IGNORED

Plain Archive Media Psychos Plain Archive Award

vor einer Stunde schrieb Casiusco:

Congratulations for this really beautiful collection.

You have some of the most beautiful editions I've found. From those times when things were done more elegantly, taking more care of design; than the new times of industrial production sometimes, or in some retailers.

I have to stop one day to take my own photos for awards, and start with Plain Archive. I think it is a clearly undervalued retailer today; although it is also true that its level of releases and publications has changed a lot.

Especially those editions of "Paterson", "Incendies", "I saw the devil", "The Master" and "The Wrestler" are a must have in good taste.

The edition of "The Master" smells of elegance from all its corners, totally linked to the film. The full slip of "The Wrestler", as worn as the character himself, is beautiful, although not as beautiful as the spectacular and memorable steelbook hidden inside. That "I saw the devil" cover is pure elegance; while the one for "Incendies" is wonderful, it could be a large poster and will continue to be. Finally, the Paterson Deluxe Box is spectacular. Another must have. It is not easy to take care of an edition so much, to put so much love, and to be so generous when designing it.

That doesn't mean that the others you have are not beautiful, in fact I also have "I, Tonya", "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", and "Rust and bones", I love them; but those five seem to me a milestone in what a collector's edition can represent and become in our hands.

Yes, congratulations. 

An award to be proud of.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words.

We share the same preferences regarding these editions for reasons I couldnt describe any better, you took the words right outta my mouth.

I really like it when an edition resonates vibes of the movie or sentiments of the protagonists, so I would add Rust & Bone to my faves. The longing of her to be free, independent again after tragey stroke is perfectly mirrored in that image. Wish, more retailers would lay so much thought in their designs.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Great collection, congrats.

Envy you for the gorgeous Melancholia editions. 

Thank you so very much!! ❤️ The Melancholia were my grails, I just recently got the white slip from a friend who found it for me and then I got lucky with the DVDPrime slip last year 😁 I'm hoping to eventually work towards getting almost all of the PAs one day!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...