IGNORED

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - 40th Anniversary (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - 40th Anniversary (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]
On 3/8/2024 at 7:40 PM, hansreinhardt said:

So torn on this one. I really love it and feel obligated to buy it because... Star Trek. But will the other films follow with steels, I wonder?

team america vomit GIF

this above, the art is awful imho

and no guarantee of the others either

buy the zoom steels in a box from 2016 uk (pick up on the bay) and just simply upgrade the discs to 4k

winning game over GIF by PlayStation

from 2016

Star Trek 1-10 Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zoom Exclusive) [UK]

st1.jpg.d521e99147aff5c2207baa11ad24e2d4.jpg

st3.jpg.23d4b3044faa7dd3d46ae5592b63d324.jpg

st2.jpg.db7eef8b903a7db4ca34c4d4a53fd711.jpg

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Basil said:

team america vomit GIF

and no guarantee of the others either

buy the zoom steels in a box from 2016 uk (pick up on the bay) and just simply upgrade the discs to 4k

winning game over GIF by PlayStation

from 2016

Star Trek 1-10 Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zoom Exclusive) [UK]

st1.jpg.d521e99147aff5c2207baa11ad24e2d4.jpg

st3.jpg.23d4b3044faa7dd3d46ae5592b63d324.jpg

st2.jpg.db7eef8b903a7db4ca34c4d4a53fd711.jpg

basil 👍

I love the art on this TSFS steel but to each their own. I concede that it’s not as good as the original poster art, but I’m not too bothered about it regardless. 

The steels set you linked to are cool for sure. Not a fan of the gold banner on every one, but the spines all together is really neat. Reminds me of the original crew VHS releases where the spines combined showed the Enterprise:

IMG_2096.thumb.jpeg.ec3a0c0af7cbe810ef16303d18a62268.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 4:43 PM, hansreinhardt said:

I still wish we could get some true Star Trek premiums... *cough* CE *cough* 

talking star trek GIF

Hans why didn't you let me know about this?? You're supposed to be my Star Trek bro, and I had to find out by accident!

On 3/11/2024 at 3:41 AM, Basil said:

team america vomit GIF

I actually agree, this is kind of ass. I like the colors, but the teeny tiny ships facing off with a giant Spock head in the middle that probably won't be embossed? Meh.

And if they do steels for the other three 40th anniversaries, and even circle back to the first two, will they follow this motif and have other characters' heads displayed prominently? It can't be the rest of the crew, someone would be left behind. You could do Khan, Sybok/God and Chang I guess. Ilia for TMP, and Kirk because he needs to be on a cover and who else would even be chosen for Voyage Home? Gillian? The whales?

Actually yeah, screw Kirk. Have George and Gracie instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...