand) i still have the same faith in them as always.

Have a nice time here on the forum 

Take care

John

Im super jealous. I wanted a oppo 203 so bad and I didn’t get one when I had the chance. Now there like $1500.  I went with a Panasonic UB8020 which is nice but nothing beats the oppo

Archived