Jump to content
IGNORED

Richard form Connecticut, USA


Doveshack
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, everyone! I just discovered this site through Reddit and I thought I'd sign up. I've always loved movies and videogames. Some of my favorite filmmakers are Christopher Nolan, Denis Villeneuve, David Fincher and Michael Mann (to name a few). I got into steelbooks in the mid-2000's and my obsession over getting the perfect steelbook for a movie/game that I love as increased in the past fews years. Honestly, I had no idea there were international releases, multiple editions or lenticular covers! For example- I couldn't buy Dunkirk in the US in 4K in a steelbook (Tom Hardy cover was the best IMO) but I probably could've found it on a group buy somewhere on here. I also didn't love the Logan US Steelbook but man there were some sexy versions overseas. Sicario was my favorite film of  2015, it didn't even get a Steelbook release in the states and there are some BEAUTIFUL releases for it elsewhere that I didn't even know about! My biggest steelbook regret is not picking up the first few Marvel movies at Best Buy because I don't have Phase 1 in Steelbook at it makes my eyes hurt. On a bright note, Best Buy seems to be re releasing the Avengers in steelbook in April so at least I can remedy that problem. 

Anyway, I'm new here so thanks for your warm welcome! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Doveshack said:

Hello, everyone! I just discovered this site through Reddit and I thought I'd sign up. I've always loved movies and videogames. Some of my favorite filmmakers are Christopher Nolan, Denis Villeneuve, David Fincher and Michael Mann (to name a few). I got into steelbooks in the mid-2000's and my obsession over getting the perfect steelbook for a movie/game that I love as increased in the past fews years. Honestly, I had no idea there were international releases, multiple editions or lenticular covers! For example- I couldn't buy Dunkirk in the US in 4K in a steelbook (Tom Hardy cover was the best IMO) but I probably could've found it on a group buy somewhere on here. I also didn't love the Logan US Steelbook but man there were some sexy versions overseas. Sicario was my favorite film of  2015, it didn't even get a Steelbook release in the states and there are some BEAUTIFUL releases for it elsewhere that I didn't even know about! My biggest steelbook regret is not picking up the first few Marvel movies at Best Buy because I don't have Phase 1 in Steelbook at it makes my eyes hurt. On a bright note, Best Buy seems to be re releasing the Avengers in steelbook in April so at least I can remedy that problem. 

Anyway, I'm new here so thanks for your warm welcome! 

 

 

Thanks for the intro and I'm sure you will see, you will be able to pick up just about every worldwide release going here and long as you and your wallet can stay friends that is ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi there @Doveshack!

 

Nice intro! If you really liked Sicario then definitely check out the Plain Archive GB going on right now HERE! Look's like its gonna be a great release.

 

I also didn't know Best Buy was gonna be re-releasing some Marvel steels in April! Guess i'll have to make note of that and be sure to grab some!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

On 2/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, Sheikah said:

Hi there @Doveshack!

 

Nice intro! If you really liked Sicario then definitely check out the Plain Archive GB going on right now HERE! Look's like its gonna be a great release.

 

I also didn't know Best Buy was gonna be re-releasing some Marvel steels in April! Guess i'll have to make note of that and be sure to grab some!

Thank you for the head up on the GB for Sicario! I've never done one before and I had a few questions:

  • Is there a way to see the cost?
  • Does each Type come with a steelbook, slip and a blu-ray?
  • How and when do you pay?

I'm absolutely into it I just don't want to get in over my head. Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • ★ Administrators ★
On 26.2.2018 at 2:00 PM, Doveshack said:

Thank you for the head up on the GB for Sicario! I've never done one before and I had a few questions:

  • Is there a way to see the cost?
  • Does each Type come with a steelbook, slip and a blu-ray?
  • How and when do you pay?

I'm absolutely into it I just don't want to get in over my head. Thanks!

 

 

@Doveshack to answer some of your questions ?

 

Yes all of these Slips offered in the GB include the Steelbook.

Plain Archive has not revealed the prise yet. You will pay the retail prize + 2$ GB Fees.

As for the rest check out MP Group Buy rules.

 

Hope I could clear that up a little for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy