IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Adventures of Indiana Jones (1-4) (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#09) (Coloured Wooden Case Edition) (4K Only) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Shaun Stocks said:

We’re only 3 months away from the 4K general release. I joined the original GB and still want to participate in the GB, so my question is are MP leaving the original GB or resetting it?…Many thanks

Not decided yet but we’ll most likely close this one and launch a new one as we expect that quite a few members on the list have either despaired/lost interest or haven’t been on MP in ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I thought I had joined this GB ages ago, went to check on this thread since the recently announced steels reminded me. I only never joined and now its closed 

It's not closed, just merely paused... which basically means a new one will most likely be launched when/if UC receive the 4K discs/go ahead.

uyKgrYk.gif

• Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★
51 minutes ago, Shaun Stocks said:

Why would there be issues?

I think we forget that sales of physical discs and players worldwide have been in decline for years. Below is USA but that's all I can find at the moment. The China situation is likely even worse with a large percentage of the population not interested / can't afford 4k UHD.

I've never been to China but I'm very familiar with the Philippines and people still buy VCDs over there! (if they aren't pirating), maybe DVD at most. Blu-rays and 4k are barely seen there.

And of course streaming is growing rapidly. I imagine it's very hard to make money selling 4k discs in such an environment.

These are my thoughts / guesses, so if anyone has better info please let us know!

image.png.d18d787209681c0dd9c1c05781148c3b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Shaun Stocks said:

Could UHD Club release this without the 4K discs as I hear the boxes are all ready?

That's really a last resort type of move. Very risky for retailers to do as discless editions tend not to sell well. For this release it's better to wait as there is no reason to believe the discs won't be available at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, deckard99 said:

That's really a last resort type of move. Very risky for retailers to do as discless editions tend not to sell well. For this release it's better to wait as there is no reason to believe the discs won't be available at some point. 

What about discless memento? I'm sure that would sell pretty well

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Yeah I dont think memento is getting a 4k release. They didnt do it for its 20th anniversary I dont see it happening soon. Shame. I hope UHD club makes an exception for it 

I think the main issue is getting studio approval to do it at all. Only once that's in place do discs become a concern. 

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

Yeah I dont think memento is getting a 4k release. They didnt do it for its 20th anniversary I dont see it happening soon. Shame. I hope UHD club makes an exception for it 

Funny that you mentioned it but MP was just discussing with UC recently.

UC will clear the rest of Nolan first and by then if there is still no mews of Memento, 

they may go ahead to apply for the bluray then probably leave a space for a future 4K disc.

Gingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Funny that you mentioned it but MP was just discussing with UC recently.

UC will clear the rest of Nolan first and by then if there is still no mews of Memento, 

they may go ahead to apply for the bluray then probably leave a space for a future 4K disc.

Gingers crossed!

I know it's not april 1st where you live anymore so you better not be messing with me cause this is the best news I've heard all week 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4