• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent (and not so recent) arrivals;

- Universal Horror, Vol-4 (Slipcase)

- Boyz N The Hood (EB Spec Ed.)

- Taboo, TV Series (1 season), (Studio Canal, Slipcase)

- Black Sails, TV Series, (Starz, 2 Steelbooks, PET Slip)

- Fail Safe, (Criterion)

image.thumb.jpeg.8bb5a2eaa0ddff4154afd2809de78749.jpeg

* sadly, the flash washed out all the beautiful colours!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Listing:

The 1st two though, I've had for a bit and just getting to pics now;

- Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan;  This is an incredible doc on an incredible man. In the last quarter of it, they show some of the original critter props that he made and were thought lost! This Blu is worth seeing for those alone but the whole thing is very special. I think I've watched it 3 times so far.

- POP! Venom (includes 'PopArt' Steelbook): I think it's safe to say, my Venom collection is officially complete...for now...🙃

- Rhaegal Dragon: GoT series;  I now have all 3 and they are displayed on wall above the gorgeous wood 'Collector's Edition' of GoT.

- Drive Angry (3D); I had forgotten this crazy-great show had a 3D release. Soon as I saw it again, ordered ( and pretty cheap if I recall). I'd love to see what they could do with a Premium for this!

- Sleepy Hollow (Digibook); I have the amaray and the Steel already but this art is gorgeous so had to have it. Another one I'd love to see a Premium for. (edit; grabbing the Mediabook)

- Knives Out (4K Steel); glad this finally arrived, now for a triple bill with this, Clue and Murder By Death !

- Here, are x4 magnetic Steelbook covers (x3 are lenti, Alien is not and I take lousy pics of Lentis...sorry) I received from an associate in Russia.

- 2001,    - Venom,    - Matrix,    - Alien

I personally do not actually put them on the Steels, as these particular Film's Steels look great already but they have multiple display options available...🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.9eee120cb57903ab4fd27cd56a9bf442.jpeg

• Like 4

Includes;

- Disorganized Crime: ( very funny cops 'n robbers spoof with some comedic heavy hitters in it, Highly recommenced)

- Hunter's Moon: ( Dvd only. Not sure yet, I've heard ya need to think "B" film while watching, we'll see)

- Ladyhawke: (Blu) always loved this film, despite Ferris being in it.

- Spidey In Europe: (Amz.jp spec ed. includes a separate "Bonus Disc". Very attractive release and it came planked, thank heavens!)

- Salute of the Jugger: (aka "Blood of Heroes") Japanese edition, English OST. Best Blu out there for this, one of my fave fliks!)

- Zombieland: ( I had given my copy to my kids, remembered to order another when I ordered;

- Zombieland Double Tap: ( a fun double bill to watch together now)

- Clue: another long overdue upgrade (Curry and gang are hilarious)

- Murder By Death: another overdue upgrade. (More Christie style mayhem, also hilarious)

note: with "Knives Out" in the pipe, hope to do a triple bill feature watch with the above two. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.7c0170c0280e47cf7287c26559684638.jpeg

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Nice @Grendel

tenor.gif?itemid=14623635

I love this movie too. I wish they would release a real BD as the Japanese transfer is more DVD quality (worst BD picture I have seen, but still must have 😅).

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

- Ladyhawke: (Blu) always loved this film, despite Ferris being in it.

😂 I can't stand him too, but I also bought the BD just recently (German Version), as I have not seen in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ Thanks my friend @extantsrevenge!

Agree with everything you've said.

Back when my collecting habits were a bit more, shall we say, diverse and I was picking up movie posters that I fancied, I was very fortunate to get a Full Sheet of "Blood of Heroes".

It's one of my prized ones and yeah, due to wall space, I have yet to frame it and hang it.

I think I've just discovered another Spring project...hmm 🤔

A few others I want to frame;

- Sleepy Hollow (Headless Horseman ver. dble sided Full Sheet)

- Sorcerer (Friedkin, Full Sheet)

- Dracula (Coppola, Full Sheet)

Dang, sounds like I'm decorating a dungeon!

Well, considering the wall I have in mind, that's not far wrong....

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Back when my collecting habits were a bit more, shall we say, diverse and I was picking up movie posters that I fancied, I was very fortunate to get a Full Sheet of "Blood of Heroes".

It's one of my prized ones and yeah, due to wall space, I have yet to frame it and hang it.

:wow: that is very cool 👍

Will look great when you got it up. I also have several Comic Posters (mostly Alex Ross) I want to frame but all the walls are covered with shelves 😅 and the places I have for posters are already covered with some Anime Wallscrolls 😪

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Listing:

- Angel Heart (AceMedia spec ed) : had this for a while but wanted to show it off beside my new,

- Angel Heart (Studio Canal, Steel) : Rourke, Bonet and DeNiro are excellent in this.

- White Haired Witch (Wellgo)  : great Chinese film that has seen previous iterations

- Beyond The Black Rainbow (Magnet) : Another I've had for a while. Panos Cosmatos' flik he did before Mandy. Excellent.

- Mandy (Steelbook): I've had the amaray for a while and hope to receive the HMV spec ed in the near future. Love this bat-scat crazy Cage fest.

