IGNORED

Tuntematon Sotilas (The Unknown Soldier) [FI]

nefilim

Plot : A film adaptation of Väinö Linna's best selling novel The Unknown Soldier (1954) and the novel's unedited manuscript version, Sotaromaani. (War Novel)

Director : Aku Louhimies

Stars : Samuel Vauramo, Jarkko Lahti, Juho Milonoff

8a30758dfd28b9182709bada3695219e.thumb.jpg.4c6ceeafa7be768ba7a2059d37354fd2.jpg

The Unknown Soldier by Aku Louhimies is now in production with delivery in October 2017. The film is based on a bestseller by Väinö Linna, published in 1954. The production budget for the film and a four part television series is the biggest ever for a Finnish language film. The Unknown Soldier is a story of a platoon of ordinary Finnish soldiers in the battlefield between Finland and the Soviet Union during the Second World War.

“It is great to be involved in a film interpretation specifically based on Väinö Linna’s Sotaromaani – not simply repeating an earlier film version, but doing our completely own version and artistic vision of this story that is so important to Finns.”  says Eero Aho, who plays Rokka in the film.

• ★ Administrators ★

@nefilim thanks for sharing !

i for one would love to watch the movie , the trailer looks interesting and is exactly my type of movie .... I did not see any subs so i dont know what they were saying .

Im sure it will have an English ton spur so im not to worried about the subs being or not being present...

Thanks again for sharing !! 

Take care

John

5 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

@nefilim thanks for sharing !

i for one would love to watch the movie , the trailer looks interesting and is exactly my type of movie .... I did not see any subs so i dont know what they were saying .

Im sure it will have an English ton spur so im not to worried about the subs being or not being present...

Thanks again for sharing !! 

Take care

John

Thanks MB ! ?

I'm pretty sure that even the trailer will get translated/subs. I'll keep MP posted and you tagged !

• 1 month later...

Väinö Linna's The Unknown Soldier is something very Finnish. We had to read the book in high school and analyze the characters.

Also we went to see the old version of this film in comprehensive school and our teachers were very strict about the way we had to behave there.

I'm looking forward to this as well since my grandpa never talked about the wartime.

He had his friends and they shared the war stories but to me he never ever talked about them even though I asked many times.

Perhaps he felt like it would be awkward to talk about the war with granddaughter, or maybe even more he wanted to forget about the whole thing.

I have his medals and stuff but they are still a complete mystery to me. 

On 8/6/2017 at 2:09 AM, ukade2327 said:

Just watched the trailer . Looks to be an epic type of war movie , interesting to see a film from a different country's perspective instead of the usual German , English , American views .....we sometimes forget it was a World War ....... Wonder if this will get an international release....?

I actually wrote to the prodution company and asked. No answer yet. I'm pretty sure they're gonna release it abroad.

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

The more clips I see of this the more I want to see the film........

Btw. What has not been said in this thread, is that author Väinö Linna in fact served in machine gun platoon and the book this movie is based is based on true facts. He served as nco. His book got first very controversial reception because it did not gloryfy Finnish soldiers and it's High Command. It's was cut and censored and so it gained the status as it has now. Only recently uncensored parts are resotred. This version of the film should include them. We shall see.

This is the third film made out of the book.

4 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Btw. What has not been said in this thread, is that author Väinö Linna in fact served in machine gun platoon and the book this movie is based is based on true facts. He served as nco. His book got first very controversial reception because it did not gloryfy Finnish soldiers and it's High Command. It's was cut and censored and so it gained the status as it has now. Only recently uncensored parts are resotred. This version of the film should include them. We shall see.

This is the third film made out of the book.

have you read the book......?......I bet the restored edition is a best seller....people always want to know the truth ...especially if the Government has kept it from them..............over here there's a "D "Notice limit of 50 years ...then the truth will come out ................usually....

1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

have you read the book......?......I bet the restored edition is a best seller....people always want to know the truth ...especially if the Government has kept it from them..............over here there's a "D "Notice limit of 50 years ...then the truth will come out ................usually....

Yes. But not yet the uncut edition. But will buy it asap.

• 2 months later...

Archived