IGNORED

Dies und Das (2021)

extantsrevenge

vor einer Stunde schrieb Fortis93:

13320_tn.jpg

@hal56 Perfect timing, eh? 😉

Haha.  I saw this last night and was intending to mention it to you but you beat me to it.

Yeah. One is waiting forever 4 a release, you finally pull the trigger and bam,  theres a second release coming with a new 4k transfer (but why no 4k disc then, Paramount? Double dip?).

The Imprint is still very worthy because,  upon comparison, nearly all Imprint extras seem to be exclusive.

I think its prudent to skip the Paramount BR anyway and to wait for the inevitable 4k release.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 4

• Replies 105.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Muss ich noch loswerden:

Worte der Woche, heute durch eine Moderatorin im Radio verkündet:

"In Griechenland steigen die Infektionszahlen drastisch - von letzter Woche mit 600 auf diese Woche mit bereits 2000 je Tag.

Aber kein Grund zur Sorge - Pauschalreisen werden noch angeboten."

Was soll man da noch sagen.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Cornbuster:

Muss ich noch loswerden:

Worte der Woche, heute durch eine Moderatorin im Radio verkündet:

"In Griechenland steigen die Infektionszahlen drastisch - von letzter Woche mit 600 auf diese Woche mit bereits 2000 je Tag.

Aber kein Grund zur Sorge - Pauschalreisen werden noch angeboten."

Was soll man da noch sagen.

Man sollte die Dame einfach kommentarlos rausschmeißen…

head no GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Haha.  I saw this last night and was intending to mention it to you but you beat me to it.

Yeah. One is waiting forever 4 a release, you finally pull the trigger and bam,  theres a second release coming with a new 4k transfer (but why no 4k disc then, Paramount? Double dip?).

The Imprint is still very worthy because,  upon comparison, nearly all Imprint extras seem to be exclusive.

I think its prudent to skip the Paramount BR anyway and to wait for the inevitable 4k release.

Good point.

I still don't know whether to purchase the Paramount Pictures Presents editions of 48 Hrs. and Another 48 Hrs.

I'm hoping a 4K for both is on the horizon as both blu-rays are using new 4K remasters.

• Like 2

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Cornbuster:

Wenn ich mich umschaue, is jedoch genau das die Philosphie eines nicht unerheblichen Anteils unserer Gesellschaft - inklusive Politik.

Was erwartest du denn von einem Volk von Egoisten, die den Weitblick einer Eintagsfliege haben, Gefährdung der Mitbürger für die rücksichtslose Ausübung ihrer "persönlichen Freiheit" ohne zu zögern in Kauf nehmen und dann die ersten sind die jammern und sich beschweren, dass niemand etwas tut, wenn  s i e  durch ihr Verhalten den Karren in den Dreck fahren und etwaige Regelungen die dies verhindern sollten dann erst recht wieder kritisieren, weil diese sie "zu sehr einschränken".

Diese Leute Rindviecher zu nennen ist eine Beleidigung für die Tierwelt. 

Edited by hal56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

Good point.

I still don't know whether to purchase the Paramount Pictures Presents editions of 48 Hrs. and Another 48 Hrs.

I'm hoping a 4K for both is on the horizon as both blu-rays are using new 4K remasters.

I am not buying them now. 

Sooner or later, there will be a 4k release.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hal56 said:

What do you expect from a people of egoists who have the foresight of a mayfly, endanger their fellow citizens for the reckless exercise of their "personal freedom" without hesitation and then the first are the ones who complain and complain that nobody does anything, if you drive the cart in the mud through your behavior and criticize any regulations that should prevent this, because they "restrict you too much".

To call these people cattle is an insult to wildlife. 

Plenty of idiots like this in our current lockdown who believe these laws are an infringement on their 'freedom', ie, they think this whole thing is fake or overblown and so will continue to go out and live life as they see fit (also our government's fault in not enforcing a harsher lockdown).

Cases are continuing to rise here and our lockdown looks to be extended from a week to a couple of months.

Bloody frustrating. It's a mess.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Sad 6

53 minutes ago, hal56 said:

11 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Good point.

6 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I am not buying them now. 

Sooner or later, there will be a 4k release.

This is the conundrum I’ve been wrestling with, to pull the trigger or not pull the trigger when it comes to certain releases. I’ve been purchasing the Paramount Presents releases, but with each purchase I find myself thinking “I’m I cheating myself out of the best version of this movie if a 4K version eventually comes out?” 

It’s a little frustrating sometimes, because what determines the best version to own of a movie depends on a list of circumstances. In comparison collecting music is more simple, right now vinyl is the best format to own music physically. 

• Like 4

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

This is the conundrum I’ve been wrestling with, to pull the trigger or not pull the trigger when it comes to certain releases. I’ve been purchasing the Paramount Presents releases, but with each purchase I find myself thinking “I’m I cheating myself out of the best version of this movie if a 4K version eventually comes out?” 

It’s a little frustrating sometimes, because what determines the best version to own of a movie depends on a list of circumstances. In comparison collecting music is more simple, right now vinyl is the best format to own music physically. 

Its a quandary indeed.

As is the knowledge how to "solve" it: me buying the blu, because this almost certainly triggers a 4k release 😖🙈

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cornbuster said:

When I look around, however, that is exactly the philosophy of a not inconsiderable part of our society - including politics.

1 hour ago, hal56 said:

What do you expect from a people of egoists who have the foresight of a mayfly, endanger their fellow citizens for the ruthless exercise of their "personal freedom" without hesitation and then the first are the ones who complain and complain that nobody does anything If you drive the cart in the dirt with your behavior and criticize any regulations that should prevent this, because they "restrict you too much".

To call these people cattle is an insult to wildlife. 

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

Plenty of idiots like this in our current lockdown who believe these laws are an infringement on their 'freedom', ie, they think this whole thing is fake or overblown and so will continue to go out and live life as they see fit (also our government's fault in not ensuring a harsher lockdown).

Cases are continuing to rise here and our lockdown looks to be extended from a week to a couple of months.

Bloody frustrating. It's a mess.

I talk with my girlfriend all the time about people’s idea of what it means to be free. From my observations a lot of humans define freedom as being able to literally do as they please without any consequences or accountability.

The problem with that is when you choose to live in a society that is structured, with rules & such that definition of freedom completely collides with the culture of a structured society.

There is a responsibility that we have to one another because we all share the planet, but people don’t want that responsibility. I understand why an individual doesn’t want that kind of burden, but a person who sees the world that self centeredly can be dangerous depending on the circumstances as we all have been witnessing.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 6