IGNORED

Dark Shadows

Veum

image.jpeg.12004aad94e989cc539ccb482c6e777f.jpeg

I have the great big coffin ⚰️ DVD’s & I’m watching them periodically... I’m so much enjoying them🧛‍♂️

image.jpeg.051c82f6926c34aafd35e3469c76ce78.jpeg

image.thumb.png.1ed5f1f84849e8e27777d1389f3bb55e.png

Do any of my Psycho friends enjoy this 1960’s spooky, hilarious (at times), live w/bloopers soap opera?🧛‍♂️

Storyline

The story of Dark Shadows begins with newly hired governess Victoria Winters arriving at Collinwood, the Collins' estate in Collinsport, Maine in search of her mysterious origins. She soon is caught up in the strange events and mysteries that seem to surround the Collins family. Eventually, the Collins' "cousin from England", Barnabas Collins, arrives and takes the show in a new direction; his vampire curse introduces a new history of the Collins family. Part of this revised history is the popular character of the witch Angelique whose jealously led to the tragic death of Barnabas' great love Josette and who placed the curse upon Barnabas.

Edited by Veum

• 6 months later...

🥤🍿📺

DARK SHADOWS 🧛‍♂️🧟‍♂️👻☠️

image.jpeg.3e831ea741f974eb1ab2067068c755f4.jpeg

image.jpeg.44c9d1a35fb8927d1388038deb1b7abc.jpeg

Watched tonight:

Episodes

316. At the cemetary, Burke arrives and takes David home before Barnabas can determine what David knows.
 317. Upon seeing Sarah's tomb, Dr. Woodard realizes the little girl Sarah who appeared to Maggie, David and Sam is a ghost.
 318. Dr. Woodard questions David about Sarah and notifies Julia he is taking Maggie out of her care.

319. Hoping to find Maggie's kidnapper, Sam and the sheriff decide to set a trap by pretending Maggie's memory is returning.
 320. In a terrifying nightmare, Barnabas appears to David with his fangs bared.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaksu said:

@Veum  Unfortunately I have not. :| 

I've never heard about this show.  That "coffin" dvd set looks nice tho.   😎 There is also a movie about that show. Is it any good? That mansion which is in the show looks beautiful.

🥤Hey @Jaksu Yeah the coffin set is absolutely fantastic! 🤩

This is just my opinion  on the Depp “Dark Shadows” film, I think it did a disservice to Dan Curtis’ Dark Shadows! However there. was some nice ambiance there!😉

Spoiler

Here are 2 of Dan Curtis’ Dark Shadows films I have and enjoy:

image.jpeg.368ca12d3f62cde91465f8f8122265f9.jpeg

A painter and his wife move into a home and find themselves plagued by ghosts and spirits of his ancestors that used to be witches.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.5754acbaaea0c134d6add778abd3c429.jpeg 

The story of vampire Barnabas Collins, the possible cure offered by Dr. Julia Hoffman, and his search for love amidst the horror.

Spoiler

There is also another TV series of Dark Shadows that is great IMO 

* I so hoped they would have continued this wonderful series (they botched this not continuing this series as it was/is extremely loved/popular!)😉

image.jpeg.5c9daa813d2512609baa22c85e8f95e2.jpeg

Dark Shadows: The Revival

1991 TV Series

Dark Shadows is an American prime time gothic soap opera television series which aired on NBC from January 13 to March 22, 1991. A re-imagining of the 1966–71 ABC daytime gothic soap opera Dark Shadows, the revival was developed by Dan Curtis, creator of the original series.
Spoiler

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Caktus26 said:

@Veum

Where did you buy that boxset?

@Caktus26 I bought it from Oldies.com at a much cheaper price then they are wanting it for today $531.20 😳 (I think I bought it for around $250 back in the day hey!).

this coffin box is pretty expensive on Amazon, the cheapest I’m seeing it is from some dealers on eBay.com going around $300 (I think I got a real good deal if I remember back in the day).

Here is a nice info (*below) as this boxset has been counterfeited quite a lot unfortunately

How to tell if your Dark Shadows disc is a counterfeit

I hope you can find a set my friend, I’m sure you’d enjoy it!😊

• Like 2

🥤🍿📺

DARK SHADOWS 🧛‍♂️🧟‍♂️👻☠️

Watched tonight:

Episodes

321. Believing Maggie's memory is returning, Barnabas decides he must kill her.
 322. Guarding the Evans' cottage, the deputies shoot a figure in the woods as it approaches Maggie's room.
 323. Everyone learns that Willie was the intruder outside Maggie's room and that he's clinging to life after being shot.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

🥤🍿📺📀

DARK SHADOWS 🧛‍♂️🧟‍♂️👻☠️

Watched tonight:

Episodes

398. On a mission for Angelique, Ben is caught in Abigail's room and locked up after confessing the witch sent him.
 399. Certain Vicki is hiding there, Abigail requests Trask exorcise the Old House.
 400. During Trask's exorcism, Angelique causes Vicki's room to catch fire, sending Vicki out of the house and into Trask's arms.
 401. Barnabas forces Ben to reveal the witch's identity by spelling out the first letter of Angelique's name.

402. Barnabas attempts to kill Angelique, first by poisoning, then with a dagger.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1