IGNORED

Smokey and the Bandit - 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) [USA]

nefilim

14 hours ago, Viper0210 said:

Same here. I watched it a few months ago on TV.  Dated bit still funny.

I don't mind dated in some areas if the film and humour still stand up and Canonball run 1 and 2 are still hilarious now. Definitely funnier than anything Ben Stiller has or will ever make! Smokey has dated more so, not least the car. Surprised it hasn't been remade lol

Awards

• 1 month later...

Another Reynolds film I'd love to see on blu-ray is The Best Little Whore House In Texas. Burt and Dolly Parton in one of the funniest and sweetest comedies ever made. LOVED that film growing up and of course if features Dolly singing HER ORIGINAL version of I Will Always Love You, before that crackhead murdered it in the pile of poo The Bodyguard!

Awards

2 hours ago, psychoscot said:

Another Reynolds film I'd love to see on blu-ray is The Best Little Whore House In Texas. Burt and Dolly Parton in one of the funniest and sweetest comedies ever made. LOVED that film growing up and of course if features Dolly singing HER ORIGINAL version of I Will Always Love You, before that crackhead murdered it in the pile of poo The Bodyguard!

Savage! ?

Awards

1 hour ago, howarmat said:

i am wondering if this is worth picking up over the 2010 edition i already own.  Audio is DTS-MA in the 2010 version versus the carry over 5.1 on this release.  Video is supposed to be a new encode though

To be honest on older films like this, I tend to go for picture over sound unless its a complete remaster like Dirty Harry where they went back to both negative and sound recordings and reworked both

Awards

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Smokey and the Bandit - 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) [USA]

Archived