- Hagazussa: (Arrow Spec ed.) : I've had this on order for a very long time! So happy it arrived minty! (15th Century Witches, definitely my cup-o-tea).

- Police Squad! : I trust no introduction is needed. Thrilled to finally get this on Blu!

- Abe Lincoln; Vampire Hunter (3D+ 2d Blu) : I've toyed with the idea of getting this for a very long time. Finally saw the 3D ed for a cheap price so jumped.  🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.8bf9b98b0ccad9a20feab0f7a84fda0e.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Listing:

- Man With X-Ray Eyes (Second Sight: LE)

- Universal Horror; Vol-5 (Gorillas in the mist)

- Friday The 13th (1st, 40th anniv) Steel

- Shigurui: Death Frenzy (Anime)

- Godzilla, King of the Monsters, Steel

- Stein's Gate (S-1, anime)

- Vampire Hunter D, (Anime) Steel

- Cabin In The Woods, Steel

- Berserk (original, Anime) Steel

image.thumb.jpeg.427654ec477cd208d6d6a45da2b8900a.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Listing:

- It (1990), BB Lenti

- Shazam, HDZ Lenti

- It (2017), BB Lenti

- Troll I & II combo, Eureka (cult fans will know why, it's mentioned on the front sticker). 🙂

- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: DiU (LA), Viz slipped amaray (most anime fans hold little love for live action fliks of beloved titles but Miike did this and very well indeed!)

- One Punch Man S-1, Viz, window slipped amaray ( for my G-D but I'll be watching it before I send it!) 🙂

- Apollo 13, Best Buy Steel (bought a 2nd copy for my Son in Law).

image.thumb.jpeg.77cb013cb6fffbbeae9c88a799ed40be.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

The Thing: (Carpenter; 1982)

- OST by Ennio Morricone

- Sacred Bones release, vinyl LP

- Double gatefold album (2 LPs)

image.thumb.jpeg.68185c18f2902336272f72898803e3ce.jpeg

Shown With:

- CineMuseum, Lenti

- Arrow, LE

- Universal (via HMV), retro VHS slip, Blu

- WB Archive, The Thing from another world ( original film, 1951) LOVE IT!!!  🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

Hi @Veum ;

Very much so, yes!  🥰

I posted the release notice yesterday, in the "English Room" ( just below @Fortis93 announcement for the "Bugs Bunny" new set).

But of course, posts get swamped there quite quickly, so easy to overlook.

I had a devil of a time tracking these down on dvd in the past, so to get them all in Blu, in ONE BOX?

Damn, great time to be alive!  🤩

I'll probably order from Zavvi, or Amz.uk, we'll see how the price war goes....😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

List:

- The Mad Magician ( 1954, Indicator. Wonderful Vincent Price flik)

- War Of The Worlds ( Criterion, original 1953, which compliments my Via Vision "Imprint" release from Oz).

- Gretel & Hansel (2019) (I'm a big fan of Witch fliks and I've heard Alice Krieg's performance, is best part of film)

- Death Parade (2015, Anime. Awesome show about folks that need to compete in Purgatory, before going to Heaven or Hell)

- The Flesh and the Fiends (1960, as I've mentioned before one of the best of the "Burke & Hare" stories)

- The Day The Earth Caught Fire (1961) had the dvd forever. Excellent "end of world" flik by some very plucky Brits!) 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.2864490c61411d542f6bdc062dc9fd8e.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

List:

- WV's First ed of their magazine.  My German is a little rusty but it should get a good work-out with this. Some wonderful colour pics throughout as well.

- Spec ed mag dedicated to Lovecraft. More German, more incredible pictures.

- Holding Slip Box for the 'Anolis' forthcoming '50s sci-fi collection (10 titles, 1st one shown; "It! Terror From Beyond Space".

image.thumb.jpeg.feb03d4423ce7278669479b7cd8f6c69.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

List:

Curse of the Crimson Altar (1968, Brit flik with Karloff and Chris Lee. More witches up to no good. Yes, some German titles don't receive proper translation)

- Count Yorga, Vampire (1970, SteelBook. I have this and the sequel [return of CY] from Arrow as well but wanted that Steel) 🙂

- Necronomicon (1993, I thought I was getting the MB but not a biggy, I also have the superb French special edition, with English track) (Dir by Chris Ganz, one of my FAVE)

- It! The Terror From Beyond Space (1958, one of my childhood faves, very much looking forward to the other 9 '50s Sci-Fi titles for the box) [yes, that's a Blu in DVD case].

image.thumb.jpeg.48ec44472e8ce0681fa37dc193c0dcc7.jpeg

• Like 4

List:

- The Curse (1987, one of the fliks based on Lovecraft's "Color Out Of Space")

- Die Monster Die (1965, also loosely based on "Color Out Of Space")

(now that Nick Cage has provided us with an updated version, time for a triple bill watching 😀)

- Tales That Winess Madness (1973, another crazy yet poignant portmanteau from the UK)

- The Deadly Bees (1966, more Brit cottage horror)

image.thumb.jpeg.c1e008758191868165a3553da2c1d648.jpeg

• Like 6