IGNORED

Richard form Connecticut, USA

Doveshack

Hello, everyone! I just discovered this site through Reddit and I thought I'd sign up. I've always loved movies and videogames. Some of my favorite filmmakers are Christopher Nolan, Denis Villeneuve, David Fincher and Michael Mann (to name a few). I got into steelbooks in the mid-2000's and my obsession over getting the perfect steelbook for a movie/game that I love as increased in the past fews years. Honestly, I had no idea there were international releases, multiple editions or lenticular covers! For example- I couldn't buy Dunkirk in the US in 4K in a steelbook (Tom Hardy cover was the best IMO) but I probably could've found it on a group buy somewhere on here. I also didn't love the Logan US Steelbook but man there were some sexy versions overseas. Sicario was my favorite film of  2015, it didn't even get a Steelbook release in the states and there are some BEAUTIFUL releases for it elsewhere that I didn't even know about! My biggest steelbook regret is not picking up the first few Marvel movies at Best Buy because I don't have Phase 1 in Steelbook at it makes my eyes hurt. On a bright note, Best Buy seems to be re releasing the Avengers in steelbook in April so at least I can remedy that problem. 

Anyway, I'm new here so thanks for your warm welcome! 

Just now, Doveshack said:

Hello, everyone! I just discovered this site through Reddit and I thought I'd sign up. I've always loved movies and videogames. Some of my favorite filmmakers are Christopher Nolan, Denis Villeneuve, David Fincher and Michael Mann (to name a few). I got into steelbooks in the mid-2000's and my obsession over getting the perfect steelbook for a movie/game that I love as increased in the past fews years. Honestly, I had no idea there were international releases, multiple editions or lenticular covers! For example- I couldn't buy Dunkirk in the US in 4K in a steelbook (Tom Hardy cover was the best IMO) but I probably could've found it on a group buy somewhere on here. I also didn't love the Logan US Steelbook but man there were some sexy versions overseas. Sicario was my favorite film of  2015, it didn't even get a Steelbook release in the states and there are some BEAUTIFUL releases for it elsewhere that I didn't even know about! My biggest steelbook regret is not picking up the first few Marvel movies at Best Buy because I don't have Phase 1 in Steelbook at it makes my eyes hurt. On a bright note, Best Buy seems to be re releasing the Avengers in steelbook in April so at least I can remedy that problem. 

Anyway, I'm new here so thanks for your warm welcome! 

Thanks for the intro and I'm sure you will see, you will be able to pick up just about every worldwide release going here and long as you and your wallet can stay friends that is ;)

Hi there @Doveshack!

Nice intro! If you really liked Sicario then definitely check out the Plain Archive GB going on right now HERE! Look's like its gonna be a great release.

I also didn't know Best Buy was gonna be re-releasing some Marvel steels in April! Guess i'll have to make note of that and be sure to grab some!

Awards

On 2/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, Sheikah said:

Hi there @Doveshack!

Nice intro! If you really liked Sicario then definitely check out the Plain Archive GB going on right now HERE! Look's like its gonna be a great release.

I also didn't know Best Buy was gonna be re-releasing some Marvel steels in April! Guess i'll have to make note of that and be sure to grab some!

Thank you for the head up on the GB for Sicario! I've never done one before and I had a few questions:

• Is there a way to see the cost?
  • Does each Type come with a steelbook, slip and a blu-ray?
  • How and when do you pay?

I'm absolutely into it I just don't want to get in over my head. Thanks!

• ★ Administrators ★
On 26.2.2018 at 2:00 PM, Doveshack said:

Thank you for the head up on the GB for Sicario! I've never done one before and I had a few questions:

• Is there a way to see the cost?
  • Does each Type come with a steelbook, slip and a blu-ray?
  • How and when do you pay?

I'm absolutely into it I just don't want to get in over my head. Thanks!

@Doveshack to answer some of your questions ?

Yes all of these Slips offered in the GB include the Steelbook.

Plain Archive has not revealed the prise yet. You will pay the retail prize + 2$ GB Fees.

As for the rest check out MP Group Buy rules.

Hope I could clear that up a little for you.

Archived