IGNORED

There Will Be Blood (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

I love this movie.

I remember very well the day I saw it at the cinema: it was an early session, in the afternoon, it was sunny, and I don't know why I ended up in a cinema far from my house. 

The theater was almost empty, and even so, to avoid a group that I saw were going to make noise, I sat in one of the first rows, near the screen. Looking up a bit.

The first 20 minutes left me petrified.

Pure cinema. In my opinion, brutal without the need to fall into the clichés of today's blockbuster cinema. As brutal as life itself, as those years in the American West must have been. 

And the title. In Spain they made the mistake of titling it "Wells of Ambition". An absurd and superficial title probably chosen by someone who did not like the film.

"There will be blood". Perfect.

And there was. Because there had to be, it was a physical world, where hands were still stiffening as you struggled to survive, to progress, to survive again. 

I wish there was -someday- a collector's edition. 

• Thanks 1