IGNORED

Marvel Miscellaneous

Pbsw23

The Galaxy's Deadliest Hunter Comes to Marvel Comics in 'Predator' #1

All-new 'Predator' stories from writer Ed Brisson and artist Kev Walker coming in July.

BY MARVEL
This July, the remorseless alien killer known as the Predator embarks on a new hunt!

Marvel Comics is proud to bring readers thrilling new stories starring this lethal terror in a brand-new comic series. Written by Ed Brisson (IRON FIST, GHOST RIDER) and artist Kev Walker (DR. STRANGE, DOCTOR APHRA), PREDATOR will deliver all the explosive action and relentless horror that fans have come to expect from this pop culture icon.

The story kicks off when a young girl sees her family slaughtered by a Predator. Years later, though her ship is barely holding together and food is running short, Theta won’t stop stalking the spaceways until the Yautja monster who killed her family is dead…or she is. 

“I've been obsessed with Predator since first seeing the film at the drive-in theater as a kid. I can still remember sitting there in horrified fascination and then acting out the movie for my classmates the following week at school. I bought the VHS and wore the hell out of the tape. Getting to write the characters launch for Marvel is a dream come true. When they offered me the gig, I already had a million ideas ready to go,” Brisson said. “Not only am I excited to write a PREDATOR book, but I'm doubly excited to be working with Kev Walker on the series. The pages he's turned in so far and mind-blowing. He's delivered awe-inspiring alien planets; huge, blood-pumping action scenes: and devastatingly emotional beats all in the space of the first issue. I really think we're making something quite special here.”

Predator #1 Cover by Leinil Francis Yu Predator #1 Cover by Leinil Francis Yu

PREDATOR #1
Written by ED BRISSON
Art by KEV WALKER
Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
On Sale 7/6

Since making its debut in the landmark 1987 film, the Predator has invaded media in film, comic books, video games, and more. Brace yourselves for this action-packed, heartbreaking, unforgettable new chapter in the PREDATOR saga when PREDATOR #1 hits stands on July 6th!

• Like 2

5A5AFA7C-D7DD-4429-AAF9-E2047C2C473B.jpeg

THE ICONIC CINEMATIC TERROR MAKES ITS MARVEL DEBUT! Gabriel Cruz gave his life to Weyland-Yutani--In the case of an alien attack he barely survived, almost literally! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android, but his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly…and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorph are far from over. Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up to tell an all-new tale of the titan of horror and science fiction that has scared audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

Marvel and ESPN Share Homage Covers Featuring NFL Draft Players

See the emerging football stars recreate classic Marvel covers!

Go long, True Believers! ESPN and Marvel Comics have teamed up to craft special comic covers commemorating the 2022 NFL Draft!

As announced yesterday, players Matt Araiza, Ikem "Ickey" Ekwonu, Aidan Hutchinson, and Malik Willis got the Marvel treatment in four homage covers, recreating classic moments in Marvel history featuring Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America.

Take a look here to compare the classic and the reimagined covers!

MATT ARAIZA: HOMAGE TO THOR (1966) #365 COVER BY WALT SIMONSON

HOMAGE TO THOR (1966) #365 COVER BY WALT SIMONSON NFL cover by Fabian Harms.

ICKEY EKWONU: HOMAGE TO HULK (2008) #11 COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS

HOMAGE TO HULK (2008) #11 COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS NFL cover by Marco Itri.

AIDAN HUTCHINSON: HOMAGE TO CAPTAIN AMERICA (2002) #4 COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY

HOMAGE TO CAPTAIN AMERICA (2002) #4 COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY NFL cover by Fabian Harms.

MALIK WILLIS: HOMAGE TO THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN (2004) #3 COVER BY ADI GRANOV

HOMAGE TO THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN (2004) #3 COVER BY ADI GRANOV NFL cover by Roberto Di Salvo.

• Like 1

The Predator Hunts the Marvel Universe in Fearsome New Variant Covers

This July, see your favorite Marvel heroes pitted against galaxy’s deadliest hunter in new covers

In anticipation of an all-new Predator stories coming to Marvel Comics later in July, the extraterrestrial hunter will also steal the spotlight on a series of chilling variant covers. Across twenty breathtaking pieces by the industry’s top talents, fans will get to witness their favorite Marvel Super Heroes in epic showdowns with the iconic and terrifying Predator. 

