IGNORED

Greetings MP, finally introducing myself!

deckard99

• ★ Administrators ★

Hello from New Jersey, USA everyone! It's about time I introduce myself. I'm a lover of sci-fi and superheroes going back to the 60's. Collected comics growing up, mostly DC, with my favorite being the Legion of Super Heroes. I have most of the original early issues and the hardcover reprints. I love old sci-fi/fantasy  movies like Logan's Run, Rollerball, Death Race 2000, Silent Running, Colossus: the Forbin Project, Legend, and Firestarter. Blade Runner (and BR2049) are my favorite movies and franchise. Some other favs are Star Trek, Dune, Doctor Who, Babylon 5, The Prisoner, and Battlestar Galactica (old and new). I was a late adopter to 3D but I love it and have a pretty large collection of 3D movies. Started collecting premium editions only a year ago when retailers in the USA (mostly) stopped putting out 3D movies and moved steelbooks over to 4K+BR and BR+DVD only. I went region free and starting collecting 3D (and combo 3D) steelbooks from whichever country had the best editions. I guess that was my gateway drug to premium editions! ?. I spent some time lurking around other sites just getting news on the latest reissues and steelbooks. Eventually joined them and participated when I had the time. I didn't find out about MP until a couple of months ago, but this is already my favorite site. Love the community here. I'm really into getting premium editions now, especially if they include a 3D disc. In a relatively short time I've managed to put together a small collection of my favorites plus I'm in for most new 3D releases. Anyway, glad to be here! I work crazy hours so I don't get to post as much as I'd like, but if anyone wants to chat feel free to send me a PM.

p.s. my avatar is Bob from Reboot, my favorite animated TV show

• ★ Administrators ★

@deckard99 thanks so much for the nice introduction. Glad you like it here and we love having you with us. I'm also a huge Sci-Fi Fan and Comic Collector. I buy mostly also DC, I never really got into the Legion, since they had so many relaunches, but my brother bought some of the collections and they have great classic storys. I always liked when they showed up in some of the event series. Sadly they don't get much love from DC currently, no title ☹️

• ★ Administrators ★

I love the original Legion. I never got any of the relaunches. Was happy that mon-el appeared in supergirl and there was one episode of smallville with the legion as well. Never watched the cartoon. A new legion show could be awesome if done right. With the special effects available now I think it’s feasible. could limit the cast to 6 or so with cameos for others. I have a nice gold legion flight ring but I’m still figuring out how to make it work ?

• ★ Administrators ★

They would have to start with a smaller Team Movie, so that we can learn about them and the final movie in a Trilogy or so some epic Story like the Great Darkness Saga, with all the members ? I really don't get why Warner hast not understood the Marvel Cinematic Universe Concept yet, it's been 10 years ?

Archived