Basil

New to Mediapsychos beginners guide to Steels buying/groupbuys how it works here roughly

Well i as this site works in its own way compared to alot of other sites. so i thought i do it from a users point of view.

i thought i would try and make a noobs guide as best as i could so you get the gist of how things actually work around here this one is for steelbooks as the example

right the sections here are really broken down in TWO ways

1. Main steelbook section

you have the main steelbook section which is broken down country by country, once in the revalant country you then have listed suppliers for each country.

this will then list a steelbook there that it will exist and relevant info there on each individual thread.

link is for the steelbook section https://mediapsychos.com/forum/4-steelbooks/

2. Groupbuy section

next bit is the groupbuy sections with multiple sections with rules etc

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/69-groupbuys/

but the bit most are actually interested in the steelbook groupbuy section where you join actual groupbuys

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/70-steelbook-groupbuys/

from there these are listed by retailer such as best buy plus many many others, you would click on the retailer you are interested in i will use best buy as the example

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/202-best-buy/

and this method applies to all steelbook gb sections

just to confuse you it all gets split down again in to 2 more sections and this is the important bit!

1>the FIRST top section

lists BEST BUY GROUPBUYS https://mediapsychos.com/forum/164-best-buy-groupbuys/

this is where the groupbuys happen by steelbook thread title and once in relevant thread

i will use captain marvel here as the example in this section

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/9419-gb-open-captain-marvel-4k-uhd2d-blu-ray-steelbook-only-best-buy-usa/

ALL GBS are controlled by a BOT called gypsy danger and the staff come in and take the info you put into the form from the green button, in the opening post of that thread

all info about said gb is in the opening post and importantly once staff have added you to the GB Participation List in the opening post you will see your name such as @Basil listed there.

5a9051fb49ca9_OPEN-REQUEST(NEW).gif.81a5

once you filled in the form and this changes slightly from gb to gb wether you join to get on the list to add you firstly and if you want shipping direct or to HUB

(in this case the example is only one version and they only have shipping to hub and with insurance or without)

sometimes later on other gbs have beautyshots showing which edition you may want to choose sometimes from 3 or 4 more versions but is done later something called an UPDATE phase.

so you would join the gb get name on list and then do an update phase later on but NOT in the case of captain marvel so try not to confuse but just to explain slight differences between groupbuys but with time you will see what is being said.

2>the SECOND bottom section INFO SECTION FOR GB

Info and chat specific to BEST BUY Group Buys (basically same on just retailer name changes)

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/203-info-and-chat-specific-to-best-buy-group-buys/

this is where you can ask questions about/discuss info for the gb thread for the steel you interested in, also alot of info regarding that gb will come up in here from staff

so captain marvel one for the example https://mediapsychos.com/topic/9418-captain-marvel-best-buy-gb-info-and-questions/

in the opening post you will have links to GROUPBUY LINK

and to RELEASE THREAD LINK (basically takes you back to main steelbook thread info only nothing to do with gb)

my most important bit of FREE advice what ever steel you are intrested at the top of ALL the threads there is a FOLLOW button this sets up notifciations for that thread

so here being the example captain marvel follow link

https://mediapsychos.com/notifications/?do=follow&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=9418

giving you the following options

Follow Captain Marvel (Best Buy) GB Info and Questions

• Send me:
    • A notification when new content is posted
      Change how the notification is sent
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me any notifications

obviously it is all upto you but the STEELBOOK GB INFO section for a gb is where it really is at.

you would be let known example when an update phase would happen.

if you set up notifications for the the gb itself everytime someone joins the gb you would get a notification and with hundreds joining the gb you would soon get pissed with the amount of notifications for that alone.

anyway i hope this has been of some sort of help and a rough guide to how things work around here to start you off on your travels here.

also final bit of info, if you need to contact staff you can use tag system basically put an @ sybmol in front of there name and comes up in blue once done correctly names of staff listed below

@ksosk@extantsrevenge@Scary Hair@deckard99 there are many more but all good people

hope it helps

all the best

basil :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Awards

thanks everyone

one major thing i forgot to explain which as been highlighted to me by newbies keep asking

after the update phase has closed they keep asking to update there choice and staff have to keep repeating its closed

so once the update phase has closed anyone that has NOT updated is OUT of the gb period.

so to repeat the process

1.join gb on list

2. get thru the update phase get you choice on the list carry on with the gb.

miss the update phase your OUT, no come backs

3.pay when asked by paypal down the line miss the deadline your OFF the gb as well!

If users have any sense pay the bill the minute you get it no point in upsetting staff, make there life easier and secure your spot.

because if you don't there is always someone behind you to take your spot and you could be BANNED from further GBS, no one wants to be on the shitlist just ask @DodgyDave i'm sure his shitlist is long xD

hope this has helped and now has guided you all abit how it all works here

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Awards

What a great topic @Basil

I hope new, and maybe not so new, members take the time to read it. The GB part of MP can be very intimidating at first. (maybe all the time ;))

It is much easier sometimes to explain from the outside. The staff on the "inside" don't always see the problems members face.

The golden rule must be to ask the question in the "info and chat" , if a member is in any doubt about anything. There are always members of staff monitoring these threads/topics.

As for my famous list. 

I would say to members, what the late, great Brucie used to say.

"You are my favourite"  :D

(as long as you pay on time) ;)

On 3/28/2019 at 1:07 AM, Basil said:

thanks everyone

one major thing i forgot to explain which as been highlighted to me by newbies keep asking

after the update phase has closed they keep asking to update there choice and staff have to keep repeating its closed

so once the update phase has closed anyone that has NOT updated is OUT of the gb period.

so to repeat the process

1.join gb on list

2. get thru the update phase get you choice on the list carry on with the gb.

miss the update phase your OUT, no come backs

3.pay when asked by paypal down the line miss the deadline your OFF the gb as well!

If users have any sense pay the bill the minute you get it no point in upsetting staff, make there life easier and secure your spot.

because if you don't there is always someone behind you to take your spot and you could be BANNED from further GBS, no one wants to be on the shitlist just ask @DodgyDave i'm sure his shitlist is long xD

hope this has helped and now has guided you all abit how it all works here

Hi @Basil, great info for us newbies!

I'm in alot of the GBs so I do not want to miss any deadlines or be banned! ;)

My question/concern is on your #3^, does someone contact us by PM when we are to pay w/PayPal (invoices?) & from seeing others that are going to pay, why is there several invoices to pay from, is this always through PayPal?

Also is there a link to whomever that we are to pay to from our PayPal account, just how does this work?

You or anyone with knowledge can PM me also, thank you!

regards

@Veum

Awards

41 minutes ago, Veum said:

Hi @Basil, great info for us newbies!

I'm in alot of the GBs so I do not want to miss any deadlines or be banned! ;)

My question/concern is on your #3^, does someone contact us by PM when we are to pay w/PayPal (invoices?) & from seeing others that are going to pay, why is there several invoices to pay from, is this always through PayPal?

Also is there a link to whomever that we are to pay to from our PayPal account, just how does this work?

You or anyone with knowledge can PM me also, thank you!

regards

@Veum

Hi @Veum

You will see on the Question  and Chat Threads replys like 1st Invoice paid .

Invoices depending on the size of the GB are dine in waves .

If you have not had an invoice in 24 hrs a message to any staff member will not be a bad idea 👍❤.

It is an offical PayPal imvoice listing all costs and editions .

All you do is click  the link and pay .

Its so easy as I can do it. My collection would not be anywhere as what I would wish it to be without MP's help .

Love Ann ❤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1