IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (UHD Club UC#35) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD) [China]

ShadowWarrior

4 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

And the other one

image.thumb.png.a0828186563e42d8a113960cb6d8efbd.pngimage.thumb.png.2c71965986edf6b818e7dd1b736cd5cd.png

image.thumb.png.b59d3b03dc68c2c2316c4c87044ef535.png

So it looks as though the "B" versions will all have extended editions printed on the box, but not the "A"versions, which is a good thing for me because I ordered the A set. However, does this mean the extended edition won't be included in the A sets, just the theatrical cuts? 

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, ncraft said:

So it looks as though the "B" versions will all have extended editions printed on the box, but not the "A"versions, which is a good thing for me because I ordered the A set. However, does this mean the extended edition won't be included in the A sets, just the theatrical cuts? 

Both Beautyshots show the Extended Edition on the Dics. In the A BS you also see the case having Extended Edition on it, but is looks like they took that off.

14 hours ago, Basil said:

@extantsrevenge

Is it me or spine by the first B

Look like scratching or is that purposeful image????

I did not post an image for the spine of Edition B 😅. If you mean A, keep in mind that these are at the moment production samples, so I would assume it will not be present on the final item, even when some imperfections/differences can always happen on these handmade wooden cases.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Both Beautyshots show the Extended Edition on the Dics. In the A BS you also see the case having Extended Edition on it, but is looks like they took that off.

I did not post an image for the spine of Edition B 😅. If you mean A, keep in mind that these are at the moment production samples, so I would assume it will not be present on the final item, even when some imperfections/differences can always happen on these handmade wooden cases.

no i meant  "THE HOBBIT" being the first letter B

image.thumb.png.78e8e6876f3322515c7863e5c21f5cb3.png

and hopefully damage is just the sample and not printed like that deliberately compared to the other two spines which are very very nice 👍

basil 👍

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Basil said:

no i meant  "THE HOBBIT" being the first letter B

image.thumb.png.78e8e6876f3322515c7863e5c21f5cb3.png

and hopefully damage is just the sample and not printed like that deliberately compared to the other two spines which are very very nice 👍

basil 👍

So we have now received confirmation that these are no scratchmarks but actually part of the artwork. I have to admit that it looks a bit strange to have these lines, maybe it is supposed to recreate a battle worn look. Please keep in mind that UHD CLub can only use artwork that is provided by the studio, so it is not something UHD Club added to the art, but was always in it. I personally will be able to live with that 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

What's going on there? 

Desolation of Smaug has the Extended written on Cover A but Battle and Journey have it on B???

What??? 

That is a good observation. It is strange. The complete BS actually show that all A & B should have the Extended Edition text, the dedailed wooden case promo shots we had from Edition A did not have the text. It really should be consistend, either all A have it or non. Let's see if we can get furher info on this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

That is a good observation. It is strange. The complete BS actually show that all A & B should have the Extended Edition text, the dedailed wooden case promo shots we had from Edition A did not have the text. It really should be consistend, either all A have it or non. Let's see if we can get furher info on this.

More to the point can it still be fixed?

Eg extended edition added on to one's that don't have it so all the same still?

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
48 minutes ago, Basil said:

More to the point can it still be fixed?

Eg extended edition added on to one's that don't have it so all the same still?

The production samples vary due to the studio’s decision to enforce the extended edition text after the first samples were already done. The final versions of all editions will have the extended edition text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (UHD Club UC#35) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD) [China]