Since making its debut in the landmark 1987 film, the remorseless alien killer has invaded pop culture in film, comic books, video games, and more. Now, the Predator begins a new conquest in a comic series launching this summer. Capturing the horrifying, unforgiving nature of Predator with classic Marvel Comics storytelling, these outstanding covers are sure to capture the imagination of both Marvel and Predator fans as they prepare for the launch of PREDATOR #1 by Ed Brisson and Kev Walker!

Don’t miss your chance to enjoy this unparalleled mashup by collecting each Predator variant cover starting this July.

HULK #9 Predator Variant Cover by Dale Keown

On Sale 7/6
CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by IBAN COELLO
JANE FOSTER & THE MIGHTY THOR #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUNG-GEUN YOON

On Sale 7/13
SAVAGE AVENGERS #3 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by MIRKA ANDOLFO
WOLVERINE #23 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by KYLE HOTZ

On Sale 7/20
AVENGERS #58 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by E.M. GIST
MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #40 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by MATTIA DE IULIS

On Sale 7/27
IRON CAT #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by MIKE MAYHEW
X-MEN #13 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JAMES STOKOE

On Sale August
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CORY SMITH
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
AVENGERS FOREVER #8 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUAN JOSE RYP
CAPTAIN MARVEL #40 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CARY NORD
DAREDEVIL #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
DEFENDERS: BEYOND #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by RON LIM
FANTASTIC FOUR #46 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by SUPERLOG
GENIS-VELL: CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE
HULK #9 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by DALE KEOWN
IRON MAN #22 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by BJORN BARENDS
MS. MARVEL & WOLVERINE #1 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by HUMBERTO RAMOS
THOR #27 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by RAHZZAH

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Get Your First Look at 'Star Wars: The Mandalorian' #1

Check out all eight covers and interior artwork for 'Star Wars: The Mandalorian' #1, on sale July 6.

The saga of the Mandalorian comes to Marvel Comics!

Kicking off in July, STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN will be an eight-issue adaptation of the Disney+ series’ first season, giving fans a chance to relive the events and characters of Season 1 through the lens of writer Rodney Barnes and artist Georges Jeanty. From the thrilling introduction of Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin to his unforgettable first encounter with the Child, these iconic STAR WARS moments will be brought to life in a brand-new way, and you can get your first look at the highly-anticipated debut issue right now in a special preview.

“The story of the Mandalorian checks so many boxes of the stuff I’m passionate about,” Barnes told StarWars.com. “I love Westerns, fantasy, science fiction, comedy, drama…it’s a dream gig for any writer. I’m just glad I was chosen for this assignment!”

STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN #1 cover by Adi Granov

STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN #1
Written by RODNEY BARNES
Art by GEORGES JEANTY
Cover by ADI GRANOV
Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
Variant Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
Variant Cover by DAVID AJA
Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Pride Variant Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
Concept Art Variant Cover by NICK GINDRAUX
TV Variant Cover

• Like 1

The Xenomorphs Hold the Key to Humanity's Future in New 'Alien' Comic Series

Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Julius Ohta launch a new 'Alien' epic this August.

This August, writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson will continue his bold contributions to the world of ALIEN in an all-new comic series!

Featuring the incredible and terrifying artwork of rising star Julius Ohta, ALIEN #1 will kick off a new saga that will serve as a perfect entry point into the legendary horror/science-fiction franchise for newcomers and as a must-read for longtime fans. Packed with thrilling revelations and fresh insights into the ALIEN mythos, this new chapter promises to further explore the hard-hitting themes Johnson presented in the title’s first era as a new cast of characters must go deep into Xenomorph territory for a chance to combat human extinction. 

A small colony of synths have settled in secret on a backwater moon. When a company of United System soldiers come to them for help retrieving biotechnology on a hostile planet that could be the key to saving humanity, the synths must decide whether the prospect of peace between man and machine is worth the risk of betrayal.

"Writing Season 1 of Marvel’s ALIEN was a horror fanboy’s dream come true,” Johnson said. “We got to tell exactly the story we wanted to tell, bringing horrific new species of Xenomorph to life while also exploring the themes of family and corporate distrust that are such a crucial part of the films. And as much as I loved our Season 1, we’re outdoing it in every way in the new series." 

"The series kicks off a chapter called ALIEN: ICARUS, which heightens the action in a similar way to how James Cameron’s 1986 Aliens did after the original film," he continued. "In ALIEN: ICARUS, readers will meet the legendary Synthetic Special Operations Team, led by one of my favorite original Alien characters so far: an unstoppable synthetic named Freyja."

