• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Basil said:

need some advice from my tech friends here possibly looking to get a 4k projector but issue im finding is a getting a 300 inch motorised projection screen

thinking of hanging one on the ceiling that comes down on motors.

soon as i look around at 300 inch they all have eyelets and need frames which is NOT what i want in the lounge.

the reason i need a motorised one from the ceiling is it will block off the dining room door way :D

thoughts are if you going to do it go big once.

your thoughts please?

basil 🙏

@Basil have you looked at one of your mates youtube, he did show how he put up his projector at some time! 😉

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiuQkrF9UoEQ1PMgQe0FY-A

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Veum said:

@Basil have you looked at one of your mates youtube, he did show how he put up his projector at some time! 😉

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiuQkrF9UoEQ1PMgQe0FY-A

no mike its getting the large size of 300 inches is the issue needs be either ceiling recessed or in a box on the ceiling fully motorised as this will be in the front room and has to be very tidy nothing like the home made stuff in that video my wife would not put up with that nor would i xD 

the width of lounge is 12ft 1" and could go wide as that :D and the length for info is 15ft 5"

https://www.projectors.co.uk/projector-screens/electric/ceiling-recessed/screen-int-giotto-hc-recessed-screen-160-x-90cm/

SCREENINTERNATIONALGIOTTOHCSCREEN

Edited by Basil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

no mike its getting the large size of 300 inches is the issue needs be either ceiling recessed or in a box on the ceiling fully motorised as this will be in the front room and has to be very tidy nothing like the home made stuff in that video my wife would not put up with that nor would i xD 

the width of lounge is 12ft 1" and could go wide as that :D

https://www.projectors.co.uk/projector-screens/electric/ceiling-recessed/screen-int-giotto-hc-recessed-screen-160-x-90cm/

SCREENINTERNATIONALGIOTTOHCSCREEN

I thought he did a great job with his home projector, but I can see your point, you want it like you want it! :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Basil said:

@Veum and @BobaFett1974 this would be where it would go across from left to right in front of radiator right across to where telly is on right

Hide contents

7 of 18

basil :D

Wow 😯 @Basil this is your new home, it is spacious & beautiful 😍 

How’d you get that on a mechanic’s salary 🤑😛 

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Veum said:

Wow 😯 @Basil this is your new home, it is spacious & beautiful 😍 

How’d you get that on a mechanic’s salary 🤑😛 

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

not in there yet but my uncle passed last year and left me everything in his will, made me promise him i would buy a forever home and not struggle in life like we both did generally ❤️

so this is going thru atm its up on the estate near my mum and dad as they both have not been so well in the last year the both had operations and my mum still not right but i need to be nearer her than i am currently, she has me still worried if im honest. currently waiting on some MRI scans for her 😟

she needs to walk properly again still limping bad after her spinal cord surgery and this is six month on at least now she should be right.

so some good wishes for her and for me getting into this house are required, great believer in positive thoughts can be of great help.

mines sold the bank have done there survey and thats passed, the new house is mine the surveys come back clean 👍

the people who are selling me theres the house they where buying the survey has found lots of issues so now they are looking again for another house they got 2 to view this week so hopefully they will find one.🤞🤞🤞

just need to get this over the line now then we can move this summer hopefully and i can put the upgrades i want before winter sets in.

more importantly get mum sorted out 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Desert Positive Vibes GIF by Yevbel

Bill Murray Help GIF by Groundhog Day

@Hollywood E Rock this was what i was on about a little while ago ☝️

basil 🙏

Edited by Basil
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

not in there yet but my uncle passed last year and left me everything in his will, made me promise him i would buy a forever home and not struggle in life like we both did generally ❤️

so this is going thru atm its up on the estate near my mum and dad as they both have not been so well in the last year the both had operations and my mum still not right but i need to be nearer her than i am currently, she has me still worried if im honest. currently waiting on some MRI scans for her 😟

she needs to walk properly again still limping bad after her spinal cord surgery and this is six month on at least now she should be right.

so some good wishes for her and for me getting into this house are required, great believer in positive thoughts can be of great help.

mines sold the bank have done there survey and thats passed, the new house is mine the surveys come back clean 👍

the people who are selling me theres the house they where buying the survey has found lots of issues so now they are looking again for another house they got 2 to view this week so hopefully they will find one.🤞🤞🤞

just need to get this over the line now then we can move this summer hopefully and i can put the upgrades i want before winter sets in.

more importantly get mum sorted out 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Desert Positive Vibes GIF by Yevbel

Bill Murray Help GIF by Groundhog Day

@Hollywood E Rock this was what i was on about a little while ago ☝️

basil 🙏

@Basil I 🙏 for your mum/dad’s full recovery ❤️🩹 and give your parents a big hug 🤗 from me as you are most fortunate to have your parents the older you get. 🙌

I hope you & your wife will have a smooth transition to your new home 🏡 & what a fantastic Uncle you have (I’ve never inherited anything)❣️

Edited by Veum
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb swish:

Warum amazon die Batman steels einzel verschickt und verrechnet verstehe ich nicht obwohl ich alles gleichzeitig bestellt habe 🤦🏻‍♂️

@swish Ja merkwürdig, aber sei froh.. Bei mir kam eines einzeln und die beiden anderen in fast der selben Umschlaggröße zusammengefercht. Man, da muss man schon von Glück reden, dass da nur die Folie gelitten hat. Alles Profis  ....    nicht.

Gruß, Wolfgang

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, swish said:

Doctor Strange 2 from 22.6 on Disney+
But unfortunately no Steelbook announcement yet

well there wont be most stuff goes to streaming now stays with them. especially disney who are pushing it that way.

one slight old example grey hound tom hanks ww2 film went to apple tv for lots of money

never made it still on streaming 2 years later and no planned release date blu ray or steelbook

but they bought it lock stock an barrel 295 million if i remember right

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Basil:

well there wont be most stuff goes to streaming now stays with them. especially disney who are pushing it that way.

one slight old example grey hound tom hanks ww2 film went to apple tv for lots of money

never made it still on streaming 2 years later and no planned release date blu ray or steelbook

but they bought it lock stock an barrel 295 million if i remember right

At least i will get the Movie in Imax format ;)

• Like 3