IGNORED

Best Buy is exiting the physical media business for good in 2024

ShadowWarrior

13 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

facetious

I dont know about this, kinda sounds like a medical condition 😉 , but it read pretty weirdly and us Aussies like taking the piss at things like this (typical Aussie humour, it means we like you and/or the topic). 

But I have to say that a midnight opening for VHS Titanic is just hard core!

• Haha 6

Awards

On 10/13/2023 at 10:15 PM, Fortis93 said:

We better keep an eye out.

JB Hi-Fi might bow out next. 😬 

Seeing all of the JB steels, just added to MP - they match BB's editions/covers - I dont know if this means that we will keep getting them at JB, or if they too will finish next year too...

Edited by sykobanana
  • Like 4

Awards

I was talking to one of the guys at my local best buy yesterday evening about this and he wasn't happy either but knew it was coming. like us he and some of his coworkers are big physical media guys. yeah amazon will have steels but as some said they have a bad habit of shipping them in those flimsy thin envelope shaped bags so when you get them your steelbook looks like it ran into an angry mike tyson in a dark alley. I reached out to amazon on facebook once about that and they said it was to reduce material waste something like and yet they'll still ship a small sized product with a much bigger box like a little tube of super glue in a box big enough for footwear. makes no sense. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I was talking to one of the guys at my local best buy yesterday evening about this and he wasn't happy either but knew it was coming. like us he and some of his coworkers are big physical media guys. yeah amazon will have steels but as some said they have a bad habit of shipping them in those flimsy thin envelope shaped bags so when you get them your steelbook looks like it ran into an angry mike tyson in a dark alley. I reached out to amazon on facebook once about that and they said it was to reduce material waste something like and yet they'll still ship a small sized product with a much bigger box like a little tube of super glue in a box big enough for footwear. makes no sense. 

I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when ordering from Amazon.

It could go either one of three ways:

1. It's packaged properly and the item made it out okay.

2 It's not packaged properly and the item somehow made it out okay.

3. It's not packaged properly and the item is f**ked.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I dont order from them at all since I saw which carrier they use in my area - they dont care about anything they deliver...

• Like 4

Awards

30 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

yup very true. I had to ship back two of the ultraman steelbooks (series 2 and 5) three or four times and still couldn't get one that was not binged up I finally walked into a best buy found the two I needed to complete the collection for that specific run. don't get me started on the condition both venom and super 8 steels came in from amazon. me personally if I can I like being able to walk in and look over the steelbooks as numerous times I've avoided those with small dents (sometimes hard to tell with the shrink wrap still on) sightly bent or the spine was slashed just by careful inspection. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

yup very true. I had to ship back two of the ultraman steelbooks (series 2 and 5) three or four times and still couldn't get one that was not binged up I finally walked into a best buy found the two I needed to complete the collection for that specific run. don't get me started on the condition both venom and super 8 steels came in from amazon. me personally if I can I like being able to walk in and look over the steelbooks as numerous times I've avoided those with small dents (sometimes hard to tell with the shrink wrap still on) sightly bent or the spine was slashed just by careful inspection. 

I'm tempted to cancel my existing pre-orders with Amazon because of this, but then I'll miss out on editions which have now gone out of stock.

This is why I wish we had more places like Best Buy.

JB Hi-Fi is limited with its exclusives compared to countries like Germany, the UK and the US.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

I'm tempted to cancel my existing pre-orders with Amazon because of this, but then I'll miss out on editions which have now gone out of stock.

This is why I wish we had more places like Best Buy.

JB Hi-Fi is limited with its exclusives compared to countries like Germany, the UK and the US.

I’m so sorry for all you guys that have had troubles with Amz., BB, etc., but I must be in the minority cause for the most part I’ve not had any banged up steels so far! :) 🙏 🎬 💿 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Veum said:

I’m so sorry for all you guys that have had troubles with Amz., BB, etc., but I must be in the minority cause for the most part I’ve not had any banged up steels so far! :) 🙏 🎬 💿 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

what cheat codes did you use to ensure that never happens. I'm ready to write them down lol

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4