IGNORED

Manta Lab Edge of Tomorrow (CANCELLED)

Scary Hair

Problem any company has with this title is that old Mr Cruise has a clause that he 100% must feature as the art on any home releases, and he keeps so tight a control that his management get final say. Its much harder getting art approved for his movies than pretty much anything or anyone else. I can see this being canned as getting art approved will be a nightmare.

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, scrface87 said:

I really do hope this doesn't get canned, one of most anticipated releases of this year. Love Cruise and this film. 

I agree.

A superb film. A great combination of "Time Travel" and "War" films.

I read somewhere that there's going to be another film. So there's an opportunity here for Manta to get in on a mini franchise.

I have been waiting for a worthy release of this in Steelbook form. I didn't rate Novas offering. So would definitely be in for a click if it happens. :pow:

Doesn't surprise me cruise has final say he is a weird one (cult member) imo his films aren't all that great to me he is as bland as I digestive biscuit first MI film great rain man great I'm even a fan of top gun but his later stuff just didn't grab me, it's just personal opinion but cruise is not for me glad it's not an exclusive so I can pass :-) 

Awards

• 2 months later...

[ME#?] Edge of Tomorrow - Cancelled
Again, this is not good news coming from us because we have decided to cancel Edge of Tomorrow. There are many many reasons why we have decided to cancel the release but in few points are as below.

- We wanted to make it more "Emily Blunt" based designs but since it's another Talent's movie, we were not able to do it. Talent parity issue is a big problem (We are also struggling a bit with Fight Club due to this reason) and we cannot use "Emily Blunt" as a main / only in the design.
- Theatrical Materials are not allowed for the release. We have planned the whole design based on the theatrical materials but it was banned from using for us. 
- Talent Approval has been very very difficult. Due to the talent's approval, we were unable to change any designs with our products

11 minutes ago, Hatori said:

[ME#?] Edge of Tomorrow - Cancelled
Again, this is not good news coming from us because we have decided to cancel Edge of Tomorrow. There are many many reasons why we have decided to cancel the release but in few points are as below.

- We wanted to make it more "Emily Blunt" based designs but since it's another Talent's movie, we were not able to do it. Talent parity issue is a big problem (We are also struggling a bit with Fight Club due to this reason) and we cannot use "Emily Blunt" as a main / only in the design.
- Theatrical Materials are not allowed for the release. We have planned the whole design based on the theatrical materials but it was banned from using for us. 
- Talent Approval has been very very difficult. Due to the talent's approval, we were unable to change any designs with our products

Thanks for posting the update, shame that there designs weren't approved.

Still got the Nova lenticular for this movie, so not to despondent. ?

Awards

See even mantalab think cruise is a bore they didn't want put him on the cover lol kind of glad it's scrapped as i have it already and wasn't that impressed tbf so opens up the spot for something else, second to that not a good sign they are strugglering with fight club that's very sad news they can scrap the next ten just hope fight club goes through ??? get them fingers crossed psychos 

Awards

Archived