IGNORED

The Thing (Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook) [USA]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

The Thing (Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook) [USA]

Release:  November 6, 2018

Price:  $28.46

Purchase Link:  ShoutFactory

Note:  Blu-ray + DVD Order from ShoutFactory.com and get a FREE 28.5" X 16.5" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH featuring our brand new artwork (limited edition of 1,500 lithographs)!

Bonus Features

DISC ONE:

• 2017 4K Scan Of The Feature Film

DISC TWO:

• 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
  • 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included)
  • Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
  • Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen
  • Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
  • TV Spots
  • Radio Spots
  • Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)

DISC THREE:

• Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris
  • The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis
  • Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
  • Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle
  • Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
  • Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
  • Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com
  • The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery
  • John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock And More! (SD)
  • Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (SD)
  • Outtakes (SD)
  • Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin (SD)
  • Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING (SD)
  • Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (SD)
  • Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (SD)
  • Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (SD)

TheThing.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi.png

12 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

This is a must have Edition to add to the collection of Things I already Got ..... it’s excellent in my view and I need one .....1f44d.png....  can never have enough of this Thing ...1f61c.png

tenor.gif?itemid=4354544

No matter what downer I hit and how negative things get I wack on the Prequil Sequel  OR

Original and somehow by the end every THING is better 

giphy.gif

A littke bit of randon trivia  coming up  ? I 'm only missing the Original Play .com steel edition forgive me for that as it's bloody ugly ?

Archived