"When disaster strikes a crucial United Systems planet, the entire human population of the system relies on Steel Team finding the long-deserted Weyland-Yutani Research and Development outpost on Tobler-9, one of the most hostile environments in the known universe. Steel Team’s the most bad-ass strike team in military history, and they’ve never met an organic life form that offered them the slightest threat…but they don't know what's waiting for them on Tobler-9," he explained.

"Julius Ohta is exceeding all expectations as series artist," he added. "Every background, every facial expression and emotion, and of course, all the environmental creepiness and full-on body horror is lovingly rendered by Julius, who is at the absolute top of his game right now. I can’t say enough great things about him. Fans are going to be truly spoiled. Stay tuned for one of the best, most beautiful ALIEN comics ever made."

“When I got invite to draw the new Alien series, I had a professional and standard reaction - I was glad to be invited and I was determined to make it the best work of my life. But then, a few minutes later, it came all at once - I understood that I was going to draw Alien… THE ALIEN. I freaked out (in a very good way) and then I knew the tremendous responsibility that is to be in this franchise,”  Ohta shared.

“Even though, there’s a huge responsibility to bring the series to life, I couldn’t expect a better welcome from the creative team. It is been fantastic to work with Phillip, Sarah [Brunstad] and everyone involved," he said. "Phillip is a genius and also a gentleman and is always looking for something to make the story better. When I started reading the script, I couldn’t stop until I reached the last page. I could talk about it forever… Sarah is such a kind editor and it’s been a dream to work with these guys!

“The Alien franchise influenced an entire generation and I’m among the people who were hugely influenced by the movies, designs, games and so much more. I hope readers enjoy the series we are bringing to them,” he concluded.

ALIEN #1 cover by Björn Barends

ALIEN #1
Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON  
Art by JULIUS OHTA 
Cover by BJÖRN BARENDS
On Sale 8/10

Man, machine, and the most terrifying creature in the universe…it’s an express elevator to hell, and you’re gonna want to be on it! Don’t miss ALIEN #1 when it arrives this August!

• 7 months later...

Marvel Comics Celebrates 100 Years of Disney with Variant Covers Starring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and More

Check out the next three covers in the year-long variant cover program that puts a Disney twist on iconic Marvel Comics moments.

The Walt Disney Company will mark its 100th anniversary in 2023 and will celebrate the incredible storytellers, creators, and fans who, together, spark the magic and wonder of Disney. Disney100 is a celebration of that journey and will bring new experiences with beloved characters around the globe, and Marvel Comics will be marking the occasion with a special monthly DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER PROGRAM featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and more.

The variant program in honor of Disney100 will celebrate Marvel’s past, present, and future through the classic “What If” lens, with a fantastic reimagining of Marvel’s most classic comic book covers. While the initial trio of these first-of-its-kind art pieces paid homage to the foundational stories of the Marvel Universe, the next set will celebrate some of Marvel’s more modern game changing stories!

See Disney’s iconic characters immersed in pivotal moments of the Marvel mythos, including the earth-shattering 90s event INFINITY GAUNTLET, the debut of the lineup of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes that would define the 2000s in NEW AVENGERS #1, and the transformative journey Tony Stark went on in the pages of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN

With 12 covers in total, fans can look forward to a new Disney100 variant cover (also available in Black and White versions) hitting stands each month of 2023 at local comic book shops. The variant covers will be found on select upcoming issues of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN starting with AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17 on January 11.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23 Disney100 Variant Cover by Lorenzo Pastrovicchio

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23 DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER by LORENZO PASTROVICCHIO with Colors by CHIARA DI FRANCIA (ARANCIA STUDIO) 
On Sale 4/5/23

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 Disney100 Variant Cover by Donald Soffritti

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER by DONALD SOFFRITTI with Colors by CHIARA DI FRANCIA (ARANCIA STUDIO)
On Sale 5/3/23

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27 Disney100 Variant Cover by Claudio Sciarrone

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27 DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER by CLAUDIO SCIARRONE with Colors by ENRICO PENNAZZA (ARANCIA STUDIO)
On Sale 6/7/23

Check out Marvel Comics’ newest DISNEY100 VARIANT COVERS now, and stay tuned for more to be revealed in the months ahead!

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy