Open Club  ·  39 members  ·  Free

Star Trek Club
IGNORED

Favorite Characters!

InfiniteDoors

Share with everyone who your favorite Captain is, as well as First Officer, Doctor, Engineer, alien, villain, one-off or forgotten character, recurring character, celebrity cameo, dog, terrible father, terrific father, Jeffrey Combs role, badmiral, hybrid, love interest, synthetic being, godlike being not named Q, godlike being named Q, child, holodeck character, main cast member who wasn't in every season, "the first" blank, bald guy, and so on!

And of course, your all-time favorite character ever.

I'll start. My favorite character is the classic, the OG, the most iconic character in the history of Star Trek: Spock, played by the late great Leonard Nimoy.

star trek GIF by NowThis

• Like 3

I've spent awhile now trying to figure out who my favorite character might be. I keep coming back to Seven of Nine. 

YWZlMzFkOGEtOWRkMS00OGI4LThkZDMtMzg3MjJlNGJkNjAx_7of9_s7_b.thumb.jpg.5b5b6d809cb2811ec0a4ed8cf913fb7c.jpgSeven_of_Nine2C_2399.thumb.webp.21665d8cdf296e23a31aff41ba42b98c.webp

I loved her character arc, masterfully acted by Jeri Ryan. Her liberation from the Borg and subsequent struggle to re-integrate into a crew, all while finding her humanity really resonated with me during my formative years. Seven was such a badass too: the smarts, the strength, the catsuit—all of it. Pure badass. I also loved that she always fought for her convictions, which is a hallmark throughout Trek. 

Was overjoyed to see her turn up in Picard, and I thought Ryan did a really nice job of evolving the character further. I'm so glad she ended up back in Starfleet, and eventual Captain.

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I've spent awhile now trying to figure out who my favorite character might be. I keep coming back to Seven of Nine. 

Good choice, Seven is my #4. Even with all the problems I have with the Borg post-TNG, she was an excellent addition with tons of great stories. Not too shabby for a "Borg babe"... Thanks Berman and Braga, your idea didn't suck!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

It's funny how they implemented the same idea for Enterprise, and once again their blatant attempt at sex appeal (much worse this time) resulted in a fantastic character in spite of them. I love T'Pol, who is my #3

They at least tried to explain the catsuit with Seven in-universe, even though their reasoning was shaky at best. T'Pol's uniform made no sense whatsoever. But yeah, such a great character regardless! 

How many characters have you ranked? My second choice was Data.

1256.data_2D00_star_2D00_trek_2D00_meme_2D00_i711.jpg.a869b75bc46a5ac487f4e15e999dfb2b.jpg

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

They at least tried to explain the catsuit with Seven in-universe, even though their reasoning was shaky at best. T'Pol's uniform made no sense whatsoever. But yeah, such a great character regardless! 

I wouldn't even call the in-universe explanation good, it just makes the Doctor look like a huge pervert. Which he kinda is tbh (ironically he's my #2), but yeah that's at least something over no reason for the Vulcan uniform to be so tight-fitting. And then eventually those jumpsuits T'Pol starts wearing, which are technically classified as casual duty attire. I don't know why they didn't just put her in the standard Starfleet uniform, it's not like Hoshi is wearing a potato sack and you can't see her figure. T'Pol looked great the one out of two times she wore one!

twilight-259.jpg

19 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

How many characters have you ranked? My second choice was Data.

All of the main characters, and Data is #8.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

I don't know why they didn't just put her in the standard Starfleet uniform, it's not like Hoshi is wearing a potato sack and you can't see her figure. T'Pol looked great the one out of two times she wore one!

Same goes for that time Seven wore a standard uniform as well: 

voy218-1.jpg.b5cbf8d529cb445a45dbc9953ba4db4a.jpg

4 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

it just makes the Doctor look like a huge pervert. Which he kinda is tbh (ironically he's my #2)

I do love The Doctor (Joe?) but yeah, "Body and Soul" proved your statement to be true 

• Like 1

Just now, hansreinhardt said:

@InfiniteDoors So I'm curious, what "newer" character is closest to the top for you? Out of everything post-Discovery revival. 

Season 1 Nickelodeon GIF by Paramount+

But seriously, I would probably say.... well I'd have to choose between Lorca, Saru, Admiral Vance, David Cronenberg, Laris, Jankom Pog, and..... Hologram Janeway.

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy