IGNORED

Bargain Hunting

• ★ Administrators ★

There are some real bargains to be had with a lot of FA titles now. 

The ridiculous retail prices they are pushing, is driving collectors away. Add in over priced large print run titles, that nobody particularly wants, and you have the cycle we are seeing now. 

Many long term, hard core, FA collectors are pulling out or drastically cutting back. 

Possible ‘New’ collectors are put off by high retail prices. 

Those disillusioned collectors are dumping their collection on eBay, thus Secondary Market prices are dropping like a stone. 

The days of glory for FA are over. 

There are Retailers out there offering equally as good products for less money. 

Just my opinion of course. But I’m one of those ‘long term, hard core’ FA collectors. 

On 5/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, DodgyDave said:

There are some real bargains to be had with a lot of FA titles now. 

The ridiculous retail prices they are pushing, is driving collectors away. Add in over priced large print run titles, that nobody particularly wants, and you have the cycle we are seeing now. 

Many long term, hard core, FA collectors are pulling out or drastically cutting back. 

Possible ‘New’ collectors are put off by high retail prices. 

Those disillusioned collectors are dumping their collection on eBay, thus Secondary Market prices are dropping like a stone. 

The days of glory for FA are over. 

There are Retailers out there offering equally as good products for less money. 

Just my opinion of course. But I’m one of those ‘long term, hard core’ FA collectors. 

So very true. Even the FA Xmen releases appear to be dropping now. I couldn’t justify those at the time of release, but may be encouraged to pick them off now.

I’ve actually moved away from FA in recent months, but seems I can now “back catalogue” a few on my wish list quite affordably now  

On 5/17/2018 at 9:30 AM, Scary Hair said:

Christmas is a real good time to pick up some right bargains. 

I always am on the hunt then 2764.png2764.png??.

Married to a Yorkshire Man I have to be hunting the bargins, as the being  tighter than a ducks bum has rubbed off on me?? .

I tend to lay off when I know I’m due a few MP invoices, but I must confess to having a few saved searches on the mobile ?

Nothing more satisfying than picking up a bargain... ??????

Archived