La Femme Nikita (1990) (4K UHD Steelbook) [USA]

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Nikita (1990) (4K UHD Steelbook) [USA]
  • Gary K changed the title to La Femme Nikita (1990) (4K UHD Steelbook) [USA]
  • Gary K unlocked this topic
24 minutes ago, tigrou82 said:

Hi Psychos ! 😁

Yes ! Great steelbook ! 👍

But I'm wondering... 🤔

In France, the film is only called "NIKITA"...

For us, "la femme NIKITA" doesn't mean anything...

Is it a working title ?

confused the lion king GIF

Have a good day ! 🤘

That’s how the studio decided to name it for the American audience which, I agree, is utterly ridiculous.

It means absolutely nothing and is the sole reason why I’ll not be getting this otherwise cool steelbook.

• Like 4

Il y a 5 heures, R1s1ngs0n a dit :

That’s how the studio decided to name it for the American audience which, I agree, is utterly ridiculous.

It means absolutely nothing and is the sole reason why I’ll not be getting this otherwise cool steelbook.

I think like you...

it's a shame...

the steelbook is superb !

🤘

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

1 hour ago, tigrou82 said:

I think like you...

it's a shame...

the steelbook is superb !

🤘

I personally have no problem with the name as it's always been that way for the USA, and since this is a USA release it is not aimed at the French market. If this is WWA then maybe there will be a release in France with the original "Nikita" title?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deckard99 said:

I personally have no problem with the name as it's always been that way for the USA, and since this is a USA release it is not aimed at the French market. If this is WWA then maybe there will be a release in France with the original "Nikita" title?

It baffles me when distributors in English speaking countries find the need to change or add unnecessary, not to mention downright ridiculous, title extensions to foreign releases that already have a perfectly good and catchy title.

La Femme Nikita 

Leon: The Professional

The Raid: Redemption 
America GIF by Big Brother

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

It baffles me when distributors in English speaking countries find the need to change or add unnecessary, not to mention downright ridiculous, title extensions to foreign releases that already have a perfectly good and catchy title.

La Femme Nikita 

Leon: The Professional

The Raid: Redemption 
America GIF by Big Brother

It often has to do with trademark issues - when the simple  original ex-us title has already been used, extensions are added.  

• Like 5

Il y a 16 heures, deckard99 a dit :

Hi ! 😁

It's clear that if this steelbook comes out in France, I'll take it !

On the other hand, for sure, he will come out with just "NIKITA"... Otherwise, there will be more riots !

Burning France GIF by Storyful

Have a good day ! 🤘

• Like 2
  • Haha 2